• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 3rd: MPM04 - Tunbear's Sigh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
As Satoshi, Pikachu and the others continue their journey, they visit a mountain in order to witness a "Koiking waterfall climb", which is said to be an extremely rare sight. There, they meet a Tunbear that freezes everything around it with its mighty ice powers, which makes Satoshi really excited. However, something seems to be troubling this Tunbear...?

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 興満録助 (Rokusuke Okimitsu)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)

--------

Kunihiko Yuyama's commentary:
"This episode focuses on the heart of this series' theme, 'In what ways does Satoshi empathize with Pokémon?'. By the way, Tunbear is super cute, don't you think? You felt so bad for it. And it was imitating the little Mijumaru and making a Scallsword (laughs). This episode truly makes you realize how nice Satoshi really is."

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok this is the first one that actually seems like a fillerish lol.

diakyu

There's really no telling what this could be about without a summary. I can think of multiple ideas that would fit the theme of these last eleven eps but I like the idea that this might involve Iris in some way

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Sure, but I honestly doubt it. Each episode seems to focus around an old Pokemon/companion
Yeah. They have 11 episodes only, they can't afford to have any random fillers. Especially when this is written by Tomioka, who, judging by Bulbapedia, doesn't seem to have written any filler episodes in Journeys? I may be mistaken though.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hopefully this is about Iris and Langley otherwise a Beartic is pretty random.

Why are you guys talking about fillers in an 11 episode series? there has to be something relevant happening every episode (or at least it should).

diakyu

Maybe it's just a filler, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
There's really no reason to think it is imo. What's the point of the specific numbered eleven episodes if it's gonna have filler? You would just cut the episode count down if so. Not to mention Tomioka on the screenplay.

RetroPokeFan

Yeah. They have 11 episodes only, they can't afford to have any random fillers. Especially when this is written by Tomioka, who, judging by Bulbapedia, doesn't seem to have written any filler episodes in Journeys? I may be mistaken though.
Pretty sure Tomioka did do at least one filler episode before the whole PWC/WCS stuff started which was the Unova ruins episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.