• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 27: XY018 - Wake Up Snorlax! Battle in Parfum Palace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Hopefully that Serena catches a new pokemon within this episode and a bit more of Amourshipping shots. Its all due to Serena's canon crushing on Ash.

Squirtle_007

Yay, Ash will battle here ... again ... and using Pikachu ... again (¬_¬) why won't he just travel alone? it has been almost 6 months and his compannions has been treated like background material.

*sigh* Well, on another note, that king reminds me to the Super Mario Bros. 3 kings you had to rescue at the end of the worlds, let's see how Team Rocket ruins an already uninteresting plot

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Yay, Ash will battle here ... again ... and using Pikachu ... again (¬_¬) why won't he just travel alone? it has been almost 6 months and his compannions has been treated like background material.

What are you talking about? Clemont and Bonnie have got a lot of focus in the past episodes and Serena is starting to get a better spotlight. I really don't see that much to complain about when XY just started.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hopefully that Serena catches a new pokemon within this episode

What Pokemon would she catch? The only wild one here is Snorlax and it's unlikely that it would be caught. Anyway, I'm not surprised that Serena isn't even involved in this episode; I did predict that she wouldn't be even though everyone else was so sure that she'd be battling the princess. Oh well. The princess at least looks funny and so does the king guy.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Not sure what to make of this episode. I knew Serena wasn't battling here. The writers are not good to her like that. Clemont just had a battle with Chespin two or three episodes ago, Bonnie can't battle. So logically it falls down to Ash... *heavy sigh*. Somebody wake me up when we're at the Malamar episode. I wasn't terribly interested in this episode to begin with. Snorlax is a Pokemon I've seen several times. My only interest is to see Clemont and the girls reaction of seeing a Snorlax, since they've probably never dealt with one. That and I would still enjoy seeing Bonnie jump on Snorlax. That would make this worth the watch.

Lorde

It seems like that Furfrou is using Charge Beam to counter Electro Ball

Well at least the princess seems to know what she's going. And her Furfrou looks gorgeous to be honest. Also, what attack was Snorlax using in the preview? Hyper Beam?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Well at least the princess seems to know what she's going. And her Furfrou looks gorgeous to be honest. Also, what attack was Snorlax using in the preview? Hyper Beam?

somebody i think just said snore? i don't know I'm totally confused t_t

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Hopefully that Serena catches a new pokemon within this episode and a bit more of Amourshipping shots. Its all due to Serena's canon crushing on Ash.
I can see of the possibility of an Amourshipping moment happening here since there's the fireworks show at Parfume Palace in the games, but I don't see anything here that would remotely hint to Serena catching a pokémon

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

*sigh* Well, on another note, that king reminds me to the Super Mario Bros. 3 kings you had to rescue at the end of the worlds, let's see how Team Rocket ruins an already uninteresting plot

The last time Pikachu even properly battled was in the Gym Battle, Froakie has been the main contender in all of Ash's past three battles so what are you complaining about?

And Clemont and Bonnie have been getting a lot of focus for a while now. Hell 5 of the 17 episodes that have aired so far were dedicated to Clemont and Bonnie, as well as 3 being based around Serena, and the only 8 have been dedicated to Ash. That's 16 episodes. 16 episodes dedicated to each member of the cast. I don't understand how you think the Blonde Squad have been treated as background material when they've been surprisingly developed in the first 20 episodes compared to previous groups.

KKS-Lapras

The last time Pikachu even properly battled was in the Gym Battle, Froakie has been the main contender in all of Ash's past three battles so what are you complaining about?

And Clemont and Bonnie have been getting a lot of focus for a while now. Hell 5 of the 17 episodes that have aired so far were dedicated to Clemont and Bonnie, as well as 3 being based around Serena, and the only 8 have been dedicated to Ash. That's 16 episodes. 16 episodes dedicated to each member of the cast. I don't understand how you think the Blonde Squad have been treated as background material when they've been surprisingly developed in the first 20 episodes compared to previous groups.

Ad to those facts that regardless what people like to believe, Ash is the main character, period, so if he does go through more screen-time and development, that's the reason. Things have actually been more balanced, as you pointed out, but alas, some won't be happy until episodes rotate in 4's on each of the main characters, with each getting exactly equal treatment, which is not only unrealistic, because even in real life not everyone in a group of friends gets equal attention, but it's also not sensible, not when the show does have one character that like or not supersedes the others in many regards.

