1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

February 3rd: SM107 - Run, Kaki! Surpass Yourself!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Tapu Lele is sadistic in canon. Tapu Fini just takes the sacred thing very seriously.

2. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

And let me guess, Charizard gets injured in some freak accident so Kiawe has to think his way out of things.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  3. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

I'm thinking more like some sort of obstacle will be standing in his way in retrieving the scales.

4. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how exactly Tapu Fini captures Ash. Are we gonna get some clam-shell gags at last?

Along with being Hapu's punching bag, it seems Ash can't catch a break on Poni Island. :p

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  5. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

6. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Parfait addict

Yeah so Popplio is confirmed to be evolving as well.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  7. Shotgunrain

Shotgunrain Well-Known Member

Vikavolt is confirmed, well the preview confirmed it already anyway, but Brionne is confirmed as well!

8. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

So they don't plan on battling to start off with. If they don't go to battle it, why is Kiawe joining Ash? I guess he's just curious to see it, unlike the others.

9. DatsRight

So it looks more like 'designated monkey Ash' than 'dun goofed it Ash' this time round.

To the 50% that voted right, have a cookie. :p

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    KenzeyEevee likes this.
  10. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga The cutest EVER!!!!

YAY! Popplio evolved! :D
    Shiron! Next is you! :p

11. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

That'll probably be an end-of-series thing to show how serious Lillie is in whatever she's gonna do after this region.

Is this the first time a Pokémon has technically been listed twice on a cast list? 106 has Popplio and Brionne separate.

12. Sham

Sham Someone is calling us

Hopefully they give Lillie’s Vulpix an arc about why she feel ready to evolve. I think it’ll be fresh seeing a Pokémon being mentally ready to evolve instead of straight up denying it or it just happening randomly.

13. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

The way things were foreshadowed at the end of that episode and afterwards. (Chalk board scene!) The evolution is a BIG maybe instead of a definite no, Snowy seems scared of evolving rather than not wanting to evolve.

Growing up is a scary thing.

14. Sham

Sham Someone is calling us

To be honest the fact they purposely found two stones (the latter going to Lillie) and made it quite clear she was eager to evolve Snowy and keeping it around gives the implication it’s going to happen. If they weren’t I believe they would of simply just ignored it all together like Iris’ Axew or make it clear Snowy was for sure not interested like Piplup or Pikachu.

15. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I tend to dislike Kaki-themed episodes as a general rule, and finding out that Satoshi gets captured by Kapu-Rehire and has to rely on Kaki just makes this episode so much harder to anticipate.

16. JC317

JC317 Well-Known Member

Do you mean you generally dislike themes of the episodes that are Kaki-centric, or you just straight up dislike episodes that are Kaki-centric?

17. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

18. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

I didn't think about anyone else besides Ash and Pikachu would also get trap by Tapu Fini that caught me by surprise.

19. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Is that Hapu's grandpappy??

Also I was right, Charizard is injured so Kiawe can't just fly and get whatever the old dude asks for.

20. DatsRight

I dunno I tend to find Kaiwe episodes entertaining for the fact he's one of few characters besides Ash that REALLY gets his flaws thrown in front of him and is put in situations he blatantly isn't in control of, which if anything is more effective for a prideful character. The bigger problem is how few episodes Kaiwe has.

Sophocles sort of does this, but his problems are more mundane, while Lillie's mostly ended after the AF arc, and even then were too often in form of being a damsel in distress that Ash or Gladion bailed out instead of her getting solo time her dealing with her foibles. Mallow and Lana are almost NEVER out of their comfort zone, I struggle to actually think of personality flaws for them to do such in fact. This is maybe why most of the Poni arc until Kaiwe's episode has been Ash and ONLY Ash being the butt monkey or having much agency, he's the only consistently fallible one besides him.

I'm regaining interest by the fact it seems less centred around the story crapping over Ash like some of the previous episodes and more Kiawe struggling to get things done. Oh and some spotlight for Charizard again (I still think they're slowly creeping him in as a proper main Pokemon).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.