• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 24th: SM110 - Hole in One at PokéGolf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Even though I'd prefer Lycanroc to be used here over Pikachu, Pikachu's tail can be used as a golf club. And I also hope Turtonator being listed doesn't mean it's Kiawe's partner in PokeGolf, because Marowak's bone would be a good substitute golf club.

D

Deleted member 384931

Tbh I dont have any interest in this episode. Even no TR

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 384931

I'm afraid that this episode might be similar to the ping pong episode (which isn't good at all.) than the baseball episode. Let's hope that I'm wrong.
I get they want to introduce an Elite Four member and a sport, but golf is lame tbh.

JC317

"This is the first time they ever see golf, so they're all really fascinated by it!"

Wait what? I can't imagine any kid being fascinated at first sight by golf of all things. The summary even made a point to distinguish golf against Pokegolf, so they're not even fascinated just because Pokemon were involved in the first place.

nuzamaki90

"This is the first time they ever see golf, so they're all really fascinated by it!"

Wait what? I can't imagine any kid being fascinated at first sight by golf of all things. The summary even made a point to distinguish golf against Pokegolf, so they're not even fascinated just because Pokemon were involved in the first place.
What makes it even more confusing is that they go on to say PokeGolf is popular in Alola yet none of the kids have heard of it until now lol?

Or they have seen PokeGolf but haven’t seen regular golf, for some strange reason?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Golfer Waifu Kahili is confirmed.

Now to see Ash get hit in the face with a golf ball!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Even though I'd prefer Lycanroc to be used here over Pikachu, Pikachu's tail can be used as a golf club. And I also hope Turtonator being listed doesn't mean it's Kiawe's partner in PokeGolf, because Marowak's bone would be a good substitute golf club.

Turtonator has Dragon Tail. Also, Marowak's been hogging most of the screentime since like the Necrozma arc. Give Turtonator something to do.

DatsRight

Turtonator has Dragon Tail. Also, Marowak's been hogging most of the screentime since like the Necrozma arc. Give Turtonator something to do.

I could maybe see them using Charizard for once since it hasn't gotten a lot of bonding time with Kiawe and now they look to be easing it into spotlight. Turtonator would be fine too though, though that club of Marowak's looks too perfect for use.

dman_dustin

To be fair, Ash will likely use Pikachu, because its not like he has other Pokemon BUT:
You are aware Professor Kukui's VA voices Lycanroc, so there's no reason to believe Lycanroc has NO chance of being used (well ignoring that it has to compete with Pikachu), but its not because of the lack of VA because there isn't one in regards to Lycanroc.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokenchi showed footage from the episode, and we saw that Satoshi's partner is Pikachu.
They also roughly explained the rules of Pokegolf - basically, the Pokemon partner is allowed to use their moves to affect the ball while it's still in the air. We saw Pikachu jumping up and using Iron Tail to give the ball a second hit as it flew by.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Well, there goes the "pikachu forgets iron tail" theory

dman_dustin

And Ash has gone on record saying that his favorite move is Thunderbolt, so no forgetting that move either

Well there's the fact that Thunderbolt is needed to use the special Pikachu Z-move that only Ash's Pikachu can use, so unless they completely dropped that Z-move, I don't see it losing Thunderbolt either.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I know, but the bone is too much of a golf club looking object for Dragon Tail to used instead.

To be fair, Ash will likely use Pikachu, because its not like he has other Pokemon BUT:
You are aware Professor Kukui's VA voices Lycanroc, so there's no reason to believe Lycanroc has NO chance of being used (well ignoring that it has to compete with Pikachu), but its not because of the lack of VA because there isn't one in regards to Lycanroc.
I never said Lycanroc never had a chance. I know it shares a VA with Kukui.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Geez the Turtonator jokes were funny at the start but now he has Marowak....
It's not like he's Mallow or Lillie, only having one partner to use for these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.