• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 23rd: PM2019 014: The First Visit to the Isshu Region! Raid Battle at the Ruins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Well we know the anime is real fast and lose with the game rules lol. Plus we've seen giant undynamaxed pokemon before so it's not impossible.

I mean Wailord is one thing, but do you remember the giant Dragonite from the original series, if someone caught that, how anyone be able to use it for battles? The thing would faint anything by just falling on top of it (barring the most durable).

If this Golurk requires multiple people to battle it just to catch it, how is any normal trainer going to fare against it, in a normal battle?

I guess Go has to catch it, so that it just stays at the lab.

Although I guess no one catches it.

World Turtle

I guess Sandile is caught as they're sand-surfing, Darmanitan is caught outside the ruins, Cofagrigus is caught in the ruins, and Golurk is caught at the end of the raid battle.

Litwick is in this episode, but was not listed among the Pokemon Gou meets in that magazine. So will he catch it or will Ash catch it? Ash is the one reacting too it the most so maybe he'll catch it? Be nice to see Ash get something here.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Good to see Go’s Spear appearing again, animation and art looks pretty clean in this episode as well. Loving Satoshi’s facial expressions, episode look just as fun and silly as the ruins one from Best Wishes!

This is the first preview I’ve seen out of PM2019 that genuinely looks pretty hype-worthy and informative.

Last edited:

Rohanator

Raid bosses in Go are also gigantic and shrink when you beat them, maybe they'll introduce that in addition to Dynamax somehow, just a separate unrelated gigantification phenomenon lol.

Can't really see Go getting this unless it shrinks afterwards so Keira will probably get it. Go has plenty of other Unova Mons to grab.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Really, Gou? Out of all the Pokemon to use to pull a sled, you choose the bee? Eh, at least it's being used.

Speaking of "gou", Ash and Gou are wearing the Go-Goggles from ORAS. Nice touch.

In Episode 2, there was a Raid Battle agaisnt Lugia.

So, I suppose it is legal to fight in a group against a powerful Pokemon in the anime.

What Dman means is that Golurk is larger than normal, so even if it's caught, it can't be allowed to use because of its size (which isn't a thing).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It's nice to finally see the Desert Resort in the anime after it got snubbed due to the whole Team Rocket vs Team Plasma catastrophe, even if it is for a treasure hunt contest. Plus, the fact that we're seeing Ash's Dragonite & Go's Beedrill is great too

Also. I still like Cilan, but I'm already starting to like the CotDs with the Meditite & shiny Psyduck more than Iris

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Not a great sign for Dragonite battling that there’s already 4 Pokémon out in that Golurk scene.

To be fair though, it could be just a case of where Ash and Gou have just arrived to the room with Golurk in it and that it attacks them right away so they haven't had a chance of sending out their Dragonite and Beedrill yet. Plus I wouldn't saying that Pikachu and Scorbunny being out in that scene means that there being used there considering those two are always out and so far we haven't seen any sign of them attacking or really battling the Golurk. Sure they could be used but right now I think there is still a chance that Dragonite and Beedrill might be used for this battle.

Red and Blue

Of all the Pokemon to be a shiny they picked Psyduck? Ok then, shrugs.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Finally Dragonite is getting used. Took long enough...

World Turtle

Since Sandile, Darmatian, and Cofagrigus weren't shown in the preview I wonder if Go just catches them once they arrive in Unova?

I see Sandile being caught as their sand surfing, Darmanitan being caught outside the ruins, and Cogfagrigus being caught inside the ruins. Then Golurk gets caught at the end of the raid battle.

Don't know who Litwick will go too. Could be either Ash or Gou.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I see Sandile being caught as their sand surfing, Darmanitan being caught outside the ruins, and Cogfagrigus being caught inside the ruins. Then Golurk gets caught at the end of the raid battle.

I feel neither of them gets the Golurk, they can't all get one like ingame, so I've got a feeling archeologist girl gets it.

Red and Blue

I could see Litwick going to Ash.

If Go catches that Golurk I can already picture it just hanging around at the lab

Cptnmac1

I'm not sure if gou is going to capture all of them. The magazine scan said he would meet them, not necessarily capture them and it's weird that scwovet wasn't among the ones he'd meet. I think he'll definitely get sandile. As for the other ones I'm not sure. I'm also not sure that ash would get litwick. With Gengar looking more likely I don't know if they would give him 2 ghost types back to back this close together. If someone captures it, I'd probably guess it would be Gou or one of the COTDs

Status
Not open for further replies.