• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 23rd: PM2019 014: The First Visit to the Isshu Region! Raid Battle at the Ruins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry's Journey

New preview image from official Twitter.
https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1231126478198194176

ERSpWCfU0AUPWqg

Wow both Ash and Go look so good here!

I think it’s dragon claw

Yeah, I saw the preview again on YT and it seems it's dragon claw.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Beedrill got one-shotted (at least that's what the preview implies), so unless he's got a third Pokemon on hand or Scorbunny magically learns a new move capable of harming a Ghost-type, he's not getting it.

...I think. I don't play GO, so I don't know the exact rules of Raid Battles.

Red and Blue

And people were worried Ash wouldn't use his Dragonite for battle this episode

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Beedrill got one-shotted (at least that's what the preview implies), so unless he's got a third Pokemon on hand or Scorbunny magically learns a new move capable of harming a Ghost-type, he's not getting it.

Well he'll have the other Unova Pokémon he caught before hand.

...I think. I don't play GO, so I don't know the exact rules of Raid Battles.

You keep sending out Pokemon until the Raid Boss is defeated or timer runs out.

And people were worried Ash wouldn't use his Dragonite for battle this episode

I don't know why people were worried when the only move Pikachu can use on it was Iron Tail.

Egakor

So Ash’s Dragonite knows Dragon Claw.
Not the typical Outrage huh?
I hope we will know more about its moveset in this episode.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
For some reason, I really love the contrast between Gou's nervous bishonen face, Satoshi's slightly puzzled expression, and Hibanny's complete lack of awareness in this situation. I also can't help but appreciate the 2020 version of surprised Pikachu face.
This basically defines the series(or the characters, at least) in one picture
The P2019 version of this gif
eab069f1c117bcff7be4e12650a12870.gif

Last edited:

Red and Blue

So Ash’s Dragonite knows Dragon Claw.
Not the typical Outrage huh?
I hope we will know more about its moveset in this episode.
Outrage would have been risky since it ends with the user being confused. Ash's Dragonite could attack itself

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Didnt Gladion's Lycanroc bite itself after using Outrage too much?
In the games, hitting a confused opponent doesn't make confusion go away. In fact, the user can't hit themselves and only get recoil damage that doesn't make confusion go away.

(Even if, in many other RPGs, hitting a confused target actually heals them from confusion, albeit a tad risky.)

Last edited:

dman_dustin

The 2nd preview kind of confuses me a bit.

The 1st preview had all these attacks on Golurk, 2nd preview only shows Go and Ash fighting Golurk.

It could be perspective, but does it imply, that the other competitors lose and its up to Ash.

So then if it is solely up to Ash and Golurk is caught, not that I want this for ghost type reasons, but why wouldn't Ash catch Golurk, I suppose if Ash does indeed catch Litwick that could be an explanation.

But If Go is catching other Pokemon, I'm not entirely sure why Ash would allow Go to catch said Golurk, if its even caught.

I'm still rather annoyed by its size, because if Ash somehow catches it, he should technically be invincible except for the strongest of trainers.

But then its like why would Go deserve to catch it when his Beedrill fainted. I guess we'll find out within quite a few hours, but I'm still lost on trying to understand the point of this episode, outside of just SOME Pokemon captures by Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.