• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 8th: SM61 - Set Off! You Are Our Ultra Guardians!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Just wondering that does anyone think that there's a chance of Ash catching Poipole in this episode? I won't be too surprised if that happens TBH.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just wondering that does anyone think that there's a chance of Ash catching Poipole in this episode? I won't be too surprised if that happens TBH.

I have a very strong feeling that that will happen but I can't guarantee it because there's still a chance that Ash will catch it at the end of the arc.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I have a very strong feeling that that will happen but I can't guarantee it because there's still a chance that Ash will catch it at the end of the arc.

Well Poipole seems to be playing around with Pikachu, so it's possible that Poipole takes a liking towards Ash and Pikachu, and later on helps Pikachu in taking down Buzzwole.

In this process, Ash and Poipole bond together, and at the end of the episode Poipole says that it wants to come with Ash, and then Ash captures it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well Poipole seems to be playing around with Pikachu, so it's possible that Poipole takes a liking towards Ash and Pikachu, and later on helps Pikachu in taking down Buzzwole.

In this process, Ash and Poipole bond together, and at the end of the episode Poipole says that it wants to come with Ash, and then Ash captures it.

Well in the new poster right, it was already obvious that Poipole is bonding with Ash and in a preview of this episode, Poipole was seen playing with Pikachu and therefore is bonding with it. So yeah, I'm expecting Ash to catch it sooner rather than later, which I just said that I had a strong feeling that it will happen, but a possibility that it will be later caught because Ash usually captures Pokémon within an episode after he bonds with them. I do see Poipole helping Pikachu defeat a Buzzwole so that the writers could showcase Poipole's powers as an Ultra Beast but at this stage it may not be able to single-handedly defeat Ultra Beasts.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

I don't think so, at least not in this episode. I'm not ruling out Ash catching Poipole eventually, but catching it in this episode seems too soon. Like most Mythical and rare Pokémon, I'm pretty sure Rotomdex won't be able to identify Poipole. Poipole will take a liking to Ash and Pikachu and will probably playfully follow them for a while.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't think so, at least not in this episode. I'm not ruling out Ash catching Poipole eventually, but catching it in this episode seems too soon. Like most Mythical and rare Pokémon, I'm pretty sure Rotomdex won't be able to identify Poipole. Poipole will take a liking to Ash and Pikachu and will probably playfully follow them for a while.

It also possible that after Pikachu get blown into a tree by Buzzwole, then Ash and co. come face to face to Poipole for the first time. The possibility of Poipole then helping Ash and Pikachu in taking down Buzzwole can't be ruled out in that situation TBH. That would help Ash and Poipole to bond well quickly.

Also, a Pokemon doesn't nessecarily needs to identified for Ash to capture it. If Poipole bonds with Ash well and wants to come with Ash, I see no reason why Ash won't capture it, especially when he has Beast Balls with him. At the very least, Ash and co. would be able to make an estimation that Poipole is an Ultra Beast.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm with Akkipeddi on this one. I think this episode is too soon for Ash to catch Poipole (assuming he does catch it, of course). I think Poipole will spend a few episodes stalking following Ash around before he catches it.

It also possible that after Pikachu get blown into a tree by Buzzwole, then Ash and co. come face to face to Poipole for the first time. The possibility of Poipole then helping Ash and Pikachu in taking down Buzzwole can't be ruled out in that situation TBH. That would help Ash and Poipole to bond well quickly.
Even if Ash and Poipole bond in this episode, that doesn't mean Ash will catch it in this episode. Poipole may run off before Ash has a chance to catch it, or Ash may not have any particular interest in catching it at first. (Despite his goal to catch them all, he doesn't always leap at the opportunity to catch new Pokémon.) I'm not ruling out the possibility of Poipole helping Ash and co. defeat Buzzwole, but that doesn't mean that aid will lead to a capture right away.

dman_dustin

I have to ask, with all the titles being spoiled......where the hell is Poipole?

