• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 27: XY018 - Wake Up Snorlax! Battle in Parfum Palace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
XY is not the serena show. And she really has no reason to battle here over Ash if it does come down to it. Besides the latter needs to train for his next gym and quick attack isn't gonna cut it.

Who says Serena having her first battle will instantly make this "the Serena show"? It's always been "the Ash show" ever since the anime started, and there's no doubt the writers are willing to change that in the long term. There's a high chance of this saga having 100+ episodes just like the previous sagas, and this gives Ash (and every other MC for that matter), to have at least a couple of episodes to themselves. Just like Valoo. said, Serena battling for once won't hurt this saga.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
XY is not the serena show. And she really has no reason to battle here over Ash if it does come down to it. Besides the latter needs to train for his next gym and quick attack isn't gonna cut it.

So 1 potential Serena battle turns it into the Serena show? Ash is the MC and should get the most exposure but the other characters also need to do stuff too and have their own moments to shine.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I honestly don't care who battles anymore. I just want the COTD to be really rude and snobby so that Ash and friends get really hot and bothered over her spitefulness. That's about all I can look forward to at this point, aside from the potential fireworks scene which I still hope happens.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I honestly don't care who battles anymore. I just want the COTD to be really rude and snobby so that Ash and friends get really hot and bothered over her spitefulness. That's about all I can look forward to at this point, aside from the potential fireworks scene which I still hope happens.

Why am I not surprised you want the COtD to be rude and snobby ? :p
Honestly, I'm not expecting the firework scene. What would it be ? Arrival in Camphrier Town, they go get the flute at the Parfume Palace, they come back in Camphrier to wake up Snorlax and return at the palace for the fire works ? Or they arrive in Camphrier, get the flute in the palace, they see the fireworks while the townsfolk are suffering from Snorlax's snores and then they wake it up ? That'd sound silly.

Lorde

I just want an interesting character and it just seems to me that the most entertaining, original characters in the Pokemon anime are antagonist characters with bad personalities. I can't help it if I'm attracted to mean characters tbh, and the COTD in this episode looks like the kind who might be really prissy and shady. I hope her Furfrou is the same way.~

I just want an interesting character and it just seems to me that the most entertaining, original characters in the Pokemon anime are antagonist characters with bad personalities. I can't help it if I'm attracted to mean characters tbh, and the COTD in this episode looks like the kind who might be really prissy and shady. I hope her Furfrou is the same way.~

I agree with you here. A good example of this, in my opinion, was the dojo trainer at the end of Da! that came all the way to the islands just to beat Cilan. I really liked her character, and I can see myself liking this CotD as well. I'd love to see a snobby Furfrou as we've already had a more mild one in Grooming Furfrou! The fireworks would be... interesting.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I wonder what serena's goal will actually be. im actually starting to enjoy the mystery behind it. not that its actually mysterious, its just that i really have no idea what her goal will be but the fact that the writers evdn brought it up within the characters themselves makes me believe that they definitely have something planned for her.

Lorde

I agree with you here. A good example of this, in my opinion, was the dojo trainer at the end of Da! that came all the way to the islands just to beat Cilan. I really liked her character, and I can see myself liking this CotD as well. I'd love to see a snobby Furfrou as we've already had a more mild one in Grooming Furfrou! The fireworks would be... interesting.

Antagonist characters make the anime go 'round to be honest. I hope this COTD girl really has an attitude that'll bother everyone and even though I know that she'll have to be beaten in order for Ash and his friends to get the Poke Flute, I'm hoping that she remains bitter until the very end and doesn't give up the Poke Flute that easily. I'd love for her to just escape with the Poke Flute and for Ash and friends to have to chase her just like we have to chase Furfrou around in the games. :p

I wonder what serena's goal will actually be. im actually starting to enjoy the mystery behind it. not that its actually mysterious, its just that i really have no idea what her goal will be but the fact that the writers evdn brought it up within the characters themselves makes me believe that they definitely have something planned for her.

With what you're saying in your post, I have to say that this is off-topic, since there's no doubt this episode will have nothing to do with Serena. It's just about the main group trying to get a Poke Flute so they could solve a dilemma regarding a Snorlax's heavy snoring. There's nothing yet to imply a new hint for what Serena could be professionally interested in.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
With what you're saying in your post, I have to say that this is off-topic, since there's no doubt this episode will have nothing to do with Serena. It's just about the main group trying to get a Poke Flute so they could solve a dilemma regarding a Snorlax's heavy snoring. There's nothing yet to imply a new hint for what Serena could be professionally interested in.

