• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 6: XY015 - Chespin VS Delphox! A Weight Loss Battle!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Summary: The gluttonous "Spiny Nut Pokémon" Chespin has grown pudgy from eating too much. It has a post-meal battle against Ash's Pokémon to get some exercise, but its heavy belly slows its movement too much, and it ends up losing against Froakie and the others. Alarmed, its Trainer Clemont invents exercise gear for it.

Note: Notice Chespin's stomach after it's been eating sweets. Is it really okay to eat this much?

Comic adaptation:
Page 1:
Panel 1:
Narrator: Citron's Pokémon Harimaron has met a kind old woman in the forest.
Old woman: Eat as many of my macarons as you like!
Harimaron: Rima rima'!
Narrator: Hey, Harimaron... aren't you eating a bit too much?

Panel 2:
Voice: Hey granny, I'm back!
Old woman: Oh, looks like grandpa is back.

Panel 3:
Old woman: My husband and I like having Pokémon battles with each other, you see. So I'm going to make you work real good here.

Panel 4:
Harimaron: Rima...!?

Page 2:
Panel 1:
Old woman: All right, grandpa! Today I'm going to shut that mouth of yours!! Do your best, Harimaron-chan!!
Old man: Ghahahaha!! I say the same to you!!

Panel 2:
Old man: Mafoxy, Will-o-Wisp!!

Page 3:
Panel 1:
Old woman: Harimaron-chan! Don't just run away, attack!!

Panel 2:
Old woman: It's moving oddly slow... Maybe it ate too many macarons...

Panel 3:
Citron: Harimaron!!
Harimaron: Rima'!!

Panel 4:
Citron: Sorry, but this Harimaron is my Pokémon!
Harimaron: Rima rima'!
Old woman: Oh, is that so!? I was so sure it was a wild Pokémon...

Panel 5:
Old man: Gahahaha! I guess that means I win this battle, huh!?

Panel 6:
Citron: I'll be taking over the battling from here on!!
Harimaron: Rima'!
Old man: All right! Then let's resume!!

Page 4:
Panel 1:
Satoshi: Hey, doesn't it look like Harimaron has put on some weight...?
Serena: I'm sure it ate too may macarons...!

Panel 2:
Old man: Will-O-Wisp!!
Citron: Harimaron! Please dodge!!

Panel 3:
Citron: If it keeps moving like this, its stomach should get smaller and its body get lighter!

Panel 4:
Satoshi: It's gradually starting to move faster and faster!!

Panel 5:
Old man: Mafoxy!! Flamethrower!!
Citron: Harimaron!!

Panel 6:
Harimaron: Ri... Rima'...

Page 5:
Panel 1:
Harimaron: Rimaaaa'!!
Citron: This is Overgrow!? It's said to power up Grass type moves in a pinch...!!

Panel 2:
Citron: All right, Harimaron! Vine Whip!!

Panel 3:
Old man: Wha... In that case... It seems I have no choice but to use my ultimate move to beat you!!

Panel 4:
Old woman: Stop it, grandpa!! Using that move is going to cause bodily harm!!
Old man: Shut it!! I've made up my mind!!

Panel 5:
Satoshi: A move so extreme it causes bodily harm to the Pokémon!?

Panel 6:
Old man: Mystical...

Page 6:
Panel 1:
Old man: Fiiiiiiiiii...

Panel 2:
Old man: My... my back...!?

Panel 3:
Old woman: Oh Grandpa! I told you it would cause you bodily harm...!

Panel 4:
Old woman: Everyone, I baked lots of macarons as an apology, so eat up!
Satoshi: Bon appetit!
Narrator: Satoshi and his friends journey towards the Kalos League continues on!

Last edited by a moderator:

LizardonX

Banned
If Totodile can beat a Kingdra yes I know its a joke win but still then Chespin should also join Froakie and get an underserved win. maybe he can grab onto Delphox's stick and pull it off before coming in with a massive finish by using it against delphox or something.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
hmmn it's seems intruiging but I somehow don't see it as a real battle I mean if there were no type disadvantage it could be slightly interesting.

Interesting they are skipping the middle stage and take on the Fennes final evo.

p96822

Evolve me please
This is an intersting plot line. It is a redo of Team Rocket's episode where they get fat

Soniman

Break the Limit
So are we finally going to see some Super Training?

Also I like the idea of a out of shape, lethargic Pokemon that ISNT one that is naturally so, like the Snorlax or Slaking family.

nuzamaki90

Awesome!

So maybe the fight against the Cowboy and Delphox is because Chespin eats up all the berries at the Berry Farm, the Cowboy challenges Clemont for justice, ane Clemont uses the Exercise Gear and the others to help train Chespin for the battle while also adhering to a better lifestyle when it comes to food.

dman_dustin

If Totodile can beat a Kingdra yes I know its a joke win but still then Chespin should also join Froakie and get an underserved win. maybe he can grab onto Delphox's stick and pull it off before coming in with a massive finish by using it against delphox or something.

You are aware that there is a huge difference between Totodile beating Kingdra and Chespin beating Delphox, right?

Sephora

yes I'm back
The fat Chespin part going on a diet is interesting but I am not interested in it's battle against Delphox. It most likely will lose anyway plus I am still a little irked that Chespin is getting more screen time than Fennekin and battling her evolution of all things :/

LizardonX

Banned
You are aware that there is a huge difference between Totodile beating Kingdra and Chespin beating Delphox, right?

