• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 8th: SM61 - Set Off! You Are Our Ultra Guardians!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Now I KNOW Bewear is one of Arceus' messengers because Buzzwole is gonna take out Pikachu with an ultra pimpslap! XD
Only one of Arceus's messengers?

You insult Bewear.

Rajas

You mean Arceus is one of Bewear's messengers. Bewear is a God walking among the peasants.

Vipsoccermaster

Has Bewear even met Arceus? A Generation VII "God" meeting a Generation IV Legendary who supposedly created the world of Pokémon?

Didn't like the way Buzzwole was sucking the life out of some Pokémon there, including Snorlax. Like others, disturbing.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Perhaps Buzzwole VS SM gang will go terribly for the gang, as they are all quite inexperienced(their teams) and it's not exactly like some of them can do much damage to Buzzwole like Steenee(sorry), or the win will feel like it was handed to them on a silver platter

World Turtle

Besides, with Poipole being brand new and mysterious, I can't see Ash catching it immediately (if he does at all).

Don't see Ash catching Poipole this episode either. From the looks of it Pikachu might meet him after being sent flying by Buzzwole. I think there is going to be a few episodes where it just watches the group before revealing itself.

I just hope the new opening reveals some team changes beside Torracat for Ash.

ShadowForce720

Not sure what thread to put this in but I don't know if any one has notice this but it's kind of funny that the middle stage starters are debuting in the same order as the basic stage starters are and here is how their debut order breaks down:

Basic stage starter debut order: Popplio(episode 1), Litten(episode 1 but showed up a few minutes after Popplio had debuted), Rowlet(episode 4)
Middle stage starter debut order: Brionne(episode 40), Torracat(episode 63), Dartrix(episode ???)

now obviously the final evolutions of the Alolan starters aren't following that order as Incineroar is debuting before Primarina.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

Honestly the best way to handle this would be if everybody does get curbstomped here. Or if somehow, Bewear is the only reason Buzzwole gets captured, which would completely undermine Ash and co's abilities.

Consider how a lot of major anime handles similar arcs like this. Usually some major new villain shows up and effortlessly wipes the floor with the main character(s). The main character(s) go trough traiming and a series of developments in order to get stronger. In this case, it would be through evolutions, captures, and new moves learned. Later, they confront the villain again and after a huge and epic battle the main character(s) manage to defeat the villain.

This would be far more preferable to watch over Pikachu and Greninja doing everything while everyone else just hangs back and watches. It would lead to more interesting and varied battles, allow everybody to shine, and be more realistic overall. And hey, it's not like the other characters have no reason to not train. Kiawe's always trying to get stronger. Lana mentioned practicing singing with Popplio, maybe that was foreshadowing it learning Sing and/or evolving, plus she's still the only main character who hasn't had a team change yet. Shiron just learned Aurora Veil which is useless without Hail, maybe Lillie could work toward learning Hail? Soph has a paltry three moves between all of his Pokemon, he's probably due as well. And Mallow... eh, I'm sure the writers will think of something.

The problem is people are assuming ths arc is going to be like the AF arc and be over with in like 20 episodes. The fact that SM62 and 63 have absolutely nothing to do with Ultra Beasts suggests it won't be.

I expect Pikachu will start to struggle but 10,000,000 volt thunderbolt activates and then used to beat Buzzwole which results in its capture

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I expect Pikachu will start to struggle but 10,000,000 volt thunderbolt activates and then used to beat Buzzwole which results in its capture

10, 000 M Thunderbolt is a one time thing for now, something else will happen

Remix2

Same given how the af arc ended, I'm expecting every ultra beast fight this arc to be solved by the dem z crystal unless proven otherwise.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
10, 000 M Thunderbolt is a one time thing for now, something else will happen

Pikachu relearns Volt Tackle for that moment, Ash and Pikachu pull off Catastropika to beat Buzzwole, before Pikachu conveniently forgets Volt Tackle again.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Pikachu relearns Volt Tackle for that moment, Ash and Pikachu pull off Catastropika to beat Buzzwole, before Pikachu conveniently forgets Volt Tackle again.

Given that no Pokemon has relearned a move in the anime so far, that can plausibly be ruled out.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Given that no Pokemon has relearned a move in the anime so far, that can plausibly be ruled out.

Yeah I know that. I merely said that in jest to come up with something more ridiculous and DEM than 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah I know that. I merely said that in jest to come up with something more ridiculous and DEM than 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt.

Well that was still almost the most powerful move used by Ash's Pokemon in the entire anime. :p I really hope that the writers give a better explanation of 10,000,000 Volt thunderbolt when Ash uses it the next time. though(I'm pretty sure he will).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
that is not true. Pansage did relearn bite in the black and white series

Did it relearn Bite? Hmm, don't remember correctly, but to relearn it Pansage had to forget Bite in the first place.

Rohanator

Pansage kept switching between having Bite and Dig in its moveset through out most of BW, the writers never really made up their minds and just used whatever was more convenient in any given moment. So it basically had 5 moves but only ever used 4 at a time, so it's not really a case of forgetting and relearning.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Pansage kept switching between having Bite and Dig in its moveset through out most of BW, the writers never really made up their minds and just used whatever was more convenient in any given moment. So it basically had 5 moves but only ever used 4 at a time, so it's not really a case of forgetting and relearning.

IIRC I noticed that it was a specific writer that kept using Bite despite it learning Rock Tomb.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The second preview gives a strong feeling that Pikachu vs Buzzwole would be the main center of attention in this episode.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Honestly, I would love if Pikachu relearned volt tackle (or rather, never forgot it but just didn't use it), and, seeing everything the writers have done, 5 move Pikachu seems plausible if it only uses four moves in one battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.