1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

February 3rd: SM107 - Run, Kaki! Surpass Yourself!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

Oh nice, Charizard gets to have a proper fight. I was worried age would've kept it from doing much more than the occasional Flamethrower.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he dead? I know Tapu Fini can connect with the dead or whatever it is, but this seems like straight up resurrection. Or was Hapu (or me in this case) mistaken?

2. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly they already shown Kaiwe's Grandpappy in a flashback, he was pretty much just 'old looking Kiawe'. The character here is more a comedic shrivelled old guy type design.

Maybe it's the spirit of HAPU'S Grandpappy. :p

3. Shotgunrain

Shotgunrain Well-Known Member

Seems like people only can see his spirit in the mist created by Tapu Fini. This brings us to the title of SM108 where I think will be the episode where Hapu becomes the kahuna.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  4. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Kaki’s Charizard battling?! Also Sun and Moon just giving it Slash just like Ash’s Charizard

5. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

Pretty sure I said that.

Oh, that makes sense.

Kiawe did say Sofu and his grandfather (I'd like a name for Kiawe's grandfather if you're gonna give one to Hapu's, writers) were friends, so I guess it's appropriate that he appears in a Kiawe focused episode.

6. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

(Re-reads comments and bangs head on laptop in embarrassment.)

So you did. Excuse my blindness.

7. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

It could be a vision. That seems like the most reasonable explanation. Maybe Kiser doesn’t know he’s dead and then finds out later that he was a ghost, but that seems too cliched. It’s not like the man could be Hapu’s dad, seeing as he looks pretty old.

8. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Hopefully something comes of this for Kiawe

I'm not really a fan of Charizard battling as Kiawe really deserves a third Pokemon for the League, he's gone literally forever without a team change, and not to mention Charizard had a bunch of battles just last League if this was gen 8 then a Charizard getting in battles would be fine.... but I'm still tired of Charizard. We've gotten too much of the species.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  9. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

Huh. I was hoping Team Rocket or Skull would give Kiawe a hard time while he tried to beat the clock. Looks like we're getting Hapu focus mixed in instead...

The focus mix in these episodes is interesting, but kind of a mess.

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

And Mallow keeps hugging girls reeeeeeeeeeal good.

Um, are we sure she isn't... Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Red and Blue likes this.
  11. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well this episode looks a lot less tense then I thought it would be based on the summary. That animation style at the beginning though, good lodd

12. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 You can make a change

iwane tends to play with styles a lot this series. Also, I wonder if we'll be seeing meltan cameo in these episodes too or if we'll not see it again until the episode the clip from the preview (which kinda looks like in the shady house) comes

13. DragonKahuna

DragonKahuna Well-Known Member

I'm so happy that Charizard is finally getting some focus and battling outside of the Ride Pokemon thing. Looks like Marowak and Bakugames are trapped alongside Ash, and Kiawe will be battling with Charizard.
    Maybe this whole quest Tapu Fini gave to Kiawe is sort of of a tria/Grand trial and maybe when Kiawe manages to complete it either the old man/Sofu or Tapu Fini might give him a reward (maybe a Charizardite) and count Poni Grand Trial as accomplished.

14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Kaki's Lizardon doing stuff is a bright spot I suppose since he rarely gets to shine compared to Bakugames and Garagara these days, so I'll take it.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  15. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: A Hangry Return

What was the last(or only) generation without a Charizard in late-gen?
    DP maybe?

Jerimiyah likes this.
  16. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

Just DP sadly

17. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

You know, S&M does a thing where it gives a string of stuff to the cast episodes in a row.

So screw it, I hope Kaki gets a Lizardonite-Y. The Z-Mega can double as a Mega Ring like in game, it time for his old grandpa Lizardon to come out of retirement and really get a rockstar moment.

18. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

So Hapu grandfather is here, I wonder if he still alive or if this is his spirit?

19. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Pretty sure she was praying to Tapu Fini during episode 105 to see his spirit.

20. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

And Kiawe ends up meeting him.

Oops.

Kawaii Emolga and Zoruagible like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.