• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 3rd: SM107 - Run, Kaki! Surpass Yourself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's said that the guardian deity of Poni Island, Kapu-Rehire, shows itself at the Ruins of Nirvana, a sacred area on the island. As one would expect, Satoshi attracts Kapu-Rehire's anger when he battles his classmate Kaki on this holy ground. Satoshi ends up captured, and in order to have him released, Kaki has to run off and bring back scales from Akala's guardian deity Kapu-Tetefu within a strict time limit.

--

Satoshi and Kaki want to meet the guardian deity of Poni Island, Kapu-Rehire, so they have a battle at the Ruins of Nirvana. However, them battling on this holy ground ends up angering Kapu-Rehire, and it ends up capturing Satoshi. To save Satoshi, Kaki has to bring scales from Kapu-Tetefu to Kapu-Rehire's within a time limit. What will become of Satoshi and Kaki?

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Okay...what? Does Tapu Fini catch Ash or does it get another Pokemon? Either way, this sounds weird but fun. I can't wait.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Wow Ash sure is running into a lot of **** on Poni Island. First getting accused by Hapu, and now getting captured by Tapu Fini. And while the summary makes it sound like a fun and weird episode, the fact that Yonemura, Asada and Iwane are in the staff list indicates that it'll be a very important episode.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
So no potential capture upto episode 108, are they going to complete ash's team or not.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Why would it be angry when Ash did two Grand Trials on a ruin? I guess because it's not a trial, it's angry?

Either way, this could be interesting. Everyone's getting some focus, with the possible exception of Mallow, but we'll have to see the rest of the episode titles before finding that out.

Shotgunrain

Sounds like a filler to me, but I don't mind as SM104-106 will be pretty plot-heavy. Are they really just going to ignore Mallow again? It's ridiculous how the writers just don't have any idea of what to do with her character.

playerking

Why would it be angry when Ash did two Grand Trials on a ruin? I guess because it's not a trial, it's angry?
I see what you mean. I guess it sees trials as important as the Kahuna's pray before they battle and there's an important outcome if the challenger wins, but two guys just messing around and battling on it might seem disrespectful to it.

lolipiece

Staff member
Sounds like a filler to me, but I don't mind as SM104-106 will be pretty plot-heavy. Are they really just going to ignore Mallow again? It's ridiculous how the writers just don't have any idea of what to do with her character.

We don't know how long Poni will last. We don't even have the Grand Trial episode. And no summary for next episode, either, so that could be her focus.

And there's still the issue of when and where Shaymin and Meltan are appearing.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I see what you mean. I guess it sees trials as important as the Kahuna's pray before they battle and there's an important outcome if the challenger wins, but two guys just messing around and battling on it might seem disrespectful to it.

This most likely. Combined with its pokédex entry from Ultra Moon "Although it’s called a guardian deity, terrible calamities sometimes befall those who recklessly approach Tapu Fini."

Remix2

Not surprised that mallow is shafted again, it like the writer realized that mallow is about a interesting as dry wood so they don’t bother developing her anymore.

DatsRight

Why am I expecting comedy from Ash being stuck in Tapu Fini's clam shell?

At least Kiawe gets his fourth limelight episode.

If there's one downside to the less spotlighted companions it's that they tend to revolve on less personal development like 'stop a bad guy' or 'Ash got worfed, step in'. It's very strange that Kaiwe and Mallow have the least limelight on actual agendas given they're the ones that are fully employed (granted it's only noticeable for Kiawe because as mentioned, only four freaking episodes).

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
Episode 22: Ash and Kiawe have a battle. Ash angers a Pokemon by doing something (stupid) to agrivate it. Said Pokemon takes him hostage. Kiawe (and classmates) have to save him.

Episode 107: Ash and Kiawe have a battle. Ash angers a Pokemon by doing something to agrivate it. Said Pokemon takes him hostage. Kiawe has to save him on a time limit.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Remix2

Episode 22: Ash and Kiawe have a battle. Ash angers a Pokemon by doing something (stupid) to agrivate it. Said Pokemon takes him hostage. Kiawe (and classmates) have to save him.

Episode 107: Ash and Kiawe have a battle. Ash angers a Pokemon by doing something to agrivate it. Said Pokemon takes him hostage. Kiawe has to save him on a time limit.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Man sm really have a bad habit on repeating themselves don’t they.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
We don't know how long Poni will last. We don't even have the Grand Trial episode. And no summary for next episode, either, so that could be her focus.

And there's still the issue of when and where Shaymin and Meltan are appearing.
Maybe Mallow is gonna have an episode with Shaymin.

lolipiece

Staff member

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

The only similarities we know of so far is the premise, and that's not enough to call it a repeat.

Maybe Mallow is gonna have an episode with Shaymin.

I was expecting Lillie, but I guess if everyone's getting some focus here, that'd make sense.

DatsRight

A problem is that most of the cast in earlier series were usually nearly equal in abilities as Ash by this time so they could take a role in the action scenes more easily without being outshone. In SM everyone is more stagnant, so they rely a bit too much on Ash being taken out or screwing up to get to look remarkable. I suppose it beats relying on dumbing down the challenges like using Team Rocket all the time though.

playerking

Yeah, but Ash ended up saving himself in SM022, after the help of all of his classmates.

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
I never meant to come across as the episode being repetitive, I was just noting the similarities from what the summary has told us and how episode 22 panned out.

I actually am looking forwards to this episode. Kiawe has to get scales from Tapu Lele, who he needs to convince to help him. This could be used to prove himself to the Tapus, and develop Kiawe considering how his grandfather was the Island Kahuna chosen by Tapu Lele.

Status
Not open for further replies.