• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: PM2019 054 - Messon In Possible! (w/ Momoko Fukuchi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
There was this little joke comic where Pikachu "accidentally" kisses Ash in front of Serena and she brushes it off as a cute thing...until Pikachu flashes a very malevolent smirk that makes her reconsider.

Okay, so that wasn't official, but still...you have to wonder who Ash likes the most really.

Hey, I remember that fanart. Have seen it a long time ago. Didn't find it funny to be honest though. Only reason it stuck on my mind was because of how absurd it was haha

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Real talk.

If Inteleon helps Sobble become "more reliable" like that blurb is implying I'm gonna start meme-ing on Gou so ridiculously hard.

Somebody's random ass Inteleon manages to help Sobble get more stronger in 1 EPISODE but Sobble's own Trainer couldn't in like 20+ Episodes. XD

Don't get me wrong, I love Gou but that's not stopping him from getting meme'd on! XD

Last edited:

Decidueye23

Real talk.

If Inteleon helps Sobble "more reliable" like that blurb is implying I'm gonna start meme-ing on Gou so ridiculously hard.

Somebody's random ass Inteleon manages to help Sobble get more stronger in 1 EPISODE but Sobble's own Trainer couldn't in like 20+ Episodes. XD

Don't get me wrong, I love Gou but that's not stop him from getting meme'd on! XD
Actually goh is the smart one. He knows sobbles cry is so damn powerful he doesnt want it to become stronger and stop crying. So he is being very smart about it lol

dman_dustin

Sobble has also never expressed any desire to become strong, so it being weak isn't Goh's fault.

Did you not see its capture episode? It was encouraged by Go saying it was or is strong which allowed it to break out of TR cage.

But maybe the translations were off.

Edit: Thus I think the issue is purely thw writers not giving AF about Sobble until now.

Mythical-Moonlight

Sobble has also never expressed any desire to become strong, so it being weak isn't Goh's fault.
It's just a joke.

And like @dman_dustin said. It's the writers fault for not doing anything with Sobble for 20+ Episodes

I just think it's hilarious from an in-universe standpoint that despite everything that's happened since it's debut, Sobble didn't have any desire to be stronger until this one random Inteleon popped up one day xD

Mythical-Moonlight

Also I noticed something. Since Inteleon's Trainer is a Girl.
This is one of the very few times since Gen 5 where we will see a Female Trainer who isn't given a cutesy marketable Pokémon as her Ace.

(Only other one was Koromi/Kylie but in her case she's supposed to be seen as a weirdo)

Too bad it's only happened to CotDs.

Sobble could be a simp
Somehow I really doubt the Inteleon is female lol

InB4 "But Inteleon's Trainer is Female and Female Trainers always have Pokémon who are the same Gender as them!"

Dawn's Piplup, Iris's Axew, Serena's Pancham and Lana's Eevee all say "What's up Bros?"

Last edited:

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!

InB4 "But Inteleon's Trainer is Female and Female Trainers always have Pokémon who are the same Gender as them!"

Dawn's Piplup, Iris's Axew, Serena's Pancham and Lana's Eevee all say "What's up Bros?"

Who said Sobble is simping for Inteleon ?

I mean the trainer is also female so...

Last edited:

Decidueye23

Also I noticed something. Since Inteleon's Trainer is a Girl.
This is one of the very few times since Gen 5 where we will see a Female Trainer who isn't given a cutesy marketable Pokémon as her Ace.

(Only other one was Koromi/Kylie but in her case she's supposed to be seen as a weirdo)

Too bad it's only happened to CotDs.

I mean sobble could simp for a male pokemon too ooh wait kids show nvm

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Steven Universe is also a kids show and that had females simping for other females (including a Lesbian Wedding even)
We have different standards to show our kids. We show kisses happening much more often than this anime being weird about showing the only one instance that happens to be censored. (And we also know our kids can handle heavy plots easy.)

Last edited:

Zariful

So there’s two things on my mind. I wonder if they’re actually gonna update the intro this time for when Farfetch’d evolves and potentially Sobble. Sobble also being in a scene with Grookey in the intro doesn’t mean it can’t evolve here. Cause in the Poipole opening, it was shown with Ash’s team while Litten was still litten. But Litten evolved into Torracat before Poipole ever got caught. Also, Scorbunny literally evolved just by learning how to light up a rock to use Ember. So Sobble evolving by doing some here isn’t that outlandish. Also maybe cause the opening didn’t spoil much, they’re more inclined to update it ?

Mythical-Moonlight

So there’s two things on my mind. I wonder if they’re actually gonna update the intro this time for when Farfetch’d evolves and potentially Sobble. Sobble also being in a scene with Grookey in the intro doesn’t mean it can’t evolve here. Cause in the Poipole opening, it was shown with Ash’s team while Litten was still litten. But Litten evolved into Torracat before Poipole ever got caught. Also, Scorbunny literally evolved just by learning how to light up a rock to use Ember. So Sobble evolving by doing some here isn’t that outlandish. Also maybe cause the opening didn’t spoil much, they’re more inclined to update it ?
Litten was still Litten when Poipole showed up tho. Granted it Evolved only 2 Episodes after Poipole's Official Debut but still

Of course that's not to say I think OP's are a reliable source. Because they've never been and to this day they still aren't.

The very first OP of Journeys shows Scorbunny Battling a Corviknight.

50 Episodes later here he is a fully Evolved Cinderace and he still has yet even come face to face with a Corviknight. XD

Also remember when we thought Riolu and G. Farfetch'd sparring in the rain would mean something?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I just think it's hilarious from an in-universe standpoint that despite everything that's happened since it's debut, Sobble didn't have any desire to be stronger until this one random Inteleon popped up one day xD
I mean, to be fair, Inteleon is Sobble's evolved form. Such a thing is more likely to inspire you than seeing another random Pokemon, because you're looking at your future self, what you can become if you work hard enough. Especially if that same Pokemon is very cool and reliable.

Mythical-Moonlight

I mean, to be fair, Inteleon is Sobble's evolved form. Such a thing is more likely to inspire you than seeing another random Pokemon, because you're looking at your future self, what you can become if you work hard enough. Especially if that same Pokemon is very cool and reliable.
True. Jokes aside if there's anyone who can help Sobble overcome some of it's anxiety it's definitely the Pokémon who used to be a Sobble itself. Inteleon has more than likely been in Sobble's situation before.

Unless you're Axew. Or Pikachu.
Or Piplup. Or Snivy. Or Oshawott. Or Chespin. Or Rowlet. Or Bulbasaur. Or Squirtle. Or Totodile

Status
Not open for further replies.