• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 2nd: PM2019 011: Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
since no one excepted ash to catch dragonite should we except the unexpected for genera since go is wasting his poke balls again like he did for dewgong

Considering that unlike the previous episode this one is more about Koharu than Satoshi or Gou, I'd figure that Satoshi's odds of capturing Gangar are slim. I also don't think that he'd catch another Pokemon immediately after Kairyu: he's not Gou after all.

Master Pikachu 11

Considering that unlike the previous episode this one is more about Koharu than Satoshi or Gou, I'd figure that Satoshi's odds of capturing Gangar are slim. I also don't think that he'd catch another Pokemon immediately after Kairyu: he's not Gou after all.
He did capture the gen one starters in three episodes in a row and he captured caterpie and Pidgeoto in the same episode so it is possible but you are probably right since this episode is about Koharu, so maybe she catches it or no one does.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't see it.
Ash battling it doesn't mean he's going to catch it, Go just thinks he can solve all his problems with catching the Pokemon.

World Turtle

Has it come to this.

Each and every episode preview thread, we'll all be paranoid of Ash catching something over Go's lucky Critical Capture sprees.

Yes.

Honestly, I think the Dragonite episode might have helped us figure out what episodes Ash will catch something over Gou. If the Pokemon is wild and the focus of the episode the odds favorAsh getting it because spending the episode bonding with a pokemon is Ash's thing. Gou just throws the ball at it.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
I don't see it.
Ash battling it doesn't mean he's going to catch it, Go just thinks he can solve all his problems with catching the Pokemon.

I think it's kind of amusing that Gou will try to solve the issue of Gangar causing mischief by capturing it. In theory that should work, but the preview made him look too naive since he was just throwing the Monster Balls with no finesse.

dman_dustin

Has it come to this.

Each and every episode preview thread, we'll all be paranoid of Ash catching something over Go's lucky Critical Capture sprees.

Well it doesn't help that the preview explicitly mentions them having a contest over it. Not that I expect it though, I think that one will be for Koharu unless it has nothing to do with her primarily.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Looks like Ash and Gou will compete against each to capture Gengar first based on voice over in the preview. But I'm guessing that neither one will win.

The fact they are saying it's a competition pretty much means the gag will be neither get it

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
The fact they are saying it's a competition pretty much means the gag will be neither get it

Yeah, it would be fitting. However, back in the day, Ash and Misty compited for who would capture/get Totodile. I know it's unlikely, but I still wish for Ash to capture it.
+ It would compensate for Ash's unofficial Haunter.
+ It will finally give Ash an official Ghost Type, so Ash will have capture ALL Types.
+ Gengar is one of the most popular Pokemon, so it's fitting for the main character to capture one.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Yeah, it would be fitting. However, back in the day, Ash and Misty compited for who would capture/get Totodile. I know it's unlikely, but I still wish for Ash to capture it.
+ It will finally give Ash an official Ghost Type, so Ash will have capture ALL Types.
+ Gengar is one of the most popular Pokemon, so it's fitting for the main character to capture one.
As much as I would like Ash to capture Gengar, I want it to be the same Gengar evolved from the Haunter Ash befriended!

Red and Blue

Well if they pull a Totodile with Ash and Go then Gengar would go to Ash since Go wouldnt stand a chance in a battle

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ash is obviously getting the Gengar because it’s the Haunter from OS who got bored of Sabrina

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:

I don't quite understand the whole "official Ghost-type" reasoning given that Satoshi owning a Ghost-type wouldn't change anything or affect his performance as a trainer in any way, and besides there are dozens of other Ghost-type species out there for him to get if he even needs one to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.