This is the only episode revealed about it, and despite it supposedly having a big role they seem to focusing on non-ultra beast storyline, that I just don't understand what's going on with Poipole.

Honestly if nothing happens here (aka capture), I'm going to be confused why they even bothered with this episode at this time frame, instead of sticking it closer to when the real Ultra Beast arc begins.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I have to ask, with all the titles being spoiled......where the hell is Poipole?

This is the only episode revealed about it, and despite it supposedly having a big role they seem to focusing on non-ultra beast storyline, that I just don't understand what's going on with Poipole.

Honestly if nothing happens here (aka capture), I'm going to be confused why they even bothered with this episode at this time frame, instead of sticking it closer to when the real Ultra Beast arc begins.
This episode is probably meant to introduce a couple of other Ultra Beasts (Poipole and Buzzwole, even if Ash and his friends only meet the latter) and what exactly the Ultra Guardians are tasked to do. I've said this before, but I don't know why people are assuming the Ultra Beast arc is going to be like the Aether Foundation arc—a self-contained arc—when it might be more like the Zygarde arc in XY&Z—an arc spread out over many, many episodes, interspersed among other arcs and filler episodes. In that case, having this episode followed by other episodes that have seemingly nothing to do with the Ultra Beast arc isn't that surprising.

Poipole may appear briefly in the other episodes, perhaps watching Ash from a distance. We won't know for sure unless the previews for these other episodes show Poipole; and even if they don't, that doesn't mean Poipole won't make a brief cameo. As for why Poipole isn't in any of the other episode titles that have been revealed... It's simply that none of the other episodes revealed so far focus on Poipole.

dman_dustin

This episode is probably meant to introduce a couple of other Ultra Beasts (Poipole and Buzzwole, even if Ash and his friends only meet the latter) and what exactly the Ultra Guardians are tasked to do. I've said this before, but I don't know why people are assuming the Ultra Beast arc is going to be like the Aether Foundation arc—a self-contained arc—when it might be more like the Zygarde arc in XY&Z—an arc spread out over many, many episodes, interspersed among other arcs and filler episodes. In that case, having this episode followed by other episodes that have seemingly nothing to do with the Ultra Beast arc isn't that surprising.
At the point in the revealed titles there will be at least a 4 episode gap, more than likely more.

It seems weird to have Ultra Beasts be sporadic, when you consider that in the games (not Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, as I haven't seen/played them), though maybe it was scripted but the Ultra Beast arc was consecutive. One Ultra Beast after another.

As to translate that into these sorts of episodes, either we should've gotten a Poipole episode, or at least a semi related Ultra Beast episode by now.

I'm not saying there has to be consecutive plots about it, but removing the Ultra Guardians/Ultra Beasts at a four episode gap, with Only the Litten episode, more than likely being the only truly relevant episode (though Ilmia's appearance is fine I guess) is actually bizarre.

It just feels like they don't know what pacing is....and truthfully they don't, as I can't remember any time Pokemon has ever had good pacing.

As for why Poipole isn't in any of the other episode titles that have been revealed... It's simply that none of the other episodes revealed so far focus on Poipole.
Obviously....and that's why its a problem for me because unless it joins Ash in this episode (capture or not), the sheer at least sheer 4 episode gap, of it not doing anything is just strange.

ESPECIALLY if its supposed to be Ash's next capture, it's been quite awhile since Ash caught Litten, at this point, that Litten is already going to evolve.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
At the point in the revealed titles there will be at least a 4 episode gap, more than likely more.

It seems weird to have Ultra Beasts be sporadic, when you consider that in the games (not Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, as I haven't seen/played them), though maybe it was scripted but the Ultra Beast arc was consecutive. One Ultra Beast after another.