Totodile clamped kingdra's mouth and I'm sure if chespin can disarm Delphox it could pull a mijumaru and be thrown off guard long enough for chespin to KO it by beating it with the stick.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
What I don't like about the episode is that the episode are made for Harimaronn to "win". I'm used to dislike Citron for his clothes, I got over it but I could hate him because his winnings of his pokemon.

I thought that using a recently caught Horubee against a Elezard was already iffy-iffy. But his Harimaron (Grass) winning against Mafoxy (Fire/Psychic) when Citron got from Platane's laboratory 5 episodes prior? It's not like Iris' Kairyu who was strong prior to capture. Harimaron has no business winning this because against a Stage 3 in disadvantage this early.

If Citron win, and given his high screentime during this 15 episodes, I decided that his development is like Satoshi in AG131, AG190, DP189 and BW108; Hikari in DP177 and Haruka in AG123 and AG182 and Iris in BW101.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
What I don't like about the episode is that the episode are made for Harimaronn to "win". I'm used to dislike Citron for his clothes, I got over it but I could hate him because his winnings of his pokemon.

I thought that using a recently caught Horubee against a Elezard was already iffy-iffy. But his Harimaron (Grass) winning against Mafoxy (Fire/Psychic) when Citron got from Platane's laboratory 5 episodes prior? It's not like Iris' Kairyu who was strong prior to capture. Harimaron has no business winning this because against a Stage 3 in disadvantage this early.
Who said Chespin is going to win? It got beaten by Froakie (who he had a type advantage over), and probably Fletching and Pikachu too. Only way I see it winning is sheer luck.

IcySealeo

I like that Chespin is getting screentime and focus, hope that the other Pokemon will get that treat as well. It seems like an interesting episode with an interesting story line.

Squirtle_007

Delphox's japanese name is Mafoxy ... :confused: ?, I hope Team Plot Device won't get shoehorned in the plot, the summary looks fun just the way it is, and if Turtwig Razor Leafing it's way through a Flamethrower is OK, Chespin Rollouting Delphox's face would be very cool :D

johno1995

This sounds like a fun episode; I wonder where the Delphox will come into play and how the fight will turn out. I don't know if I can imagine Chespin winning, but I wouldn't mind it gaining a win under its belt here just to show off its strength. Either way, I don't mind as long as he gets some good development and treatment here. This episode honestly reminds me of the Oshawott Aqua Jet episode from early BW thus far.

I was worried about Chespin's treatment under Clemont but now I'm a bit more worried for poor Fennekin. I feel like since Froakie is getting a development episode with his battle against Frogadier, and then Chespin gets to battle Delphox, we'll see Fennekin get something solid in the near future as well and my fears for its development will be quelled.

I'd like them to value each of the starters individually, especially since they each have different trainers they have a great opportunity to do a good job with their development. Let's see if they take advantage of it. I'll stay hopeful :)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Is this where the Delphox battle takes place? I hope so because I can't @ Chespin getting so much screen-time. This episode seems really interesting and more than enough for him, so I hope the Delphox battle happens here. Anyway, I kind of predicted that there would be a diet involved once we saw those images of "fat" Chespin a few weeks ago.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Is this where the Delphox battle takes place? I hope so because I can't @ Chespin getting so much screen-time. This episode seems really interesting and more than enough for him, so I hope the Delphox battle happens here. Anyway, I kind of predicted that there would be a diet involved once we saw those images of "fat" Chespin a few weeks ago.
Well the caption in the image did blatantly say "Harimaron goes on a diet!?" What's this about Harimaron getting a lot of screentime? Kerometsu and Pikachu has gotten way more thus far. As much as I like Serena, if the writers aren't going to do anything with her right now I'd rather something happen with Citron and Harimaron at least. Better than XY being the "Ash Ketchum Show."

Delphox's japanese name is Mafoxy ... :confused: ?, I hope Team Plot Device won't get shoehorned in the plot, the summary looks fun just the way it is, and if Turtwig Razor Leafing it's way through a Flamethrower is OK, Chespin Rollouting Delphox's face would be very cool :D

Yep. I agree.

Oh, Harimaron is gonna be fantastic in this episode, I just feel it. They're setting up a problem with Harimaron putting on weight, he gets beaten by the other Pokemon in quick battles likely(They don't really count, they're more so a catalyst to establish the hedgehog's problems.) Citron events a device, exercise gear makes me hopeful of Super Training making its debut. So, already we're probably are gonna get some Harimaron/Citron interactions and bonding, Citron focus, Harimaron battling, possible character development for the little hedgehog. I think Harimaron will ultimately have more character development than Kerometsu by this end of this episode than Kerometsu will in the end of its battle against its evolution. I'm glad they really hit the ground running with Citron Platane starters. I wouldn't mind either conclusion, but Harimaron taking out Mafoxy would be extraordinary as a first battle and win. Given how really well Citron's Horubi(It seems to be the strongest of the cast Pokemon) is trained, I expect Harimaron to follow suit. Heck, even let Eureka and Dedenne join in as well.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Wow, this really makes it sound like Chespins life is in danger?

I like the idea of it, but it also baffles me at the same time simply because of how interesting and unusual it is at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.