• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 6: XY015 - Chespin VS Delphox! A Weight Loss Battle!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonicbro

Her pokemon is a starter pokemon so it will no doubt get screentime. That is however not Clemont's fault. His pokemon needs focus if not more. Since when has the secondary boy's starter pokemon ever been focused so properly? I'm sure yall's precious Serena will get whatever's coming to her.:rolleyes:

oh i was basically saying that to calm the others who have been mad at serenas treatment. Clemont is actually my favorite character this series, I just feel bad seeing that serena hasn't gotten too much focus yet. But i know she will, especially with that shot of her with fennekin that looks like it was after a battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Also, I wonder what the context is at the end of the preview? Clemont walking away looks kind of sad and I wonder if he thinks Chespin has left him for the Grandma instead.

Well the old lady certainly seems to bond with Chespin, although if I remember correctly, he was eating some of her macaroons so it's basically her fault that he got fat in the first place. I hope we don't have a fake out with Clemont thinking that Chespin wants to stay with the old lady though because I'm not a fan of those situations.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Well the old lady certainly seems to bond with Chespin, although if I remember correctly, he was eating some of her macaroons so it's basically her fault that he got fat in the first place. I hope we don't have a fake out with Clemont thinking that Chespin wants to stay with the old lady though because I'm not a fan of those situations.

15 episodes and already pulling the emotional card, the writers know their game xD

Setting up the Ash-Clemont trade Clemont is the new rival, he's already collected all the Gym badges, he's just following Ash to study how to defeat him in the league (lol)

Plot twist, Clemont is actually the Kalos Champion

djja

Water/grass leader
Although I did think the same about chespin being released [:(] I wouldn't think they would do that this early in the series. ESPECIALLY with a starter.

Okay, I'm sorry, I'm kinda confused on what's being discussed here. Where'd it imply that Chespin will live with the elderly couple, if it did? And if so, I honestly don't know why the writers intend to let Chespin go this early, and especially to CotD's. In order to represent their respective regions, all of the starters traditionally must stay within the MC group, so if they intended to "let Chespin go", then it'd be through a (dare I say it) trade between one MC and another.

Lorde

15 episodes and already pulling the emotional card, the writers know their game xD

I suppose it makes sense that they would do it though because Chespin is a new Pokemon for Clemont and it's not like they've been best buddies for a long time. If Chespin shows affection for the old lady, it's realistic to expect Clemont to feel that Chespin wants to stay behind. But still, I don't want any sappy moments to happen in this episode. I just want to see the full Delphox vs. Chespin battle.

Asuka

Banned
Okay, I'm sorry, I'm kinda confused on what's being discussed here. Where'd it imply that Chespin will live with the elderly couple, if it did? And if so, I honestly don't know why the writers intend to let Chespin go this early, and especially to CotD's. In order to represent their respective regions, all of the starters traditionally must stay within the MC group, so if they intended to "let Chespin go", then it'd be through a (dare I say it) trade between one MC and another.

It is just someones prediction because of a scene from the preview..

Illusio

No words, only rage
Delphox looks pretty good here and I like that animation for Mystical Fire. Outside of that, I hope that the emotional bit they're going for doesn't take up too much time or at least strengthens the bond Clemont has with Chespin.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I don't see how a preview would instantly dictate something like that. Especially after the advertising disaster that was XY013, we really can't learn to trust the previews.

I respect the poster's thinking but I agree with you that Chespin won't be getting the boot like this unless the trade thingus, hurhur

Anyway I love Delphox's animation, it's so smooth and everything a Mage is imo. Looking forward to seeing it more in action.

Lorde

Having watched the longer preview, I now know why some people assume that Clemont will think that Chespin wants to stay behind. I mean it really did seem like Chespin liked the old lady and wanted to keep eating her macaroons. And I think it's cute that Clemont assumed the worst from that. Anyway, what was that thing that Chespin crashed into?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Delphox looks so good animated. I hope this episode gets more people to appreciate it

dman_dustin

So if it doesn't involve Satoshi it's pointless?

Geez, didn't realize Clemont was going to collect gyms and enter the Pokemon league.

Overgrow and the likes are battle-oriented abilities, that serve only the purpose of hardship battles.

If Clemont isn't going to be battle heavy, excluding his eventual battle with Ash, showcasing overgrow with Chespin is pointless.

Because Ash is the battler on the team, he has a reason to have abilities like these, why Clemont? It's not really like Clemont/Chespin are going to be battling all that much, or for a purpose requiring overgrow, outside of battling Ash for Ash's 5th badge.

diakyu

Geez, didn't realize Clemont was going to collect gyms and enter the Pokemon league.

Overgrow and the likes are battle-oriented abilities, that serve only the purpose of hardship battles.

If Clemont isn't going to be battle heavy, excluding his eventual battle with Ash, showcasing overgrow with Chespin is pointless.

Because Ash is the battler on the team, he has a reason to have abilities like these, why Clemont? It's not really like Clemont/Chespin are going to be battling all that much, or for a purpose requiring overgrow, outside of battling Ash for Ash's 5th badge.
This seems a little strange to me. Why should Ash's pokemon be the ones who get to use their abilities when every pokemon has a ability? It'd be worse if Chespin never used overgrow, or any of the other non-Ash pokemon used their abilities. I'm sure Clemont will have quite a few more battles before the end of XY so why not? There's no downside to Chespin activating overgrow. I'm sure Froakie will be busting out torrent sometime, and probably sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.