1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

February 23rd: PM2019 014: The First Visit to the Isshu Region! Raid Battle at the Ruins!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

2. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

Beedrill got one-shotted (at least that's what the preview implies), so unless he's got a third Pokemon on hand or Scorbunny magically learns a new move capable of harming a Ghost-type, he's not getting it.

...I think. I don't play GO, so I don't know the exact rules of Raid Battles.

3. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

And people were worried Ash wouldn't use his Dragonite for battle this episode

4. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Go is gonna throw a ball when Ash weakens it and steal the catch

BabaVanga likes this.
  5. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

Well he'll have the other Unova Pokémon he caught before hand.

You keep sending out Pokemon until the Raid Boss is defeated or timer runs out.

I don't know why people were worried when the only move Pikachu can use on it was Iron Tail.

wolf jani likes this.
  6. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

So Ash’s Dragonite knows Dragon Claw.
    Not the typical Outrage huh?
    I hope we will know more about its moveset in this episode.

7. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: The bEGGinning of greatness!

This basically defines the series(or the characters, at least) in one picture
    The P2019 version of this gif
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  8. Red and Blue

Outrage would have been risky since it ends with the user being confused. Ash's Dragonite could attack itself

wolf jani likes this.
  9. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Anime often forgets side effects from using certain moves or repurposes them into weird stuff. Anything goes, really.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  10. Red and Blue

Didnt Gladion's Lycanroc bite itself after using Outrage too much?

wolf jani and Bortgreen like this.
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm extremely pleased to see that Spear will battle here, and while Kairyu's presence doesn't surprise me, at least it'll have a chance to battle instead of it simply hugging Satoshi like I originally feared.

RLC, wolf jani and FlygontheRavager like this.
  12. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Because Ash totally didn't use Pikachu against Hapu's Golurk.

BabaVanga, Ignition and mehmeh1 like this.
  13. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

Yes but this was used as a way to break out of the confusion so that Midnight Lycanroc could attack Dusk Lycanroc when it tried to attack it.

14. AuraChannelerChris

In the games, hitting a confused opponent doesn't make confusion go away. In fact, the user can't hit themselves and only get recoil damage that doesn't make confusion go away.

(Even if, in many other RPGs, hitting a confused target actually heals them from confusion, albeit a tad risky.)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  15. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

The 2nd preview kind of confuses me a bit.

The 1st preview had all these attacks on Golurk, 2nd preview only shows Go and Ash fighting Golurk.

It could be perspective, but does it imply, that the other competitors lose and its up to Ash.

So then if it is solely up to Ash and Golurk is caught, not that I want this for ghost type reasons, but why wouldn't Ash catch Golurk, I suppose if Ash does indeed catch Litwick that could be an explanation.

But If Go is catching other Pokemon, I'm not entirely sure why Ash would allow Go to catch said Golurk, if its even caught.

I'm still rather annoyed by its size, because if Ash somehow catches it, he should technically be invincible except for the strongest of trainers.

But then its like why would Go deserve to catch it when his Beedrill fainted. I guess we'll find out within quite a few hours, but I'm still lost on trying to understand the point of this episode, outside of just SOME Pokemon captures by Go.

16. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I'll be happy as long as Ash gets a Ghost-type tomorrow. Be it Litwick or Golurk.

17. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

While failing miserably with it in the process, so he learned his lesson, by using Dragonite

18. AuraChannelerChris

And so Hapu stupidly fought in a battlefield surrounded by water.

19. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

Then you're setting yourself up for disappointment? Just like with Drednaw, Piplup, etc.. I'm just skeptical Ash is catching these Pokemon that have no promo or merchandise but who knows...

20. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

Yep, it’s the only reason Pikachu won

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.