• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 3rd: SM107 - Run, Kaki! Surpass Yourself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary:

Satoshi and Kaki want to meet the guardian deity of Poni Island, Kapu-Rehire, so they have a battle at the Ruins of Hope. However, them battling on this holy ground ends up angering Kapu-Rehire, and it ends up capturing Satoshi. To save Satoshi, Kaki has to bring scales from Kapu-Tetefu to Kapu-Rehire's within a time limit. What will become of Satoshi and Kaki?

Red and Blue

Yeesh, Fini already sounds way more antagonistic that Lele. Straight up threatening to end Ash's life just because those two fought on its land.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Well, who's to say it's Ash idea. Maybe it will be both their idea. And even if it will be Ash's idea, Kiawe will go along with it.
This is Ash's doing. It's totally something that he'll do. Doesn't Kiawe hold the highest respect to deities and he should know better. And he isn't getting punished so it couldn't have been his idea. Or maybe he is by trying to save Ash.

DatsRight

The fact Tapu Fini is up to more antics in the very next episode suggests it might have something else planned.

DatsRight

Of course Ash would get into trouble. He always acts before thinking. He can't be a Pokémon Master if he's like this.

The only issue I have is that an episode for Kiawe seems to involve ASH being the flawed impetus of the story (especially since Kiawe has only had three other episodes for centre stage development, they did well with him but still he is deprived). Odd episodes feel a bit like they phoned in Ash as the flawed character that needs to learn when another character could use that fallibility to chain some character development (eg. the Rotom Dex leaving episode did not fit his character at all). Lillie's the only other student that's had something resembling a significant character arc.

I'd love to see more of the companions' shortcomings be forced in front of them (I still think Kiawe should have done the shrink ray episode over Ash, his personality would have played into that dilemma more). I'm rather surprised they never did anything with his overprotectiveness of Hoshi either.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Yeesh, Fini already sounds way more antagonistic that Lele. Straight up threatening to end Ash's life just because those two fought on its land.
I don’t think it’s that surprising considering its dex entries also mention how it can make people go forever insane in its mist and, in general, cause other kinds of destruction to unfortunate victims.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
This is Ash's doing. It's totally something that he'll do. Doesn't Kiawe hold the highest respect to deities and he should know better. And he isn't getting punished so it couldn't have been his idea. Or maybe he is by trying to save Ash.
No it isn't. We don't know who's idea it is yet. And as I said, even if it is Ash's, it's not like Ash could force or drag Kiawe into doing something like this.

satopi

No it isn't. We don't know who's idea it is yet. And as I said, even if it is Ash's, it's not like Ash could force or drag Kiawe into doing something like this.
Which is why it's up to Kiawe to rescue his boyfriend. Not once did I say Kiawe was forced or dragged into battling Ash on sacred grounds but since he is guilty too, he'll have to go through ridiculous lengths to save Ash's life as his shared punishment. So it isn't the matter of who's idea was in the first place totally Ash no question but that they already did the crime so both gotta do the time.

I predict that with what Kiawe is doing to save Ash will in turn, benefit Tapu Fini in the end. Almost like it knew they would do something stupid like this and it'll let them do it's own dirty work kind of paralleling what Tapu Koko was doing when it chose Ash to have a Z Ring. Though I'm probably very wrong.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Don't make it about ship ok ? Any way i actually wish this episode about sm cast not Satoshi as i am very strongly disliking sm version of Satoshi character i wish he go alway for one episode

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Which is why it's up to Kiawe to rescue his boyfriend. Not once did I say Kiawe was forced or dragged into battling Ash on sacred grounds but since he is guilty too, he'll have to go through ridiculous lengths to save Ash's life as his shared punishment. So it isn't the matter of who's idea was in the first place totally Ash no question but that they already did the crime so both gotta do the time.

I predict that with what Kiawe is doing to save Ash will in turn, benefit Tapu Fini in the end. Almost like it knew they would do something stupid like this and it'll let them do it's own dirty work kind of paralleling what Tapu Koko was doing when it chose Ash to have a Z Ring. Though I'm probably very wrong.
Well, there is no confirmation at this point. So let's agree to disagree.

satopi

Don't make it about ship ok ?
I can't believe you took that seriously.

Any way i actually wish this episode about sm cast not Satoshi as i am very strongly disliking sm version of Satoshi character i wish he go alway for one episode
(Check out the Lillie focused episodes... or practically any episode where Ash is put in the support role. There's a lot of them rather than one or two episodes which is cool since Ash has always been pushed into each character in the past.)

Ash trapped in the Sandcastle prison where he barely does anything is one episode he "go alway" in.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
@satopi How i could know that you were joke about it?
I mean one episode where Satoshi don't show up and let rest of the sm cast take place in the spotlight for once ?

ShadowForce720

@satopi How i could know that you were joke about it?
I mean one episode where Satoshi don't show up and let rest of the sm cast take place in the spotlight for once ?

If you mean a episode where we don't see Ash at all then I hate to break the news to you but it's extremely unlikely that, that would happen because of the fact that Ash is the central main character of the show meaning he is going to show up in every single episode regardless of whether he is the focus or not until they finally decide to "replace" him . Not only that if we did get a episode where Ash wasn't in the episode at all then people would refuse to acknowledge it as an episode it say that it's a special, I mean heck look at what happened to the X&Y episode with the cosplay Pikachu in it that was formatted a bit differently but still had Ash in it, for a while some people refused to acknowledge that it was a actual episode and not a special just because of the fact that the episode was formatted a bit differently.

Now it is possible that we could have a episode where Ash only shows up for a few seconds at the beginning and/or end of the episode and otherwise is not present as if I recall some of the epsiodes that were focus on the Team Rocket trio were handled that way.

satopi

The Mega Evolution Special Acts are the only exception (well, Pokémon Chronicles too but they don't count as episodes in the main anime nor contribute to the main plot.) No Ash in sight outside of a name drop in the beginning but it's hardly memorable and very brief. You're out of luck in SM, this saga is very Ash-Pikachu centric.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't think so. Tapu Lele will attack you for no reason whatsoever and given its healing powers, probably use them so that you survive while it continues the attack. Tapu Fini is just easily angered.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
I don't think so. Tapu Lele will attack you for no reason whatsoever and given its healing powers, probably use them so that you survive while it continues the attack. Tapu Fini is just easily angered.

So what you are saying is, is that Tapu Lele is a sadist while Tapu Funi is more of a narcissist?

Status
Not open for further replies.