• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: PM2019 054 - Messon In Possible! (w/ Momoko Fukuchi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKTOPIA

If they really want sobble to get development then it shouldn’t be with a person who’s just trying to catch every Pokémon. If they won’t have sobble being traded or given to ash there’s only so much development sobble is going to get. Sobble may get a lot of screen time but what has it actually done besides failing against silicobra and a little water gun to stop a sandstorm. It’s great and all that scorsbunny fully evolved but sobble is a different type of Pokémon that clearly needs extra training since we see it scared to have a practice battle with pikachu. I knew from the very beginning that Goh getting sobble was a big mistake.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If they really want sobble to get development then it shouldn’t be with a person who’s just trying to catch every Pokémon. If they won’t have sobble being traded or given to ash there’s only so much development sobble is going to get. Sobble may get a lot of screen time but what has it actually done besides failing against silicobra a little water gun to stop a sandstorm. It’s great and all that scorsbunny fully evolved but sobble is a different type of Pokémon that clearly needs extra training since we see it scared to have a practice battle with pikachu. I knew from the very beginning that Goh getting sobble was a big mistake.
Ash getting it wouldnt be any better since it’ll likely just get shafted as well.

desdar300

Ash getting it wouldnt be any better since it’ll likely just get shafted as well.
Given the formula that they have with base form Pokemon it at least be doing something.
Just look at the duck and now Riolu.
I get why they did it because the chameleon represents the antisocial Tendencies of go from the start of the series but to me it's clear that they only thought about him as far as making something related to Pokemon go at everything else later

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
For the last time, this is serious business. The little gecko knew the risks but completely brushed them off!
I’m pretty sure that’s a Chameleon. Not a Gecko.

Leonhart

Imagineer
STICKTOPIA said:
If they really want sobble to get development then it shouldn’t be with a person who’s just trying to catch every Pokémon. If they won’t have sobble being traded or given to ash there’s only so much development sobble is going to get. Sobble may get a lot of screen time but what has it actually done besides failing against silicobra and a little water gun to stop a sandstorm. It’s great and all that scorsbunny fully evolved but sobble is a different type of Pokémon that clearly needs extra training since we see it scared to have a practice battle with pikachu. I knew from the very beginning that Goh getting sobble was a big mistake.

I'm not sure that I agree with the implication that Messon has to be traded to Satoshi or someone else for it to meet its full potential. Given that Hibanny evolved twice in a rather short span of time, I'm not seeing why Messon wouldn't be able to do the same in the coming year, ergo receive development unless people are going to argue that evolution doesn't count as development anymore.

dman_dustin

I'm not sure that I agree with the implication that Messon has to be traded to Satoshi or someone else for it to meet its full potential. Given that Hibanny evolved twice in a rather short span of time, I'm not seeing why Messon wouldn't be able to do the same in the coming year, ergo receive development unless people are going to argue that evolution doesn't count as development anymore.

And let's not forget that Go adds to his Pokedex with an evolution anyway.

BobbbidyBob

(Gasps) how dare you!

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Who's to say Sobble doesn't train off-screen? Or it gets stronger from watching Ash/Goh battling various trainers and wild Pokemon?

Sobble has been shown to be much more powerful than it looks. It is timid, not weak.

STICKTOPIA

Who's to say Sobble doesn't train off-screen? Or it gets stronger from watching Ash/Goh battling various trainers and wild Pokemon?

Sobble has been shown to be much more powerful than it looks. It is timid, not weak.
if sobble was training off screen then it wouldn’t be running from pikachu like we saw in that preview.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

I doubt it since it hasn't really made any progress since the Flygon Episode.
Hell if anything, it feels like it's regressed a bit since it was too scared to help Marshstomp out of a hole in the ground

if sobble was training off screen then it wouldn’t be running from pikachu like we saw in that preview.
Granted we don't really know the context of that scene yet.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
By default, every Pokemon these boys have are at least midway Gym Leader good, despite the fact none of them should be this good without proper training.

I really can't buy Ash giving Wikstrom a hard time with his fresh G-fetch'd.
Especially when someone like Pikachu and Infernape couldn't even touch Flint's Infernape when they had almost finished developing and gained a ton of experience from all the battles they were in.

It'd be unrealistic if Farfetch'd got a hit in.

ShadowForce720

Especially when someone like Pikachu and Infernape couldn't even touch Flint's Infernape when they had almost finished developing and gained a ton of experience from all the battles they were in.

It'd be unrealistic if Farfetch'd got a hit in.

Difference is when Ash was battling Flint he was battling Flint’s Ace however in his battle with Wikstrom he is battling one of Wikstrom’s other Pokémon and not his Ace which is a Mega Scizor.

The truth of the matter is we don’t know how Wikstrom’s Aegislash stacks up in terms of Wikstrom’s team and even if it were the second strongest team n Wikstrom’s team we don’t know how much a gap there is when comparing it to Wikstrom’s Mega Scizor.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
By default, every Pokemon these boys have are at least midway Gym Leader good, despite the fact none of them should be this good without proper training.

I really can't buy Ash giving Wikstrom a hard time with his fresh G-fetch'd.
Agreed, but Aegislash could easily be same as that: gym leader level. I mean trainers can have more than 6 Pokemon..

Status
Not open for further replies.