• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: PM2019 054 - Messon In Possible! (w/ Momoko Fukuchi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wish they would stop censoring things so intensely, it's just as bad in... ok it's bad in every country I know of. It's one thing to censor swears or tone things down so it won't be too much for kids, but you've got to allow kids to learn about more serious stuff in a safe environment. Might as well be TV, parents don't want to tell kids anything these days, not even stuff they need to talk about which leads to...

Sorry, sorry, rambling. Sobble looks cute next to Intelleon.

mystreon

the elder eevee
I wish they would stop censoring things so intensely, it's just as bad in... ok it's bad in every country I know of. It's one thing to censor swears or tone things down so it won't be too much for kids, but you've got to allow kids to learn about more serious stuff in a safe environment. Might as well be TV, parents don't want to tell kids anything these days, not even stuff they need to talk about which leads to...

Sorry, sorry, rambling. Sobble looks cute next to Intelleon.
what was censored

Ultra Beast Lover

Anime is afraid of kisses. They censored Serena's kiss to Ash, and a kiss between two consenting adults at their wedding.
And guns in the original. I mean come on, no one was being seriously harmed or killed by said gun and it's not like kids have never seen a gun before... or adults kissing. Sure, you wouldn't want kids to reenact it with an actual gun but that's when you say that only grownups are allowed to use guns.

I don't really understand why people are so desperate to see a kiss between ten year old anyway..
I think that people forget that these characters are ten, I know I do. Frankly I don't think my brain ever registered that they were ten because they don't talk or act like ten-year-olds, y'know since they have to be put into dangerous situations and have to actually survive in the wild.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
To get back to the topic here...

One thing I'm REALLY looking forward to is the amount of Wholesome Fanart of Sobble and Inteleon we'll possibly get depending on how their interactions go in this episode! <3

Given that Yuka Miyata also wrote that really cute Episode where Lana's Popplio meets a Brionne I really hope that she will give Sobble and Inteleon some really nice interactions :)

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

So I've been thinking...

Given that Inteleon's Trainer is a Spy, what if she's an Antagonist?
Because usually the Pokémon Anime portrays Spy characters as Villains.
(Annie and Oakley from Pokémon Heroes immediately come to mind)

Some of us predicted that she could be trying to track down Rose or Giovanni but what if she's working FOR one of them?

....However on the flip side of things, there's something telling me that She must has at least some degree of Compassion or Kindness if she was able to raise a Pokémon like SOBBLE all the way to it's Final Stage?

And her Inteleon doesn't seem be Antagonistic or Malicious from what (admittedly very little) we've seen of it so far.

What do you guys think?

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
So I've been thinking...

Given that Inteleon's Trainer is a Spy, what if she's an Antagonist?
Because usually the Pokémon Anime portrays Spy characters as Villains.
(Annie and Oakley from Pokémon Heroes immediately come to mind)

Some of us predicted that she could be trying to track down Rose or Giovanni but what if she's working FOR one of them?

....However on the flip side of things, there's something telling me that She must has at least some degree of Compassion or Kindness if she was able to raise a Pokémon like SOBBLE all the way to it's Final Stage?

And her Inteleon doesn't seem be Antagonistic or Malicious from what (admittedly very little) we've seen of it so far.

What do you guys think?

That sounds cool. I for one am always up for anime exclusive bad guys, if just because it's refreshing to know there are people causing trouble besides the villain teams with more tangible goals.

Though knowing our creative team, she'll be just another friendly rival. Probably the new Sanpei.

Mythical-Moonlight

That sounds cool. I for one am always up for anime exclusive bad guys, if just because it's refreshing to know there are people causing trouble besides the villain teams with more tangible goals.

Though knowing our creative team, she'll be just another friendly rival. Probably the new Sanpei.
Come to think of it...

When was even the last time we got an Anime-Exclusive Villain?

The last one I remember is Pokémon Hunter J.

Tho then again we might get Anipoke Exclusive Villains in the Suicune Episode?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
And guns in the original. I mean come on, no one was being seriously harmed or killed by said gun and it's not like kids have never seen a gun before... or adults kissing. Sure, you wouldn't want kids to reenact it with an actual gun but that's when you say that only grownups are allowed to use guns.

This is so American you don't even know. Lets not normalize and perpuate an outdated Americanism in a Japanese kidsshow that gets broadcasted globally because Americans are accustomed and are clinging on to outdated gunlaws that statistically lead to more gunviolence in their country. Lets not.

My kid (almost 5 years old, so the appropriate age for Pokémon) walked in to our living room after bedtime because he couldn't sleep - and saw a preview for an Arnold Schwarzenegger-movie or something like Olympus has Fallen (couldn't really tell because I was too busy trying to calm my kid). He was shocked.

So no, lets not 'come on'. Guns shouldn't be in a show targeted towards age 4 up to 10. Lets not portray gun ownership as if that's a normal thing, and whether or not someone gets 'seriously harmed or killed' should definitely not be the threshold on whether or not a gun gets showcased or not.

Yes, I don't want my kid to reenact it with an actual gun. You know how dumb that sounds? You know how normalized American culture/legislation have made it so that children could be playing with an actual gun instead of maybe sticks or something? When I was a kid, we'd reenact the kungfu kicks that we saw the PowerRangers do, but that's just that. Flying kicks we never intentially connected. And the PowerRangers were defending the good. How many heroes in kidsshows actually use guns??? And the problem with guns is that they could be loaded (there's a common saying that an unloaded gun is just a piece of metal and not a defense weapon).

I don't want my kid to reenact something with an actual gun, no. I don't want there to be a gun to be anywhere near my children - and I'm sorry that that isn't the case for children in the US. And I'm sorry for all the children that died during all the schoolshootings there are. And for the parents that have lost children and can't believe that backwards America can't get their heads around the facts and change an outdated constitutional 'right'.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Come to think of it...

There was that guy who attacked Kiawe’s farm, tried to take over the Battle Royale building, and was in the Stakataka episode in SM if that counts.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Come to think of it...

Viren/Bourgain, who was in 5 episodes of SM. Though like all the SM villains, he sucked. (no, Guzma doesn't count. He was more of a dickish rival than a villain.)

There have also been several crooks and poachers, but they're only in one episode and get arrested never to be seen again...
(the awkward part is that Viren was arrested in his debut episode, but kept coming back...)

Mythical-Moonlight

Viren/Bourgain, who was in 5 episodes of SM. Though like all the SM villains, he sucked. (no, Guzma doesn't count. He was more of a dickish rival than a villain.)

There have also been several crooks and poachers, but they're only in one episode and get arrested never to be seen again...
(the awkward part is that Viren was arrested in his debut episode, but kept coming back...)
There was that guy who attacked Kiawe’s farm, tried to take over the Battle Royale building, and was in the Stakataka episode in SM if that counts.
Oh yeah I forgot about Viren! XD

He was so forgettable lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.