OOPS you're right im sorry. idk why i thought this was the xy character thread.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
Honestly, I'm not expecting the firework scene. What would it be ? Arrival in Camphrier Town, they go get the flute at the Parfume Palace, they come back in Camphrier to wake up Snorlax and return at the palace for the fire works ? Or they arrive in Camphrier, get the flute in the palace, they see the fireworks while the townsfolk are suffering from Snorlax's snores and then they wake it up ? That'd sound silly.

No offense but if I had played my X game correctly, this is the time where Shauna shows up and helps me catch a poodle so that I can get a poke'flute to move a sleeping Snorlax off of the damn bridge. I don't and I'm sure there isn't any reason for a rude and snobby character to show up just for a damn poke'flute? If the person is going to be Ash's permenate rival throughout Kalos, then sure. If not, then don't waist my time.

Lorde

No offense but if I had played my X game correctly, this is the time where Shauna shows up and helps me catch a poodle so that I can get a poke'flute to move a sleeping Snorlax off of the damn bridge. I don't and I'm sure there isn't any reason for a rude and snobby character to show up just for a damn poke'flute? If the person is going to be Ash's permenate rival throughout Kalos, then sure. If not, then don't waist my time.

So COTDs shouldn't have dynamic personalities? Because we've seen several that have; that girl from DA who challenged Cilan and his brothers was ruthless and probably one of the best characters from that arc. The Parfum Palace girl looked kind of haughty in the scan that we previously got, so I'm assuming that she'll be like that in the episode itself and it wouldn't bother me. :x

So COTDs shouldn't have dynamic personalities? Because we've seen several that have; that girl from DA who challenged Cilan and his brothers was ruthless and probably one of the best characters from that arc. The Parfum Palace girl looked kind of haughty in the scan that we previously got, so I'm assuming that she'll be like that in the episode itself and it wouldn't bother me. :x

Agreed. I'd rather have them with memorable personalities like Drago rather than dull ones that you'd forgot about them the following episode.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I don't and I'm sure there isn't any reason for a rude and snobby character to show up just for a damn poke'flute?

The baron or whatever he was you get the flute from in the game was pretty rude and snobby. This girl seems to be filling his role. Might even be his daughter.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Agreed. I'd rather have them with memorable personalities like Drago rather than dull ones that you'd forgot about them the following episode.

There are ways for interesting personalities than for them being jerks. If that person was to just show up for one episode, it really doesn't matter unless they were to show up again. I rather a more better reason for a character to be mean rather than looking for a pokeflute. I'm pretty sure that when we get to the battle mansion and the other stuff, that there will be plenty of snobs to last a life time.

Lorde

There are ways for interesting personalities than for them being jerks. If that person was to just show up for one episode, it really doesn't matter unless they were to show up again. I rather a more better reason for a character to be mean rather than looking for a pokeflute. I'm pretty sure that when we get to the battle mansion and the other stuff, that there will be plenty of snobs to last a life time.

You mean Battle Maison? There's no guarantee that the facility will even appear in the anime, so I'm not getting my hopes up for that. Regardless, what's so bad about the Parfum Palace girl being snobby? It makes sense that she'd act like that given her upbringing. It's pretty obvious that she comes from a wealthy family and was probably pampered her whole life. She could be snobby just to make Ash and friends' mission more intense. I see nothing wrong with COTD's having dynamic personalities. Heck, maybe if all of them did, fillers would be more enjoyable.

To be honest, I was using Drago as an example because she had a dynamic, memorable personality in my opinion. They could be competitive like Marina, or nice like Joe. Doesn't really matter to me. :/

I guess you've got a point. But I barely remember who Drago even was.

It's all an opinion thing. Different personalities and characters will appeal to different people. I for one was a fan of Drago and liked her. You on the other hand may like a CotD that I wasn't a fan of. I do hope that our CotD in this episode does indeed turn out to be snobby and more pessimistic; she'll be interesting.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I don't even care about the episode that much, i just want that fireworks scene to happen.

If it were to happen.. Oh god. I wouldn't be able to contain myself. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.