• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: PM2019 054 - Messon In Possible! (w/ Momoko Fukuchi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
We have different standards to show our kids. We show kisses happening much more often than this anime being weird about showing the only one instance that happens to be censored. (And we also know our kids can handle heavy plots easy.)
Still can't believe Pokemon censored two fully consenting adults kissing in their freakin' wedding

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
So there’s two things on my mind. I wonder if they’re actually gonna update the intro this time for when Farfetch’d evolves and potentially Sobble. Sobble also being in a scene with Grookey in the intro doesn’t mean it can’t evolve here. Cause in the Poipole opening, it was shown with Ash’s team while Litten was still litten. But Litten evolved into Torracat before Poipole ever got caught. Also, Scorbunny literally evolved just by learning how to light up a rock to use Ember. So Sobble evolving by doing some here isn’t that outlandish. Also maybe cause the opening didn’t spoil much, they’re more inclined to update it ?

Given how outdated the last OP was by the time we got this one, I don't think they will make any changes to it.

If Sobble doesn't evolve in this episode then he probably won't before we meet Grookey, unless there are episodes that weren't revealed in the special PV.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
So I've got a question.

Let's say hypothetically Sobble doesn't evolve.

Do you think that Inteleon could (or should) become a recurring Character in the series?

After all G-Max Inteleon is a thing that still needs to be showcased.
And Inteleon won't be able to showcase it's G-Max in this Episode since it takes place in Kanto for whatever reason.

I think maybe it'll return at least once.

There is also still the matter of Drizzile needing to debut, though they could pull an Alola where a COTD debuted Decidueye before Hau debuted Dartrix.
Granted the biggest difference is that unlike Decidueye who's Debut was only there to be fodder for Incineroar to destroy, Inteleon seems to be actually playing a big role in it's Debut so Hop showing up with another Inteleon would seem a little more jarring to me but idk...

Mew29240

So I've got a question.

Let's say hypothetically Sobble doesn't evolve.

Do you think that Inteleon could (or should) become a recurring Character in the series?

After all G-Max Inteleon is a thing that still needs to be showcased.
And Inteleon won't be able to showcase it's G-Max in this Episode since it takes place in Kanto for whatever reason.

I think maybe it'll return at least once.

There is also still the matter of Drizzile needing to debut, though they could pull an Alola where a COTD debuted Decidueye before Hau debuted Dartrix.
Granted the biggest difference is that unlike Decidueye who's Debut was only there to be fodder for Incineroar to destroy, Inteleon seems to be actually playing a big role in it's Debut so Hop showing up with another Inteleon would seem a little more jarring to me but idk...

Given Goh's goal of wanting to catch all Pokemon, I'd find it hard to believe that Sobble will stay unevolved.

As for an Intelion not belonging to Goh be recurring, it depends on Intelion's trainer. The one belonging to the female spy might stick around depending on what she's working on; if she's doing something like investigating Rose's whereabouts or preparing an arc/subplot down the road, then we can expect her Intelion to show up a few more times.

On the other hand, I kinda get the feeling she's just a COTD designed to be in-theme with her signature Pokemon like other COTDs are who's there for Sobble to get inspired by her Intelion and nothing more.

Otherwise they could have another trainer with an Drizzle/Intelion that shows up more often. Maybe someone like Nessa?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
“Messon Is Possible” I never thought the sub would ever do a Western pun for a title but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!

Also, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this secret agent trainer is Annabel

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Mythical-Moonlight

“Messon Is Possible” I never thought the sub would ever do a Western pun for a title but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!

Also, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this secret agent trainer is Annabel
As much as I'd love to see Anabel. I'm doubtful we'll see her again considering that the Anime introduced her as a kid with a crush on Ash

SM not only gave her a redesign but also aged her into an Adult as Looker's Secret Agent Partner.

I doubt the anime can pull off an explaination for why she'd be suddenly all grown up when Ash is still a kid.

They'd also explain why she left the Battle Frontier since the explanation from the games don't exactly work here

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
As much as I'd love to see Anabel. I'm doubtful we'll see her again considering that the Anime introduced her as a kid with a crush on Ash

SM not only gave her a redesign but also aged her into an Adult as Looker's Secret Agent Partner.

I doubt the anime can pull off an explaination for why she'd be suddenly all grown up when Ash is still a kid.

They'd also explain why she left the Battle Frontier since the explanation from the games don't exactly work here
She got to Alola, where Kukui's child aged up while inside Burnet's stomach. She's good.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They could use Ultra Wormhole space-time mumbo jumbo to explain her aging, but that might open a whole different can of worms.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They could use Ultra Wormhole space-time mumbo jumbo to explain her aging, but that might open a whole different can of worms.
Or they could do their own canon and make Annabel the same age she was last time, like how they made Tate & Liza the same age as Ash

Mythical-Moonlight

I think the main reason why they picked a Random Spy Lady to be Inteleon's Trainer is because the episode is about Sobble and the writer's clearly want the viewers attention to be on Sobble.

Showing Inteleon with anyone other than a Rando (like Hop, Nessa, Anabel, Leon, etc) would've likely distracted viewers from the main focus here.

Basically, they don't wanna risk potentially overshadowing Sobble in it's own focus Episode
(Or Inteleon in it's Debut Episode for that matter)

Master Pikachu 11

Still can't believe Pokemon censored two fully consenting adults kissing in their freakin' wedding
Yeah especially when Disney movies have no problem showing most of their princesses kissing their princes at their wedding. I guess Pokémon anime has a different standard. Funny they censor a kiss, but are ok with a old man pointing a gun at a kid.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Yeah especially when Disney movies have no problem showing most of their princesses kissing their princes at their wedding.

IKR?
Prudes: KIDS SHOULDN'T SEE PEOPLE KISSING!
*countless children see big kisses in Disney hits*

Funny they censor a kiss, but are ok with a old man pointing a gun at a kid.

That was decades ago, and they'll NEVER try something like that again. Heck, it's crap like that are the reason they think they have to censor kissing... o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.