• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: XY059 - Ash and Serena's First Date!? The Vow Tree and the Presents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

This particular episode won't, but the fact that the writers are bringing it up again makes me think something will happen toward the end of XY.

I wonder how the writers are going to write Serena off now, its getting unthinkable unless this is Ash's last saga.

If by some small chance it does happen, then Serena could always travel with ash in the new region

NPT

Just a member
I can imagine some rabid rival shippers throwing a huge fit.

After 800+ episodes, Ash finally got to date a girl. And it's non other than Serena! Now it's only matter of time until we find out how their first date turns out.

I do read it now and again. Amour rarely goes beyond its own thread here, and it doesn't seem to have much controversy outside of the forum too. Whatever faults they have are nothing compared to the "Serena Bashing" section from a group of Pearlshippers.

You got that right.

Last edited:

nameman

This particular episode won't, but the fact that the writers are bringing it up again makes me think something will happen toward the end of XY.

I wonder how the writers are going to write Serena off now, its getting unthinkable unless this is Ash's last saga.

That's doubtful. Serena could do a Misty/Brock and keep going with Ash.

Exactly and thats what I wanted to do, just answering people :p, if I dont like something I just need to say it once, I dont need to repeat it 10 times every page I'm not Cyber.

My last line was actually me expressing my irritation with those shippers. Sorry if you thought it was about you.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

After 800+ episodes, Ash finally got to date a girl. And it's non other than Serena! Now it's only matter of time until we find out how their first date turns out.

It will end with Ash the same as always but Serena thinking "winning" in her head.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It's not a real "date" though in the romantic sense at least, hence why I don't expect any development from it. :x

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Wow I cant believe they are actually making a shipping episode...yeah 0 interest here.

Shipping wank galore. Not surprised. It was so easy to cash in on a blue-eyed, blonde-haired skirt wearing fair-skinned bishoujo and a heroic anime character for money. Shippers eat the fanservice right up. Of course it's not a real date but it's obvious what they are going for.

Xuxuba

It's obvious that Ash's first date will receive more attention. Gym leaders battles and catching Pokemon episodes are present in every year, but that's the first time something like that happens in over 15 years so excuse me for feeling excited.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Do we know the writer of this particular episode?

probably we won't get to know until when we are near the airing date

i'm really curious on who write this episode, he/she must probably be a shipper somewhat

My only concern is the rabid shippers from the past throwing fits over this, especially the ones of a certain red-haired female character who hasn't appeared since forever. I mean the shipping wars in other fandom's were bad, I don't want to see things get bad here.

This could single handedly kill off all other Ash ships 100%.

Sounds similar to what happened to Naruto not too long ago. Both Naruto and Ash are growing up. ;3;

This episode. I just, I never expected anything to come out of this crush. ;__; It's amazing. Hilarious. And the episode hasn't even aired yet.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Shipping wank galore. Not surprised. It was so easy to cash in on a blue-eyed, blonde-haired skirt wearing fair-skinned bishoujo and a heroic anime character for money. Shippers eat the fanservice right up. Of course it's not a real date but it's obvious what they are going for.

They're just giving fans what they were deprived of for a decade. If Ash has to be paired up with someone no surprise they're doing it with the, "hot blonde" whose girly and wears dresses and is the perfect wife-y material.

Xuxuba

I expect something similar to what happened between Goku and Chi-chi though i don't remember it very well.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I expect something similar to what happened between Goku and Chi-chi though i don't remember it very well.

Goku and Chi-Chi fought in the last martial arts tournament and he ran off with her after he defeated Piccolo. After that was the 4 year timeskip to the start of DBZ where they were married and had a son already.

RVD_fan

Did I read that right?

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…

Frankly, I'm kind of expecting that too. I just don't see Ash suddenly comprehending the meaning of romantic concepts like "date." This episode title makes me very suspicious and I really just wonder if it's more about hype than anything. Knowing how things turned out with "love rival" in XY013, I wonder if this is going to be a repeat of that with just Serena going shopping for cute dresses and gifts and Ash just kinda hanging out like the oblivious moron that he is.

Basically, Goku wanted a bride when he was little but he thought "bride" meant a food, not a wife. So Goku was confused when Chi Chi told him "You promised to make me your bride!" Goku told her about how he thought a bride was a food, and Chi Chi was really let down. But then Goku decided to marry her anyway, since he had already made the promise. I think the English dub mangles that last part a bit, kinda has him say "well, thank goodness I know how my heart feels, will you marry me?"

Last edited:

blob

Serena gets over him and instead goes for that Greninja guy by the end of the series IMO.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
ash bond with serena and see different side of serena
yup and eXtraordinarY amour episode
cant wait the few cute moment :D excited

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I feel so bad for Serena lol. She fell for an asexual guy *sighs*....

Status
Not open for further replies.