• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: XY059 - Ash and Serena's First Date!? The Vow Tree and the Presents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Serena referred to herself and Fennekin as girls quite some time ago, during XY21.

No, she was talking about herself.

But yes, it's pretty obviously female.

Wonder how the dicussions will be like when there's an hour or two left before the episode is released.

Pretty nonexistent, considering the thread will get closed around then.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Well, at least this thread was fun while it lasted. May it be forever archived in our memories and never be forgotten the arguments, the hype, the denial, shipping wars and circlejerks that this thread represented.

Anyway, to keep my post from being too meta, I'd like to say that whether or not Serena's relationship with Ash progresses here or not, it should be inevitable that this episode will mark a point of importance that will definitely be referenced in the future if we get a "second date".

My prediction is that while the "date" only happens inside Serena's head, Ash will say something nice in the end of the episode that makes Serena believe that their bond has progressed and Serena will feel more confident about her feelings although Ash remains unaware.

I wonder if Serena will get so lost in her feelings for Ash that it'll affect negatively in her performance the next episode.

I think Serena will get lost in her feelings, but not bc of Ash, maybe bc of some other reason. There was that one preview where she was flipping her hair on the Courmarine docks. I think she's just nervous bc of her very first tripokalon and not because of Ash. If anything, she will become motivated and it will affect her in a positive way.

technickal

No, she was talking about herself.

But yes, it's pretty obviously female.
She said, "After all, girls should take care of themselves" in a context that referred to both of them.
But I digress. When exactly will this thread be closed? When the episode ends? When it begins? A few hours before?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
She said, "After all, girls should take care of themselves" in a context that referred to both of them.

She was talking about herself. The context was that it was pointed out that Serena was also focused on her looks, just like Fokko.

When exactly will this thread be closed? When the episode ends? When it begins? A few hours before?

At some point before it starts, mostly based on when I remember to do it (since I'm also watching Aikatsu and Tamagotchi before Pokemon). The discussion thread will be opened when the episode starts.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This is going to be one of the episodes with heavy dialogue and will need some 'additional help' a week or so after release. Looking forward to this, Serena acting like she is is kinda hilarious to be honest. In a way because its really relate-able for so many people, male or female.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I actually wonder if the writers already spoiled all the shipping scenes in the preview. Between Serena trying to hold Ash's hand, the scene with Ash/Serena alone on the train with presents in their hands, and the scene at the end with Ash giving a present to Serena...is that it?

It might be a bit disappointing if they already spoiled all the shipping scenes in the previews and the actual episode has nothing new beyond it.

Well, at least this thread was fun while it lasted. May it be forever archived in our memories and never be forgotten the arguments, the hype, the denial, shipping wars and circlejerks that this thread represented.

It makes me feel sad that this historical thread will be closed forever after 3 days. Has there ever been any spoiler thread of an episode as long and controversial as this one?

I actually wonder if the writers already spoiled all the shipping scenes in the preview. Between Serena trying to hold Ash's hand, the scene with Ash/Serena alone on the train with presents in their hands, and the scene at the end with Ash giving a present to Serena...is that it?

It might be a bit disappointing if they already spoiled all the shipping scenes in the previews and the actual episode has nothing new beyond it.

I think that there must be more. A kiss may be too much to ask but a hug after Ash giving the gift is very possible. The best scenario would be that Ash does reveal mild affection toward Serena when he's alone but remains oblivious (but not hopeless) as of now.

ashsfuture

I think there is more that the writer's did not want to spoil anyway just by what was shown in the preview itself in terms of Ash and Serena moments/hints

.Serena trying to hold Ash's hand (As in the second preview we hear what Serena is thinking about her and Ash being alone)
.Serena looking at what seems to be a wedding dress- if that's the case (she'll be the first girl to actually be thinking about her future wedding) LOL!
.Ash and Serena on the monorail(sunset scene)-major importance since most of the images given are occurring in the sunset scene
.Ash giving Serena a gift (he seems really happy, and nervous when handing it to her)
.Serena blushing when seeing Ash has a gift for her
.Ash running through the forest(for some reason)turns his hat and has a very determined look on his face( so probably going to save Serena)!

So yeah we have a lot so far!, but there are still more hints that we won't see until the episode airs two particular moments I'm speaking of is Serena's gift to Ash(what is the gift and Ash's reaction as well as Serena's reason for the gift and Ash's gift to Serena the gift itself and Serena's reaction)!!

Also we already had a hint given to us in the image of Ash and Serena on the monorail(not the sunset scene)the one where they're on the monorail heading out to go shopping!

Last edited:

Cortana

Misty is the Best
If this isn't evidence of Pokemon finally losing the plot I don't know what is. The writer's made her Ash's childhood friend and then made her have a crush on Ash for reasons we still don't know because the flashbacks to the summer camp they went to when they were young weren't long and didn't give much away plus this episode will destroy the pokemon franchise if it turns out that Ash reciprocates the feelings. I can tell you this if they turn amourshipping into a real ending the Pokemon Franchise is finished because they will have destroyed what pokemon is supposed to be about.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I think there is more that the writer's did not want to spoil anyway just by what was shown in the preview itself in terms of Ash and Serena moments/hints

.Serena trying to hold Ash's hand (As in the second preview we hear what Serena is thinking about her and Ash being alone)
.Serena looking at what seems to be a wedding dress- if that's the case (she'll be the first girl to actually be thinking about her future wedding) LOL!
.Ash and Serena on the monorail(sunset scene)-major importance since most of the images given are occurring in the sunset scene
.Ash giving Serena a gift (he seems really happy, and nervous when handing it to her)
.Serena blushing when seeing Ash has a gift for her
.Ash running through the forest(for some reason)turns his hat and has a very determined look on his face( so probably going to save Serena)!

