• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 8th: SM61 - Set Off! You Are Our Ultra Guardians!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Ultra Beasts have appeared on the island. On Lusamine's orders, Satoshi and the others set off as "Ultra Guardians" to capture them and send them back to the world they came from.

------

https://i.imgur.com/cP7L0RE.jpg

An Ultra Hole suddenly opens in "Melemele Meadow" and Ultra Beasts appear from within. On Lusamine's orders, Satoshi, Suiren, Lilie and the others finally set off as members of the Ultra Guardians. As they feel the tension of their first mission, their goal is to capture the Ultra Beasts and return them to the world they originally came from.

-------

Ultra Beasts have appeared in Melemele Meadow. On Lusamine's orders, Satoshi and the others set off as members of the Ultra Guardians to capture the Ultra Beasts and return them to their world.

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

-------

https://i.imgur.com/8Is4cKe.jpg

AN ULTRA ADVENTURE BEGINS!!
New developments take place in the super popular Pokémon anime!
The search for the highly mysterious Ultra Beasts begins!!

"Set Off! We Are The Ultra Guardians!!"
Satoshi and the others have been inaugurated as Ultra Guardians! They will travel around Alola in order to return the Ultra beasts to the world they came from!!

The keyword is "Ultrager"!

*Fierce battles with Ultra Beasts break out...!!?
*Pikachu gets startled by a mysterious Pokémon that suddenly appears!
*Lusamine gives Satoshi and the others their orders! Set off!

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
So an invasion? I bet this is where we see Buzzwole vs Bewear. I also wonder if Poipole appears there as well.
This might come out really good.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So the preview about Buzzwole must be this episode. Also, I wonder if this happens in Ula'ula Island, or if they're back in Melemele Island for this.

Grey Wind

So the preview about Buzzwole must be this episode. Also, I wonder if this happens in Ula'ula Island, or if they're back in Melemele Island for this.

I hope they're still on Ula'ula so we can see Nanu soon, but the sled thing sounds more like a one off. I'd say all this happens on Melemele.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Whether they're on Melemele or elsewhere doesn't matter since the preview showed the Ultra Guardians using flying Pokemon to get around.

Nothing's stopping them from going to whichever island they want to at any point.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Also, as I once said (and was pretty obvious), it seems like it's always going to be the full gang handling one Ultra Beast whenever they appear. So there's going to be no reason for anyone to get stronger whenever a UB appears all of them together will handle one UB.

Also, I wonder what will be the frequency of the UB's appearing. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep appearing every 2-3 episodes, and this whole arc of catching the beasts and sending them home ends fairly soon as well.

Remix2

Oh boy I can't wait for ash and friends to plot armor/dem There way to a win against the ultra beast.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I think this won't be an one-parter. This episode seems like prelude to whatever happens next.

Hopefully the UBs give them a tough challenge, seeing how strong Nihilego was.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Given that episodes 56-60 all look pretty uninteresting and filler like, I'm looking forward to this episode. Based on the staff list, it seems to be an important episode, so I hope it delivers

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd bet money that it's Melemele given how they love to treat the other three islands.
This would be the perfect time for Nanu to show if it's on Ula'Ula though, or give Tapu Bulu some screen time. I'm really hoping Bulu and Fini get something to do like Koko and Lele did.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I think this won't be an one-parter. This episode seems like prelude to whatever happens next.

Hopefully the UBs give them a tough challenge, seeing how strong Nihilego was.

Or someone has a pokemon use a move to take advantage of the main problem A LOT of the UB's have defensively. (4X weakness. Nihilego was only that durable because everyone was using special attack moves that the jellyfish resists anyways type wise... with Ash being the only one using a move that hits for neutral damage. "Still a special attack." Before I say anything ill against the cast... you usually never figure out their type until after the fact so they had no idea of Nihilego's allergies to ground type moves.)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wonder if the Ultra Recon Squad will debut shortly after or in this episode. Necrozma could show up as well.

Rajas

My guess is that we'd see TRio trying to capture Buzzwole in this episode, maybe Poipole would help Ash and co and that's how he'd catch it? Could see this being a two episode arc, maybe three based on how they plan to send them back to the US.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I could also see the Buzzwole part being in the episode prior to this. But doesn't matter!

I'm thinking this is all coming so early, seems like the kids should get schooled even though I know they wont :p

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So I guess Buzzwole vs Bewear happens here.

SM's tendency to rush things one again comes to the fore. Off goes the Ultra guardians arc on the road. :p

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Ultra Beasts have appeared on the island. On Lusamine's orders, Satoshi and the others set off as "Ultra Guardians" to capture them and send them back to the world they came from.
Now this is an episode I'm looking forward to; I'm looking forward to seeing the Ultra Guardians in action, as well as to seeing Ride Pokémon used more than they have been so far. Given the current strength of their teams, I expect more than one Ultra Guardian to team up against a single Ultra Beast, as right now, I'm not sure even Ash could stand against an Ultra Beast on his own.

This has got to be where we see Buzzwole vs. Bewear—a battle I am definitely looking forward to, if only to see how Bewear's godlike powers fare against an Ultra Beast. We'll most likely see the TRio, too unfortunately, since they are interested in capturing an Ultra Beast. I half-expect them to attempt to capture Buzzwole, only to realize they are in way over their heads, and Bewear ends up saving their sorry butts.

I also expect to see Poipole again—hopefully interacting, even if just a little bit, with Ash and his friends. If Ash ends up catching Poipole (and that's a big "if," as I'm not yet convinced he will, even though I would like him to), then this would be a good episode for him to first encounter Poipole. I don't necessarily expect him to actually catch Poipole yet, though. I have a feeling he might encounter it a few times before he does.

Red and Blue

So if TR are fighting Buzzole, then I wonder if the UB the guardians will face is Pheromosa?

If there is only one of them then they shouldnt have too much trouble.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So if TR are fighting Buzzole, then I wonder if the UB the guardians will face is Pheromosa?

If there is only one of them then they shouldnt have too much trouble.

Just tell Pikachu to use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt if it's only 1 UB. It's be dead a.k.a. Mother Beast Nihilego.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.