• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 3rd: MPM04 - Tunbear's Sigh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Other than that little moment in the Manaphy movie where Ash personally stuffed her away from conflict because he had to be the hero, oh yeah.
Don't forget the fact that they traveled in a four man group including a smaller child, Bonnie shamelessly stealing Brock's gag and the list goes on. I'm surprised a lot of people don't a lot about how those two series are extremely similar. The only difference is May actually laid down the law with Max

Lelouch-Red

Don't forget the fact that they traveled in a four man group including a smaller child, Bonnie shamelessly stealing Brock's gag and the list goes on. I'm surprised a lot of people don't a lot about how those two series are extremely similar. The only difference is May actually laid down the law with Max
Just the premise is similar.

Max was a little Pokemon nerd who only complained. I just remembered now how annoying he was.

Bonnie on the other hand, was a lovable child.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The RS team was the XY team but better (I don't mean they shared too many similarities because they did not, sans Max and Bonnie). Problem is, Max was the flaw in the RS team while Serena and Clemont were the flaws in the XY team over freaking Bonnie (whom I personally didn't like anyway).

Aaanyhow, please Loserwott, don't suck in front of Misty.

Last edited:

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Prediction for today episode

- Will Beartic be caught or nothing happen
- Any new attacks from Ash team

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
And they are not wrong, XY and AG Hoenn have A LOT of similarities
Not helped by the fact that Gen 6 also contained the Gen 3 remakes.

Cilan was a weirdo. Replaced love for women for a lot of strange hobbies.
That's a very ableist comment...

Prediction for today episode

- Will Beartic be caught or nothing happen
- Any new attacks from Ash team
I predict an enjoyable episode.

But unlike BW vs OS, in fact XY was better than AG.
I like the AG team, but a series where Ash had no rivals, with boring episodes, repetitive and boring gym leaders (Korrina, Clemont, Wulfric and the seventh leader they were a thousand times better than any AG leader), with poorly done contests where May was helped, with Max doing nothing and with villains that are a complete joke ... Yeah, XY is better than AG in many ways. BF was "good" (RESERVES FIGTHING!) but Kanto didn't even feel like Kanto and there were Johto Filler level episodes

The only reason Hoenn is better than SM on my list is because Lillie appears there , If Lillie were in AG it would probably win the spot as the worst Pokemon series. [Naah Just Kidd]

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I like the AG team, but a series where Ash had no rivals, with boring episodes, repetitive and boring gym leaders (Korrina, Clemont, Wulfric and the seventh leader they were a thousand times better than any AG leader), with poorly done contests where May was helped, with Max doing nothing and with villains that are a complete joke ... Yeah, XY is better than AG in many ways
At least they both had Blaziken

At least they both had Blaziken
I just hope someone in Gen 9 has a Blaziken that fights , for over 21 years (Johto, 2002), we haven't had a proper Blaziken :( ... I mean, May's Blaziken and Meyer's exist, but the first one was more important as Combusken (same case as Torracat) and the second one was cool but that's all.

I can't believe that in M8 we had two Charizards and a bunch of goofy Dragonites

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I just hope someone in Gen 9 has a Blaziken that fights , for over 21 years (Johto, 2002), we haven't had a proper Blaziken :( ... I mean, May's Blaziken and Meyer's exist, but the first one was more important as Combusken (same case as Torracat) and the second one was cool but that's all.

I can't believe that in M8 we had two Charizards and a bunch of goofy Dragonites
I remember when XY was airing and people were speculating that Meyer would give Clemont a Torchic Egg. That would've been cool. Hope we see more of it too it doesn't get as much screentime as it should.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't get how people are hating Oshawott
People here are DEVOID of taste :p
Okay, let me tell you the actual energy rather than making it up for me just for the sake of disliking said "energy":

Iris kept losing a lot after she finally got through Dragonite. She was meant to be a Gym Leader but the writers chose not to, but it doesn't help she got on Ash's nerves as much as Misty did (except it was much more hypocritical coming from Iris and Ash was made dumber for the snark to work).

Cilan was a weirdo. Replaced love for women for a lot of strange hobbies. He's a cook and had a similar on-and-off goal like Brock did, until his main goal became more of a hobby because he may have as been been the only top connoisseur we knew and we haven't seen a smidge about him getting better or worse for it (unlike how Brock learned about berries and whatnot as his adventure went on).

I wasn't talking about Trip mistreating his Pokemon at all. It was just the fact it was another jerk rival, except Ash had far less personal business with Trip than with Paul, and then the story just pushes Trip off anti-climatically because it turned out he wasn't such a big deal. Notice that, ever since Johto, Ash didn't have another rival until Paul in DP and Trip in BW, and those two came off one after another (rather than making another jerk rival in Hoenn) so all the starting regional rivals he had were jerks to him until the writers phased them out completely (probably because they wanted everyone to be BFFs). Alain was more than ready to be another jerk, but...yeah, he liked Ash a little too fast and too late.

Both Piplup and Oshawott are young Water-types joining the main team from the start craving for attention and screwing up for it, except Oshawott was far worse at it.

All of these are trying to replicate something we've already seen, but they all just...didn't cut it during BW (for me). Who knows, maybe this is the reason the writers made so many drastic changes to the following companions thinking they learned their lesson (only they made more mistakes like freaking Lana's dream).

Also, I never said they were clones but just very similar.
I LOVE how while reading this it's pretty clear you reached a point where you realised the surface level similarities were over and there isn't actually much in terms of them being clones so you had to make up stuff along the way
Just the premise is similar.
And here you are so close to understanding the Crux of this whole BW clone argument

Status
Not open for further replies.