• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: PM2019 054 - Messon In Possible! (w/ Momoko Fukuchi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The kidnapping is part of the movie, Goh encourages Sobble to act in it, but Sobble doesn't pick up on it till the end.

Sobble becomes so done with the whole situation that it evolves into an emo teenager.
Despite my reluctant skeptism, I feel like there's so many implications pointing towards Sobble Evolving here

-Darmanitan bullying Sobble (which feels like a direct Callback to Scorbunny's Evolution Episode)

-Yuka Miyata writing this episode (who wrote Episodes with Dragonite and Greedent's Evolutions)

-Anipoke Twitter doing a raffle for Sobble Merchandise for this Episode (please correct me if I'm wrong but didn't something similar happen for Scorbunny the week before his Evolution Episode? And even so, Anipoke Twitter doesn't usually do raffles for an Episode unless said Episode happens to be a very important one...)

-The extreme amount of emphasis put on how much Sobble admires Inteleon. (When they could've easily had Sobble be put off or indifferent towards his Evolution)

- Gou's Rotom Smartphone is present despite there not being a single Pokémon in the VA list that Gou doesn't already have
(Tho to be Fair in this case, he could also just be scanning Inteleon)

- Team Rocket's presence. (They almost always appear whenever there's an Episode with an Evolution sequence)

- Inteleon making it's Debut before Drizzile and even Grookey do. (Granted this isn't the first time we see a Final Stage appearing before a Mid Stage Starter but doesn't timing here seem a bit... Odd (?) To anyone else? We're not that far away from Grookey's debut yet they decided to have Inteleon show up first when they could've waited a bit longer on this.)

- Sobble being suspiciously left out of that 2021 calendar. (Sure you could argue that all the Ash and Gou's Pokémon bar Lucario and Cinderace are missing too but given that Sobble has been in nearly Episode Episode unlike the rest it feels so much more jarring)

This episode has the whole set up. All the Stars are aligning. And yet I'm STILL wary of it being a deliberate Bait

Last edited:

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I can't find a source for this and I do not think that I have seen it posted before. Maybe it is from when Sobble was first caught, can anyone confirm?

Es5XnJpVEAYmoKz

Mythical-Moonlight

I can't find a source for this and I do not think that I have seen it posted before. Maybe it is from when Sobble was first caught, can anyone confirm?

Es5XnJpVEAYmoKz
Well the screenshot in the picture is definitely from when Sobble was caught.

Tho I do not recall seeing that image when the Episode aired.

It's possible it could just be a guide book on Galar Pokémon in General tho

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

Hey Guys I just realized something.
Assuming my Math is correct (I'm really bad at Math sorry if I'm incorrect here :oops:)

This episode might've been one of the Last Episodes of 2020 if it weren't for the 6 Week Covid Hiatus! XD

We would've seen BOTH Cinderace and Inteleon during the show's first year! XD

More Serious Discussion under the Tag:

So here's an idea I'm just gonna throw out there that's I've seen floating around on Twitter

Let's say if Sobble doesn't evolve here what if it wears an Inteleon costume like Rowlet?

Tho considering that the show makes Unevolved Starters battle against their Evolutions I'm very.... curious to how they would pull that off here?

Because there's no way in heck I can see Sobble vs Inteleon ending in anything other than Sobble getting curb-stomped

At least Rowlet had the excuse of having a Type Advantage over Decidueye (and defeated it using Brave Bird no less)

What exactly does Sobble have that can be used to defeat Inteleon?

Invisibility? Inteleon can do that too...

Crying? Preview shows Inteleon is immune to that...

Last edited:

Mew29240

Assuming my Math is correct (I'm really bad at Math sorry if I'm incorrect here :oops:)

This episode might've actually been either the First Episode of 2021 or the Last Episode of 2020 if it weren't for the 6 Week Covid Hiatus! XD

So here's an idea I'm just gonna throw out there that's I've seen floating around on Twitter

Let's say if Sobble doesn't evolve here what if it wears an Inteleon costume like Rowlet?

Tho considering that the show makes Unevolved Starters battle against their Evolutions I'm very.... curious to how they would pull that off here?

Because there's no way in heck I can see Sobble vs Inteleon ending in anything other than Sobble getting curb-stomped

At least Rowlet had the excuse of having a Type Advantage over Decidueye (and defeated it using Brave Bird no less)

I don't think we need to add tags for stuff like this. But for the sake of it:

I don't see much reason for Sobble wanting to battle its evolved forms. The "unevelved starter v. the evolved forms" fights usually happen because the unevolved Pokemon likes itself the way it is (or in the writer's case, they're more popular as they are) and they want to show that it doesn't have to evolve to be considered powerful (like with Pikachu and Rowlet fighting their evolved forms).

I don't think Sobble wants to stay as it is (in terms of personality), so it would want to evolve. It'll probably just get inspired by seeing Intelion personality and power and wanting to evolve because of it.

That's just my take on it anyway.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi

This episode might've actually been either the First Episode of 2021 or the Last Episode of 2020 if it weren't for the 6 Week Covid Hiatus! XD

Why do we need to think that much.
It's pretty simple.
If writers want, it will evolve ( seems quite likely) if they don't it won't.

I was a die- hard fan of Sobble and it's evos( like my username indicates) but Goh's Sobble ruined everything.
Still I want it to evolve, but not now ( after some development) but I don't want it to go the Rowlet route cuz of Inteleon fans like you.

Mythical-Moonlight

Why do we need to think that much.
It's pretty simple.
If writers want, it will evolve ( seems quite likely) if they don't it won't.

I was a die- hard fan of Sobble and it's evos( like my username indicates) but Goh's Sobble ruined everything.
Still I want it to evolve, but not now ( after some development) but I don't want it to go the Rowlet route cuz of Inteleon fans like you.
I don't want it to go the route of Rowlet either. (Also seems kinda repetitive after only one Generation...)

But I won't rule out that possibility either...

BobbbidyBob

This episode might've been one of the Last Episodes of 2020 if it weren't for the 6 Week Covid Hiatus! XD

We would've seen BOTH Cinderace and Inteleon during the show's first year! XD

It was 6 WEEEEKS??!!! =O

Mythical-Moonlight

Hey Inteleon fans One thing I forgot to ask! How we feeling about it's Trainer's Design? XD

EtHWpKfXYAEUrrD

I think she's quite Pretty. Which I wasn't expecting so That's pleasantly surprising lol

(Then again I cannot recall a time when Pokémon has ever missed when it comes to Adult Female Human designs? :p )

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Hey Inteleon fans One thing I forgot to ask! How we feeling about it's Trainer's Design? XD

EtHWpKfXYAEUrrD

I think she's quite Pretty. Which I wasn't expecting so That's pleasantly surprising lol

(Then again I cannot recall a time when Pokémon has ever missed when it comes to Adult Female Human designs? :p )
Her design is good. Though I'm surprised she isn't wearing blue like Inteleon

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh look. New Screen shots (Well that second one isn't really new just a high quality shot of that Magazine image)
EtWbpIMVgAUtNku
EtWbpO7VIAAOi0h

Inteleon's not only protecting Sobble but also is protective of it's Trainer it seems...

@AuraChannelerChris Was right.
Inteleon does look a bit less thin than in the games
And that atrocious darker blue sickish green color is uglier. It's supposed to be as light as Sobble's in there, even.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

lol Watch it end up just learning a move or something xD

Really like how all the npc trainers are looking....they arent generic haha
Sobble didnt do a thing since JN28 or learnt a new move. I wouldnt mind it evolving tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.