BlueDragonfangirl

Not sure what to make of this episode. I knew Serena wasn't battling here. The writers are not good to her like that. Clemont just had a battle with Chespin two or three episodes ago, Bonnie can't battle. So logically it falls down to Ash... *heavy sigh*. Somebody wake me up when we're at the Malamar episode. I wasn't terribly interested in this episode to begin with. Snorlax is a Pokemon I've seen several times. My only interest is to see Clemont and the girls reaction of seeing a Snorlax, since they've probably never dealt with one. That and I would still enjoy seeing Bonnie jump on Snorlax. That would make this worth the watch.

Why is that Malamar be any different? If you saw the preview for that it looks like another Ash / Team Rocket team up episode V.S evil.

Honestly, some of you won't be happy till Ash gets replaced. The others have gotten just as much time, I was sad we haven't had an Ash episode for a while as it is, thanks :/

Though, it'd be funny if this girl wanted Ash instead of Pikachu at the end of the episode LOL. It looks ok...

Lorde

somebody i think just said snore? i don't know I'm totally confused t_t

Really? I had assumed that Snore was what Snorlax was using while asleep, but the beam of energy seemed like Hyper Beam or some other beam-like attack. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Anyway, looks like Snorlax becomes really grumpy when it wakes up; that explains the rampage scene from one of the previous scans.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Huh, the preview kind of changed my mind on this episode. The special condition being Pikachu at least makes the whole thing different from the Sylveon episode.

The designs are interesting, to say the least. King Shabboneau just looks weird, but the princess's design kind of works. I think it's the eyes. Shabboneau sort of reminds me of the judge from the Croagunk Festival episode for some reason.

I like that not only are we getting to see a Furfrou fight, but it's in one of its trims instead of its regular appearance. If that turns out to be typical of its appearances in the future, it helps keep them from getting dull.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I think the Princess and Ash interacting will be funny. It's odd to see Ash bet Pikachu on a battle though, but Pikachu will probably make that decision.

I watched the preview this morning, so it isn't the freshest thing on my mind, but I'm pretty sure Snorlax used Hyper Beam as I believe it was the same animation that was used when Garchomp used the attack back in Lumiose City Pursuit!

dman_dustin

I know Fletchling had no choice, but Froakie did, so the fact that this is Pikachu centric is going to make me skip it, I will look at the pictures like I always do, but this is an episode I will skip.

The fact that neither Froakie or Fletchling or any of the group's Pokemon bar Pikachu and Dedenne, makes this episode fall under the category of I could not possibly give a crap.

I hate episodes like this, it's called Pokemon, not use the least amount of Pokemon belonging to the main cast, just because the animators are too lazy show.

Honestly, I would rather have an episode revolving around Fletchling than Snorlax, Furfrou, etc, etc. Especially with the Malamar episode following this, and likely only Pikachu shows up and Dedenne.

Very, VERY, VERY few episodes have ever been "good" when it revolved around as little Pokemon as possible.

Sure Froakie COULD show up, but I'd fail to see the point, since it's Pikachu centric.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I know Fletchling had no choice, but Froakie did, so the fact that this is Pikachu centric is going to make me skip it, I will look at the pictures like I always do, but this is an episode I will skip.

The fact that neither Froakie or Fletchling or any of the group's Pokemon bar Pikachu and Dedenne, makes this episode fall under the category of I could not possibly give a crap.

I hate episodes like this, it's called Pokemon, not use the least amount of Pokemon belonging to the main cast, just because the animators are too lazy show.

Honestly, I would rather have an episode revolving around Fletchling than Snorlax, Furfrou, etc, etc. Especially with the Malamar episode following this, and likely only Pikachu shows up and Dedenne.

Very, VERY, VERY few episodes have ever been "good" when it revolved around as little Pokemon as possible.

Sure Froakie COULD show up, but I'd fail to see the point, since it's Pikachu centric.

Yada Yada Yada too much Pikachu etc.. And Pikachu's the franchise mascot. And considering Froakie's been getting the exposure recently you expect Pikachu not to star again? Those guys will have their moments to shine and have already got good exposure. This too "Pikachu centric" stuff is starting to get annoying.

Yada Yada Yada too much Pikachu etc.. And Pikachu's the franchise mascot. And considering Froakie's been getting the exposure recently you expect Pikachu not to star again? Those guys will have their moments to shine and have already got good exposure. This too "Pikachu centric" stuff is starting to get annoying.

Seriously though. If clefairy was the franchise mascot like it was originally supposed to be, it would be getting the same treatment as pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.