• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 26th: PM2019 057 - Love is a Koduck (w/ Yuriyan Retriever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I don't think it's fair to assume everyone here knows the characters original names either. Especially when we are referring to two minor characters who barely get any significant screentime and for the most part are just there for exposition. I know people that just refer to them as "the lab assistants."

Sure. But those people are still regularly hearing those names, because those are the names used in a version they watch.

Nobody's saying you HAVE to use the original names, this is just a reminder that this is not a place where you're surrounded by people that necessarily watch the dub and know what the dub names are, so you may be confusing others by using them. Everyone here do however follow the Japanese original and get regularly exposed to the original names.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Sure. But those people are still regularly hearing those names, because those are the names used in a version they watch.

Nobody's saying you HAVE to use the original names, this is just a reminder that this is not place where you're surrounded by people that necessarily watch the dub and know what the dub names are, so you may be confusing others by using them. Everyone here do however follow the Japanese original and get regularly exposed to the original names.

Trust me I get it. You're making sense. I also think a quick Google search is also viable just as if I didn't know who Koduck is, I'd just quick search it and boom Psyduck. Not even that, Locormus asked who they were and got a response. Sometimes the english versions roll off the brain easier for English-speaking people even if they know the Japanese names. My brain knows it's Satoshi and I recognize it but my hands type out Ash. It's how some people started calling Koharu, Chloe as soon as the name was revealed. Sure, some people got confused at first but ultimately it's no big deal if someone gets confused at first by either language use.

At the end of the day it's a personal preference. I think where I had the issue was of the statement
"You're just being confusing." Like they are at some kind of fault.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Long anime series in a nutshell, main story.... then filler. main story. Filler. Main story. Filler. Cycle repeats itself. Why long running animes bother doing fillers, it's technically a complex issue to explain.

Imagine if the Psyduck is the shiny one owned by that shiny hunter in Unova.
RIP Serena valentine's day episode like that was going to happen.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Dub names of Kikuna and Renji, apparently.

Guys, please be a bit wary of just throwing around random dub names and assuming everyone knows who they are. You're just being confusing.

Honestly didn't know who Ren and Kikuna were either.. >.>

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Quackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.