• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: PM2019 054 - Messon In Possible! (w/ Momoko Fukuchi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
We know from the opening that Grookey and Sobble meet, so the thing can't evolve until Grookey appears..
Oh sure. Like Riolu vs Farfetch’d training, Grubbin getting caught in SM, and Charizard vs Reshiram. Amirite?

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
Because it makes the mistake of presuming that just because one official artwork was right that another official artwork is right which isn’t necessarily the case. Heck may I remind you that the artwork of Grookey that your talking about also showed Skwovet and Scorbunny even though those two Pokémon have already evolved.
Well I don't remember Scorbunny but anyways even if Skwovet was unevolved it was still a Goh Mon.Grookey is which we are not sure of. Also Ending hints Grookey for Ash ( even if it is just a Shritori)
Opening scenes are always true
The opening#2 of journeys showed the scene of riolu and farfetch't training which never really happened
It happened sometime offscreen but this has absolutely no chance if Sobble evolves.

ShadowForce720

We know from the opening that Grookey and Sobble meet, so the thing can't evolve until Grookey appears..

That doesn’t mean that Sobble won’t evolve before Grookey joins as don’t forget the SM opening Future Connection showed Ash’s team at the time and had both Litten and Poipole there even though by the time Litten actually met Poipole it had already evolved into a Torracat.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

Not necessarily? The 1st Opening shows Scorbunny Battling a Corviknight.

Not only did Corviknight make it's Debut before Scorbunny did (and oddly hasn't been seen since)
But Scorbunny is now a Cinderace and it STILL has never even met a Corviknight lol

Of course I also doubt Sobble will Evolve here but I know that's one of the biggest speculations about this episode and Iwane only just added more fuel to the speculation lol

Not only that. The OP you're referring to also showed Goh and Cinderace getting beat up by Suicune, Entei and Raikou.

If the VA List and Preview are any indication, Entei and Raikou aren't even in this episode lol

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I know there have been throwaway scenes previously, but I doubt they've purposely put that scene in there to throw us off. It's not a battle/training scene like in the past.

People just like to deny things in their bid to keep hope alive, which is fine and all, but I would personally expect Sobble to still be a Sobble at the time of Grookey's first appearance.

Mythical-Moonlight

I know there have been throwaway scenes previously, but I doubt they've purposely put that scene in there to throw us off. It's not a battle/training scene like in the past.
Opening 2 had a scene where Raihan is taking selfie's with Ash and Gou and all their Pokémon so it's not only Battles/Training scenes that OP's use for throw away scenes lol

ShadowForce720

People just like to deny things in their bid to keep hope alive, which is fine and all, but I would personally expect Sobble to still be a Sobble at the time of Grookey's first appearance.

In the SM opening Poipole and Litten was shown with the rest of Ash’s Alolan team at the time and yet Litten didn’t meet Poipole until after it evolved into Torracat and keep in mind this was in a situation where Litten was evolving 2 or 3 episodes after the opening Future Connection debuted.

So, no just because we see Sobble meeting Grookey in the current opening doesn’t necessarily mean that Sobble won’t evolve before it meets Grookey.

Look I’m not saying that we couldn’t have a situation where Sobble doesn’t evolve and episode 54 and meets Grookey before it evolves. However Sobble meeting Grookey in the opening is not proof that Sobble won’t evolve before it meets Grookey.

Mythical-Moonlight

Of all the possible outcomes here which do you think is the most likely?

Option A: Sobble Evolves
Option B: Sobble Finally Wins a Battle
Option C: Sobble Learns a New Move
Option D: Sobble grows more assertive but not much beyond that
Option E (F-): The Plot has No real impact on Sobble. It's just another Filler

I'd be down for any of Options A, B or C. But I personally think Options B or C might be the most likely outcome.

But Knowing my luck the Anime will probably give me Option D or E. -__-

There's also a pretty good chance that at least 2 of these Options might Overlap

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

I'd be down for any of Options A, B or C. But I personally think Options B or C might be the most likely outcome.

There's also a pretty good chance that at least 2 of these Options might Overlap

Hoping for A or C, expecting D or E.

Sword master zacian

Of all the possible outcomes here which do you think is the most likely? Option A: Sobble Evolves Option B: Sobble Finally Wins a Battle Option C: Sobble Learns a New Move Option D: Sobble grows more assertive but not much beyond that Option E (F-): The Plot has No real impact on Sobble. It's just another Filler I'd be down for any of Options A, B or C. But I personally think Options B or C might be the most likely outcome. But Knowing my luck the Anime will probably give me Option D or E. -__- There's also a pretty good chance that at least 2 of these Options might Overlap
I am going with A, Band C

Red and Blue

ABCD all seem pretty likely to me. Unless winning a battle against TR doesn't count as a official first victory

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

B, C & D seem the likeliest to me. I've previously stated my reasons why I expect nothing else, so at least by keeping my expectations low, I can't be disappointed!

Icy-Snowflake

I think it might be B and D, but A and C are also possible. E seems unlikely to me. I really hope Sobble gets good development before it evolves unlike Scorbunny >_<

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Option A, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's B or C.

Mew29240

If A happens, I'd expect B & C to happen, too since a lot of evolutions usually come packaged with a new move. New moves usually means it's used in a fight, so I'd also expect it to win a battle.

If it does evolve, I'm not sure if D can happen (depending on how its personality changes after evolving). You can't really say it progressed in terms of assertiveness if it's got a "typical" Drizzle personality.

If A doesn't happen, I can at least see D happen because the whole episode seems centered around inspiring Sobble (we don't know yet if it's just to evolve or something more). B & C might apply, too.

I'm betting on A, B, & C happening since this episode is giving me the the same vibes as Scorbunny's evolution episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.