• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 2nd: PM2019 011: Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Oh shoot I just realized Scorbunny will be totally useless against Gengar since Ghost is immune to Fighting and Normal. Would be a good time to finally learn a Fire move

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't quite understand the whole "official Ghost-type" reasoning given that Satoshi owning a Ghost-type wouldn't change anything or affect his performance as a trainer in any way, and besides there are dozens of other Ghost-type species out there for him to get if he even needs one to begin with.

It's because Ash never had a Ghost type on his team, it's something new and exciting over say just another regular Flying/Water/Grass/Fire/Fighting/etc that he already has a few of.
And it gives him more coverage as well, finally owning a Ghost type.

Though Kotaru's likely getting this one with how things are set up

Honestly, I dont like Gengar because each Gengar has the same personality

*Piplup :p

Red and Blue

You don't have to worry, chances are high Go won't even use Scorbunny to catch this Pokemon. :rolleyes:
Yeah but unlike Go's other captures Gengar is actively putting up a fight and attacking them. Scorbunny's gotta fight back and defend its trainer

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
It's because Ash never had a Ghost type on his team, it's something new and exciting over say just another regular Flying/Water/Grass/Fire/Fighting/etc that he already has a few of.
And it gives him more coverage as well, finally owning a Ghost type.

It's hard to take the "more coverage" justification at face value when Satoshi has already accomplished so much without having coverage for every single type in previous sagas. So forgive me for not taking that rather questionable logic seriously with regards to him possibly getting a Gangar here.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, I dont like Gengar because each Gengar has the same personality

I don't like Gengar as well. Such an overrated pokémon. Really don't see the appeal of it.

You don't have to worry, chances are high Go won't even use Scorbunny to try catching this Pokemon. :rolleyes:

Scorbunny is a glorified pet to the point even Snowy would be intrigued lol

JoaquinLorie

Honestly after the Dragonite episode, it is obvious Gou wont be catching powerhouse pokemon, he cant battle and he just throws infinite pokeballs.

Por this episode i think its highly likely Ash catches a Gengar, he might he the only one to beat it in battle.

This is a Koharu-focused episode, but i dont think her Wanpachi can do much.

Lastly, the scene order of the preview makes it look as if Koharu's dog is defending her but i think it happens earlier in the episode while Ash battling Gengar will happen towards the end od the episode.

So the order might be as follows:
1. Koharu, Wanpachi and Gengar encounter + interactions. Also the lab scientist
2. Ash and Go find out about Gengar and have a catching competition.
3. Gou throws a billion pokeballs and fails to catch Gengar.
4. Ash battles Gengar and beats it, then catches it (since Ash agreed to the catching competition)
5. ALTERNATE: Koharu's Wanpachi actually battles and defeats it, befriends Gengar? Idk, foe me this scenario with a novice like her seems to unlikely, and to give her a Gengar too would be such a waste.

game3524

I don't see Ash or Go catching Gengar. I think the whole plot of the episode will be the boys having their competition to catch it (both fail to do so) and gag at the end will be Gengar takes a liking to Koharu and becomes attach to her.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't see Ash or Go catching Gengar. I think the whole plot of the episode will be the boys having their competition to catch it (both fail to do so) and gag at the end will be Gengar takes a liking to Koharu and becomes attach to her.
Only have her continue to be annoyed with it as it continues perpetuating the stereotype her friends have assigned her.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I feel like this episode will just have Koharu grow a bit more fond of Yamper after he protects her and start to befriend Gengar, hence the sometimes. Don't think anybody will be catching it at least not yet.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Your right as we see him throwing a bunch of pokeballs at it. I would laugh if he ran out poke balls again, just to show that he needs to use Scorbunny some more to help him capture some Pokémon.
I honestly wonder if the writers are aware that Scorbunny is right there but instead they just have Go throwing Pokeballs and failing. I mean why

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
Your right as we see him throwing a bunch of pokeballs at it. I would laugh if he ran out poke balls again, just to show that he needs to use Scorbunny some more to help him capture some Pokémon.

I like the idea of him running out of usable Monster Balls in this episode, because at least in this case it would suit him right for being so reckless about where he's throwing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.