• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 6: XY015 - Chespin VS Delphox! A Weight Loss Battle!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
What I've come to believe from the summary is that the all of the casts Pokemon are sent out to help Chespin lose weight by battling him. I think the Delphox vs Chespin stuff comes after all that other jazz

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
So Fennekin might score her, and Serena's, first win (granted it'd be a joke win but still) in this episode? Nice

So Fennekin might score her, and Serena's, first win (granted it'd be a joke win but still) in this episode? Nice

Wait a minute, where in the summaries or scans did it say Fennekin was going to be battling in this episode? Unless you're actually joking about this...

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Wait a minute, where in the summaries or scans did it say Fennekin was going to be battling in this episode? Unless you're actually joking about this...
Some people were speculating Fennekin might battle Chespin to get him in shape so I'm just jokingly throwing out speculations.

Some people were speculating Fennekin might battle Chespin to get him in shape so I'm just jokingly throwing out speculations.

I don't recall Fennekin being mentioned as doing such, only that it seems to be neglected from having a legit battle. And I don't think it's wise to "jokingly throw it speculations". People will get thrown off by your true meaning of that.

Joltik-Kid

I don't recall Fennekin being mentioned as doing such, only that it seems to be neglected from having a legit battle. And I don't think it's wise to "jokingly throw it speculations". People will get thrown off by your true meaning of that.
"It has a post-meal battle against Ash's Pokémon to get some exercise, but its heavy belly slows its movement too much, and it ends up losing against Froakie and the others."
The others seems to imply the other Cast Pokemon, otherwise if it's just Ash's Pokemon, it should just say Pikachu and Fletchling as 3 Pokemon are hardly that much. Again though, even if it doesn't battle, the cast Pokemon are all out because they were eating apparently

The others seems to imply the other Cast Pokemon, otherwise if it's just Ash's Pokemon, it should just say Pikachu and Fletchling as 3 Pokemon is hardly that much. Again though, even if it doesn't battle, the cast Pokemon are all out because they were eating apparently

Oh, okay. The summaries (in my opinion) were so long that I honestly doubt I fully read them. :p

Well then, if that's true, then I'd like to see how Fennekin participates in the training.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

In one of the first summary, it was mentioned that Chespin battled multiple of the group's Pokémon to get back in shape. Fennekin could've been included. :p
EDIT: Didn't see Joltik-kid coming ^^'

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In one of the first summary, it was mentioned that Chespin battled multiple of the group's Pokémon to get back in shape. Fennekin could've been included. :p
EDIT: Didn't see Joltik-kid coming ^^'

Well even if Fennekin battles Chespin, I fully expect that battle and all the other cast member Pokemon battles here to be practice battles and nothing more. I don't expect them to last longer than a few seconds each, which is also why I was wondering why Dedenne battling Chespin really mattered in the first place.

Shooting Embers at it I would assume...

Aside from that. Like, is there gonna be some complex strategies each Pokemon is gonna be assigned to so Chespin can effectively deal with multiple methods to lose weight or something? If so, I wonder what kind of duty Fennekin might have to be stuck with.

Joltik-Kid

Aside from that. Like, is there gonna be some complex strategies each Pokemon is gonna be assigned to so Chespin can effectively deal with multiple methods to lose weight or something? If so, I wonder what kind of duty Fennekin might have to be stuck with.
Don't know...summary seems to imply it loses every battle, but maybe battle is getting exaggerated here. I assume each Pokemon is trying to help it lose weight by having it dodge attacks

Don't know...summary seems to imply it loses every battle, but maybe battle is getting exaggerated here. I assume each Pokemon is trying to help it lose weight by having it dodge attacks

Well, I can't argue with that. But now that you mention that, I would love to see Chespin hop around frantically when its feet get burned by Fennekin's Ember during the training. It'd bust my gut. :D

Joltik-Kid

Well, I can't argue with that. But now that you mention that, I would love to see Chespin hop around frantically when its feet get burned by Fennekin's Ember during the training. It'd bust my gut. :D
I think the reason it loses is because it can't dodge fast enough or the Pokemon are attacking too quickly. So yeah, something like that is totally within the realm of possibility

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Wow first use of overgrow in the anime since sceptile and it goes to chespin in a semi-filler-esque episode, typical...
But atleast it's getting good development right off the bat, which is good, but I'm still praying it doesn't evolve otherwise it'll take gluttoness to the next level

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So what if it loses to Pikachu, Fletchling, Bunnelby, Fennekin, and Dedenne? Would the wins "count" for those Pokemon, or will people call plot power?

So what if it loses to Pikachu, Fletchling, Bunnelby, Fennekin, and Dedenne? Would the wins "count" for those Pokemon, or will people call plot power?

You kinda answered it, people would not even count them as wins.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I really don't think they should count since they're just part of Chespin's weight loss training. It would be really unfair to count half a dozen training battle losses against him, and I'm not even trying to defend Chespin either; I'm just trying to be objective about the whole thing since no Pokemon deserves to have practice battles used against it imo. :v

Status
Not open for further replies.