• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 25th: PM2019 099 - Marie from Spiketown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

So this fight should be coming down to Gigantamax Gengar vs Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.

the secondary effects of the two Gigantamax Pokémon signature G-Moves are in the case of Gengar it’s to trap the opponent while in Grimmsnarl’s case it’s to put the opponent to sleep I think in a way like the move Yawn.

Also since the battles seem to be 3vs3 I do wonder what the other 2 Pokémon she will use will be.

Of course she is confirmed to have a Morepeko but I don’t expect it to battle here. In the games she has a Liepard, Toxicroak, and a Scrafty to go along with her Grimmsnarl and Morepeko.

Of course they could always give her some Pokémon that she doesn’t have in the games.

Look what Pokémon Ash use here I don’t think he is going to use both Lucario and Pikachu here because then it’s just the same team he used against Volkner.

If I were to guess at what Pokémon besides Gengar Ash will use here maybe one of the following configurations:

Gengar
Dracovish
Sirfetch’d

or

Gengar
Pikachu/Lucario
Dracovish/Sirfetch’d

If Ash’s does wind up using Lucario here then we could see it activate and reveal it’s ability to be Justified. In the case of Sirfetch’d it could finally show off its signature move Meteor Assault here.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
When will we have a battle with ash being the local guy and someone else will be the visitor?

I know Pallet Town doesn't have a stadium, but we could have a battle anywhere in Kanto.
The closest thing for that to be possible would be against Agatha in Viridian Gym, but Ash is still an "away" trainer instead of a "home" one... Perhaps, Alain? Or Brandon since his battle facility is a roaming one...

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yay PWc<3

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Hiro Shimono is voicing Piers. Don’t know whether to joke about Dabi, Zenitsu, or his actual Pokémon roles.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
So. After the last two major PWC match, I'm somewhat skeptical whenever it comes to pacing of battle episodes. The Volkner episode had a decent first half but ended in a silly brute-force way in the second half. The Bea episode was a mess with them getting 4 Pokemon out of the way within 10 minutes just so they can overextend a battle between two regional gimmicks, on top of choking Sir Kamon in favor of Pikachu.

If this battle is indeed Gengar's big match, then there's no reason for any fall guy to exist. Ideally, all 3 Pokemon involved should get a win and a third each, with a healthy amount of rotation to set up advantages/disadvantages. Oh yeah, for the love of all that's good, no more Pikachu shilling.

Not on topic, but relevant. Are we all going to ignore the fact that we gifted Dephender some red balloons for no reason?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The big question is, is this another Bea two-parter done better(?) because Ash isn't suddenly stalling a fight for no reason or actually a single episode?

Or because Piers is involved, is this really a two-parter with two different fights?

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I'd like for Ash's two Dragons to battle along with Gengar if this is 3 vs. 3. While it would be nice for Sirfetch'd to get a win to make up for Bea we haven't seen Dragonite or Dracovish battle in the PWC since Iris. It can get the next match

I'm not saying Ash could lose the battle with Marnie but still... what if Ash loses to her like Bea?

Not on topic, but relevant. Are we all going to ignore the fact that we gifted Dephender some red balloons for no reason?
I already noticed and I changed it to "Like".

ShadowForce720

I am assuming the battles will go:

Pikachu vs. Morpeko
Lucario vs. Mawile
Gengar vs. Grimsnarl
I doubt that both Pikachu and Lucario would be used here as then it would be the exact same team as what Ash used against Volkner.

Maybe Pikachu or Lucario we’ll be one of the ones used along side Gengar in this battle but not both.

Plus I’m not sure why Marnie would have a Mawile when she is a trainer that specializes and Dark type Pokémon and doesn’t even have a Mawile in the games.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh boy, Spikem-oh, wait, we're going back to Wyndon for the fiftieth time? Yaaaaaay~

Ash uses Dracovish, Sirfetch’d, and Gengar.
Dracovish vs Morpeko: Morpeko wins
Sirfetch’d vs Morpeko: Sirfetch’d wins
Sirfetch’d vs ???: Sirfetch’d wins
Sirfetch’d vs Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl wins
GMAX Gengar vs GMAX Grimmsnarl: Gengar wins

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lucario already fought too much, Dracovish and Dragonite must participate here
Didn't stop Sunny D-roc from hogging too many important fights before the league. And this anime has never shied away from making popular Pokemon get too many fights over others.
I mean he DID appear in the single greatest Pokemon episode of all time.
Buck in Generations?

Though he did voice the greatest bastard of all time:

q91cqxxvxtb41.png

wellwellwells

I doubt that both Pikachu and Lucario would be used here as then it would be the exact same team as what Ash used against Volkner.

Maybe Pikachu or Lucario we’ll be one of the ones used along side Gengar in this battle but not both.

Plus I’m not sure why Marnie would have a Mawile when she is a trainer that specializes and Dark type Pokémon and doesn’t even have a Mawile in the games.
She has a Mawile that can mega evolve in Pokémon Masters, which is where Erika’s Leafon came from too.

Status
Not open for further replies.