• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: PM2019 054 - Messon In Possible! (w/ Momoko Fukuchi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Goh is strangely blessed with Pokemon that evolve fast without doing much effort, which is just as cheap as his incredibly lucky Critical Captures.

I swear, he makes Ash's Oshawott look like the world's worst evolving procrastinator.

This isn't a Goh issue but just the way the series is structured. Evolutions including Ash's are easier, or just not avoided like the plague like in past series.

Pseudo legendaries are meant to be slow to train, but Ash's Dragonite goes from not even knowing how to fly as a Dragonair, and living a peaceful life on a secret island, to choosing to evolve because it supposedly needed arms. Not to mention it then goes toe to toe with the Giant Golurk and thrashes both of Korina's pokemon without any training or battle experience.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I think you're puttting way too much stock in a 5 second throwaway scene from a 7 year old movie.

I'm more surprised that people can't understand that the reason we're seeing Aegislash as his ace here is because it's his ace in Pokemon Masters.. Literally the Mega Scizor in that movie means nothing now..

STICKTOPIA

Post like this give off the impression of having not watched the show because through each stage Hibanny got prominent focus episodes on its personality and skills. To ignore that and pretend it’s done zero battling is just incorrect. Messon’s capture episode was about Gou understanding it wasn’t comfortable with battling and only letting it battle on its own terms. This episode is likely addressing that phobia. You’re acting like there isn’t a story in place and there for it to grow. The only Satoshi Pokémon to get any development this saga is Riolu and the others mostly don’t do a ton of battling either. The only big win has been Kairyu beating Lucario, why are you acting like all Satoshi’s Pokémon are prizes and Gou’s do absolutely nothing?
I actually have watched it and that’s why I’m saying it. When cinderace was at its pre evolved form it’s been battling since day one. I was impressed how it took care of pikachu & all the other battles it’s had. But we’ll see how this episode with sobble turns out and the future ones after. I’ve seen what the majority of Goh’s Pokémon have done so far which is why I posted the previous post. But I’ll leave it as this and see how the future episodes turn out. You may be right about the story line. Let’s see in the next few weeks when the episode comes out.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I'm more surprised that people can't understand that the reason we're seeing Aegislash as his ace here is because it's his ace in Pokemon Masters.. Literally the Mega Scizor in that movie means nothing now..

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter how old the movie that showed Wikstrom with Mega Scizor is, as it’s still canon, so even if he doesn’t use it, doesn’t mean that suddenly he doesn’t have it or that’s it’s not his ace in the anime.

As may I remind you that we know Lance has a Dragonite in the anime and in Pokémon Masters Lance’s ace is Dragonite and yet in the anime he used his Red Gyarados against Leon.

That doesn’t mean that in the anime his Lance
Isn’t Dragonite. We have seen instances where the ace isn’t always the most used Pokémon on the trainer’s team.

Sure Wikstrom’s Aegislash is most likely pretty strong but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it is his ace.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Masters doesn’t need constant promotion. Don’t see why people keep giving it as much credit for so much of the anime’s decisions especially considering how long Wikstrom has been in the game.

ShinyCharyZard

Masters doesn’t need constant promotion. Don’t see why people keep giving it as much credit for so much of the anime’s decisions especially considering how long Wikstrom has been in the game.
Probably because it's relevant at the moment and is thus being promoted in this anime, along with Go and SwSh. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see other Masters pairings popping up in the anime..

You can deny that it has any impact, but that statement would be incorrect.

ShinyCharyZard

I would say that the PWC is loosely based on the coming together of all trainers, like we see in Masters. Obviously its not 3v3 battles, but the kind of tournament that involves trainers from all over the world screams Masters promotion to me.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
As may I remind you that we know Lance has a Dragonite in the anime and in Pokémon Masters Lance’s ace is Dragonite and yet in the anime he used his Red Gyarados against Leon.

That doesn’t mean that in the anime his Lance
Isn’t Dragonite. We have seen instances where the ace isn’t always the most used Pokémon on the trainer’s team.
To be fair Anime!Wataru is heavily tied to his Red Gyarados and had an arc. about that (appearing again in AG even) and has history with the anime on the other hand Gampi isn’t really a character or defined by anything in the anime yet.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Probably because it's relevant at the moment and is thus being promoted in this anime, along with Go and SwSh. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see other Masters pairings popping up in the anime..

You can deny that it has any impact, but that statement would be incorrect.
So just assumptions? Ok.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I would say that the PWC is loosely based on the coming together of all trainers, like we see in Masters. Obviously its not 3v3 battles, but the kind of tournament that involves trainers from all over the world screams Masters promotion to me.
Masters outright has every damn important trainer show up front and center. Journeys barely has enough budget to get 3 back from over half a hundred.

Masters is all about a guy using some really fancy liberties to screw up with the timeline in order to get a good shot at taking Red down. Journeys meanwhile is all about Leon smugly sitting atop a throne because apparently he is the **** of the world (though really this is just a very standard worldwide(?) tournament where it randomly decided to place Galar on a throne).

Masters promotes teamwork alongside many trainer combinations. Journeys' PWC reprimands teamwork format, and Ash doesn't even have a second teammate participating with him.

So, no. Both couldn't be any different.

EroqbptXUAIRhek

Corocoro is out with this teaser for JN054.

"This, my boy, is a finger."

"Wow!"

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Masters doesn’t need constant promotion. Don’t see why people keep giving it as much credit for so much of the anime’s decisions

Same here. I'm a Masters player and I love the game but... I just don't see it being able to influence the anime in any way, shape or form.

Heavily focusing on Ash being "The Battler"? News flash: they've done that all the way back on DP. Where they made sure to make a distinction between Ash and the other co-star (Dawn).

Other than that, nothing. Wikstrom had a Scizor on his movie cameo because the anime wanted to show off a mega and it just happens to be a Mega whose type is the same as one of the E4 specializes on.

He having Aegislash on Journeys is simply for the imagery of the guy who wear knight clothes using the literal Sword&Shield Pokémon that doubles being the same type he specializes with. No overly complicate explanation or inexistant connections.

In my humble opinion the only games the anime even bothers to consider for stuff are SwSh and Pokémon Go. Everything else is an extra and we'd be super lucky if something, anything gets a treatment like Ranger did.

What Masters Promotion has been in the Anime so far?

Outside of people assuming things? Nothing

I wish they did more 4kids-style pun titles like this for the original Japanese, lmao

Please, no. I've had more than enough of 4Kids making stuff up for a lifetime. Not again, please

Status
Not open for further replies.