• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 5th: XY059 - Ash and Serena's First Date!? The Vow Tree and the Presents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Hm I wonder what Team Rocket steals and why Ash goes after them. I guess it'll either have to do with Serena getting kidnapped, Team Rocket stealing some presents, or Team Rocket stealing the Pokemon from Bonnie and Clemont.
I'm also looking forward to this episode since the Ash and Serena scenes look pretty interesting.

Serena probably won't get kidnapped, b/c something of that seriousness should be an episode in itself. It's probably a Pokemon that gets stolen or Ash's gift? Something to make him go all out badass by flipping his hat is bound to be serious. Also the Ash and Serena scenes are definitely worth getting hyped over :D. One scene i'm actually looking forward to is the hand holding attempt scene. We still don't know if Serena was actually successful or not. Also the Ash gift giving scene, and what Serena thinks about that, and what that gift actually is.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Serena probably won't get kidnapped, b/c something of that seriousness should be an episode in itself.

It's TR we're talking about; they've kidnapped cast members before in even minor episodes, so I don't see why they can't do that here as well, especially since Serena has no way of fighting back.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Its rather odd that people are acting like there's suddenly "so much shipping" in the anime when there's been some every generation.

During Kanto/Orange Pokeshipping was pretty heavy, AG had a lot of Contestshipping in any episode Drew appeared, and DP had Kenny and Conway with crushes on Dawn.

Then everyone ships every main girl with Ash anyway regardless of hints, so what difference does it make?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Oh c'mon. Would you have said all this if the episode's name is "Ash and Misty's First Date"?

Personally I wouldn't enjoy it being anyone's first date, as romance is not something I particularly care for within an anime that's based on magical monsters beating the living daylights out of each other..

But since it's fairly clear that only Serena sees this as some form of ridiculous little date, while Ash is completely oblivious, I can accept it and continue happily without batting an eyelid at all this shipping nonsense.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
It's TR we're talking about; they've kidnapped cast members before in even minor episodes, so I don't see why they can't do that here as well, especially since Serena has no way of fighting back.

Idk it just feels like it would take a lot more time to find TR after they had kidnapped Serena, and we're only talking about 26 minutes or so of an episode here. Plus they didn't show too much about a potential kidnapping, except a flip of a hat. It's not impossible, but I just don't see this happening.

Last edited:

redBadger22

Its rather odd that people are acting like there's suddenly "so much shipping" in the anime when there's been some every generation.

During Kanto/Orange Pokeshipping was pretty heavy, AG had a lot of Contestshipping in any episode Drew appeared, and DP had Kenny and Conway with crushes on Dawn.

Then everyone ships every main girl with Ash anyway regardless of hints, so what difference does it make?

I feel like the amount of shipping they're doing has something to do with the style of Kalos. Kalos being similar to France, and France being known for romance.

Makes sense to me.

Nightstar1994

The writers even made TR kidnap Sycamore -_-
For an adult and a professor, I thought he'd be more cautious.

Especially considering how amazing he is in the X/Y games.

Cortana

Misty is the Best
Oh c'mon. Would you have said all this if the episode's name is "Ash and Misty's First Date"?

No I wouldn't because while I like the idea of Pokeshipping, I hate if the writers focus more on shipping than the actual catching pokemon.

Answer me this then why did the writers after 5 generations finally decide to add a character that knew Ash (apart from Gary, Ash's Mom, Professor Oak) before the series started and have her become romantically attracted to him?

jason0597

During the sponsor message, for all we know Team Rocket may have kidnapped the Pokemon and Ash runs for Pikachu.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I think that's what will probably be the most likely thing to happen, either that or they steal the presents.

Oh yeah TR stealing all the present including Ash's present for Serena. He get angry and follow TR by alone through the forest we seen in the preview

No I wouldn't because while I like the idea of Pokeshipping, I hate if the writers focus more on shipping than the actual catching pokemon.
Well it's easy for you to say this right now, because this scenario not happening anyway :)

Answer me this then why did the writers after 5 generations finally decide to add a character that knew Ash (apart from Gary, Ash's Mom, Professor Oak) before the series started and have her become romantically attracted to him?
Because they want to do something different in a show that's always the same? I still don't see how that's suppose to be a bad thing. If the show is still only about catching Pokemon in XY then I probably wouldn't be watching it.

Cortana

Misty is the Best
Well it's easy for you to say this right now, because this scenario not happening anyway :)

Even if the scenario did happen, while I would be happy with it I would also be a little disappointed because they would be adding a twist into the show to keep it fresh. I like the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Because they want to do something different in a show that's always the same? I still don't see how that's suppose to be a bad thing. If the show is still only about catching Pokemon in XY then I probably wouldn't be watching it.

I never said it was a bad thing I just said that it took 5 different generations to come up with a storyline like that.

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Y'know I halfway want to see how Ash responds to hand holding with Serena.

Much friendship.

I kinda agree, but there is a noticeable difference. Honestly, most of the romance stuff in the past generations was a-lot more side-bar than this. Where Serena's crush and retcon backstory with Ash were...Pretty much the entire selling factor of her being on the show. And they continue to use its presence in the marketing and ads, like the title of this very episode.

Basically its first time they're actively trying to sell people some kind of pairing thing.

Not that I expect it to go anywhere.

Maybe I'm delusional, but the trailer for the episode seems to imply that Ash isn't liking her in the way Serena loves Ash; so I am asserting to myself that this is a more comedic episode.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Maybe I'm delusional, but the trailer for the episode seems to imply that Ash isn't liking her in the way Serena loves Ash; so I am asserting to myself that this is a more comedic episode.

That's pretty much what it is, a one sided relationship all in Serena's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.