So yeah we have a lot so far!, but there are still more hints that we won't see until the episode airs two particular moments I'm speaking of is Serena's gift to Ash(what is the gift and Ash's reaction as well as Serena's reason for the gift and Ash's gift to Serena the gift itself and Serena's reaction)!!

Also we already had a hint given to us in the image of Ash and Serena on the monorail(not the sunset scene)the one where they're on the monorail heading out to go shopping!

Yeah. They didn't spoil if Serena was successful in grabbing Ash's hand or why Ash was running into the woods. I don't think they spoiled what the gift was. There are plenty of questions I think that will be answered in this episode. Just 3 and a half more days people :D

Cortana

Misty is the Best
I will definitely be watching this episode to see if the writers make a full of themselves.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If this isn't evidence of Pokemon finally losing the plot I don't know what is. The writer's made her Ash's childhood friend and then made her have a crush on Ash for reasons we still don't know because the flashbacks to the summer camp they went to when they were young weren't long and didn't give much away plus this episode will destroy the pokemon franchise if it turns out that Ash reciprocates the feelings. I can tell you this if they turn amourshipping into a real ending the Pokemon Franchise is finished because they will have destroyed what pokemon is supposed to be about.

They're shopping for gifts for the Pokemon, so Ash and Serena's little adventure sticks to what the show is all about: the Pokemon. :/

Cortana

Misty is the Best
They're shopping for gifts for the Pokemon, so Ash and Serena's little adventure sticks to what the show is all about: the Pokemon. :/

Yea sorry the more I read the summary of this episode and watch the promo the more you are right however I believe they will have some hints to amourshipping in there but we will have to wait and see.

Rosie the Riveter

We can do it!

Shipping will destroy Pokemon? I never knew Pokemon was this weak as a franchise.
Plus, why exactly would it destroy Pokemon if AmourShipping becomes canon?

Oh, and by the way, your title and avatar gave it away :)

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
The bias is strong with this one.
Granted you don't need to worry. AmourShipping most likely won't become canon so you can calm down and enjoy the "date"

Oh c'mon. Would you have said all this if the episode's name is "Ash and Misty's First Date"?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hm I wonder what Team Rocket steals and why Ash goes after them. I guess it'll either have to do with Serena getting kidnapped, Team Rocket stealing some presents, or Team Rocket stealing the Pokemon from Bonnie and Clemont.
I'm also looking forward to this episode since the Ash and Serena scenes look pretty interesting.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hm I wonder what Team Rocket steals and why Ash goes after them. I guess it'll either have to do with Serena getting kidnapped, Team Rocket stealing some presents, or Team Rocket stealing the Pokemon from Bonnie and Clemont.
I'm also looking forward to this episode since the Ash and Serena scenes look pretty interesting.

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't happen, but I'd get such a kick out of Team Rocket capturing Serena in this episode just so they can see Ash the Knight in Shining Armor coming to rescue her. He would then do so fairly easily and Team Rocket would then tease them and embarrass them. I can just imagine seeing Serena's face as red as a fire truck and who knows what Ash's response would be :D

ashsfuture

I just want to say this in terms of how far the pokemon anime has come in the past 18 years, we are about to hit the 20th anniversary for the anime itself with 800+50 episode and we could possibly reach 1000 episodes, but then you really have to think about some of things the show had always kept the same which has caused a major drop in fans that enjoyed the show such as
- Ash meeting females by destroying their bikes(thank god they stopped that)
-Ash losing against his rival and not beating him until the league
-Ash having out of the blue arguments with his female companions
-Ash losing a league when he had a good chance in sinnoh(thanks a lot darkrai)
-female companions always leaving, with not so much development with Ash(thank you Serena)
-Down grading Ash at the start of a new saga(thanks xy for breaking that trend)
-Ash's water starters not evolving(thank you froakie you are the best)

Now we have xy which is imo the best thing to happen to pokemon, I mean I feel like now the show is still for kids, but is directed towards the older fans who have been part of pokemon since the very beginning

reason's why pokemon xy blows the other sagas for the show itself
-Ash is more mature/a gentlemen
-filler episodes feel like development episodes
-The bros bond Ash and Clement
-the Sister bond Serena and Bonnie
-Tons of character development not just for one character, but two in one episode
-Romance having a big focus on Ash and Serena
-Serena's feelings for Ash(which are obviously canon)
-Ash and Serena's childhood back story

there are many more reasons, but these are enough to show you that pokemon has not only grown up, but has taken that big step it needed and as always pokemon will always be focused on pokemon! Ash and Serena's first date most hyped episode for pokemon ever!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.