• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 27: XY018 - Wake Up Snorlax! Battle in Parfum Palace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonicbro

It looks like they're in the middle of a forest though and not Parfum Palace imo. I really think that scene could fit anywhere, so I'm not convinced that it necessarily happens here.

yeah the forest is the only thing keeping me from 100% believing that. I also thought it might be a team rocket battle considering it being in a random forest, but ash bonnie and clemont look calm so it seems more like an official battle just ended.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
It looks like they're in the middle of a forest though and not Parfum Palace imo. I really think that scene could fit anywhere, so I'm not convinced that it necessarily happens here.

Well Parfum Palace is also full of gardens and is near a forest ingame just like the Palace of Versailles and it's a gigantic place. So there's a chance but we'll have to see.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It would be really cool to see Serena battle here. I would think it would be because she gets jealous of the Princess and steps into battle when she tries to get Ash to battle her.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It would be really cool to see Serena battle here. I would think it would be because she gets jealous of the Princess and steps into battle when she tries to get Ash to battle her.

So does Serena have to get jealous of every girl over Ash just to do something? I don't want to see other girls get stepped on because of Serena's insecurity over a boy she barely knows. I rather Serena battle because she wants to. Not because of someone else. Ash isn't always going to be around so Serena needs to find something that forefills her to keep continuing on.

So does Serena have to get jealous of every girl over Ash just to do something? I don't want to see other girls get stepped on because of Serena's insecurity over a boy she barely knows. I rather Serena battle because she wants to. Not because of someone else. Ash isn't always going to be around so Serena needs to find something that forefills her to keep continuing on.

Agreed. I don't like to see Serena to be used solely for shipping. I want to see her battle on her own grounds and not because of Ash. Lol

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

It's not every girl lol. Just the girls who try to force Ash to do stuff :p.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Agreed. I don't like to see Serena to be used solely for shipping. I want to see her battle on her own grounds and not because of Ash. Lol

I agree. The Parfum Palace girl can just be very shady and insult Serena or Fennekin and get Serena all hot and bothered and ready to battle/snatch the other girl's weave. Of course I still think Ash might be the best option to battle the girl's Furfrou since him winning sounds more realistic at this point imo, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It's not every girl lol. Just the girls who try to force Ash to do stuff :p.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Ash usually likes to participate in most stuff on this show anyways, so I don't see why they need to make some girls unlikeable just for Serena. I rather the girl force Serena herself to do something and then she gets frustrated and in the end, she then can decide that being involved is a good thing in the end and might actually enjoy it. That would make more of character development for her than prancing around Ash.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't see anything wrong with that. Ash usually likes to participate in most stuff on this show anyways, so I don't see why they need to make some girls unlikeable just for Serena. I rather the girl force Serena herself to do something and then she gets frustrated and in the end, she then can decide that being involved is a good thing in the end and might actually enjoy it. That would make more of character development for her than prancing around Ash.

But this girl is already unlikable. The summary made this clear. It's not just for Serena, the actual Princess is unlikable too.

Shiny pokemon lower

It could be very likely the princess could act mean around Serena and getting her mad. Mabye a rivalry around Ash or as pokemon trainers?
It's anyway time for Serena to do something important in the show. If a pokemon Battle takes place I hope it is Serena who shall Battle this time, not Ash. She should Catch her first pokemon soon too. When will that happen?

Janovy

Banned
I hope Bonnie proposes to that snobby girl to be Clemont's wife and instead of things going the usual way, she flat out refuses Clemont and insults him.

Just to shake things up a bit. Of course, I'd love to see Bonnie getting defensive as well.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm hoping this episode is more exciting then most of the past sleeping Snorlax ones
I hope Bonnie proposes to that snobby girl to be Clemont's wife and instead of things going the usual way, she flat out refuses Clemont and insults him.

Just to shake things up a bit. Of course, I'd love to see Bonnie getting defensive as well.
I would love to see that.

Lorde

She doesn't "prance around Ash." And while her getting involved here and battling the princess chick would be nice, it's not like I expect that to be great character development for her. She could easily go back to remaining in the background for the next 20 episodes after this one which would make her involvement here largely redundant imo. She needs to be active all the time, not just against the Parfum Palace girl.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I'm hoping this episode is more exciting then most of the past sleeping Snorlax ones

What was so bad about "Wake Up Snorlax!" and "The Garden of Eatin'"? They were both great episodes about Snorlax and had some great moments. Also, the first one was the only one about needing to wake up Snorlax.

I like that they usually tie in stuff relating to the games with these episodes. OS -> the Snorlax species and the Poké Flute(and that hilarious old guy) AG -> Expanded on abilities and Snorlax was making everyone else fall asleep like in FRLG. XY-> Parfum Palace and having to get the Poké Flute

Last edited:

Lorde

True, but it would be good to see her get involved more even if it doesn't help her personality much.

I agree that it would be good for her, but I don't think it's completely necessary. If the Parfum Palace princess manages to be a snarky character like her image implies, then that should be enough to make this episode enjoyable to me personally. I'm pretty much tired of Snorlax sub plots, so the COTD is the only possible redeeming factor to me at the moment until we get more info on this episode.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

That's a great idea. Let's not make Serena the only one to run the shipping pairings in this show!:D Go Bonnie!

Status
Not open for further replies.