As to translate that into these sorts of episodes, either we should've gotten a Poipole episode, or at least a semi related Ultra Beast episode by now.
The Ultra Beast arc was also post-game material in Sun and Moon, whereas it's a central arc in the anime. (I know the Ultra Beasts are more important in USUM, but I haven't finished playing that game yet, so I don't know the details.) Besides, anime =/= games. The writers are not obligated to perfectly adapt game elements into the anime. They are allowed to put their own spin on things.

Obviously....and that's why its a problem for me because unless it joins Ash in this episode (capture or not), the sheer at least sheer 4 episode gap, of it not doing anything is just strange.

ESPECIALLY if its supposed to be Ash's next capture, it's been quite awhile since Ash caught Litten, at this point, that Litten is already going to evolve.
How is a four-episode gap strange if the writers plan on stretching out this arc over many, many episodes, with other arcs (e.g., Ash's Island Challenge) and filler episodes in between? The Zygarde arc was spread out over many, many episodes, with plenty of episodes that had nothing to do with Zygarde in between the episodes that did.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm with Akkipeddi on this one. I think this episode is too soon for Ash to catch Poipole (assuming he does catch it, of course). I think Poipole will spend a few episodes stalking following Ash around before he catches it.

Even if Ash and Poipole bond in this episode, that doesn't mean Ash will catch it in this episode. Poipole may run off before Ash has a chance to catch it, or Ash may not have any particular interest in catching it at first. (Despite his goal to catch them all, he doesn't always leap at the opportunity to catch new Pokémon.) I'm not ruling out the possibility of Poipole helping Ash and co. defeat Buzzwole, but that doesn't mean that aid will lead to a capture right away.

Hmm, after the revealing of the recent titles, I'd agree with dman_dustin. None of the next 4 episodes(after this one) are UG arc related. After debuting Poipole in this episode and giving it a (supposedly) important role, 4 episodes non-related to the UG arc sound really ridiculous. Because after debuting it'd get to do nothing for 4 episodes straight away. -->In that case debuting Poipole later made much more sense than here.

So only seemingly plausible reason for Poipole (properly) debuting here are meeting up with Ash and co. is if Ash çaptures Poipole here.

Red and Blue

Yeah I seriously doubt Ash is catching Poipole here. Since Ash will be dealing with Buzzwole I think at most Ash will catch a glimpse of Poipole before it floats away.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah I seriously doubt Ash is catching Poipole here. Since Ash will be dealing with Buzzwole I think at most Ash will catch a glimpse of Poipole before it floats away.

Poipole is literally shown playing with Pikachu, so it isn't exactly a glimpse. And regarding Ash dealing with Buzzwole, it's very much possible that Poipole helps Ash and Pikachu in taking down Buzzwole.

Red and Blue

Poipole is literally shown playing with Pikachu, so it isn't exactly a glimpse. And regarding Ash dealing with Buzzwole, it's very much possible that Poipole helps Ash and Pikachu in taking down Buzzwole.

Even if Poipole helps I don't think that will be enough for Poipole to want to join Ash right away. At most it will take a interest in him which will lead to its capture a few episodes later.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Even if Poipole helps I don't think that will be enough for Poipole to want to join Ash right away. At most it will take a interest in him which will lead to its capture a few episodes later.

Did you forget Ash's Froakie, who helped Ash in fighting TR and join Ash in the same episode?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Yes, Poipole is shown playing with Pikachu, not with Ash. Ash and Poipole are never shown together. What if Ash and Pikachu are separated at some point, and that's when Pikachu meets Poipole? I'm not saying that will happen, but unless there is a preview for this episode that shows Ash himself interacting with Poipole, we can't say for absolute certain that he will. It's speculation at best.

Red and Blue

Did you forget Ash's Froakie, who helped Ash in fighting TR and join Ash in the same episode?

So? There's been plenty of Ash's Pokemon that weren't caught in their debut episode. Litten and Rockruff being the two most recent examples. Also the fact that none of the upcoming episodes are focusing on Poipole gives me the implication that it isn't getting caught here.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So? There's been plenty of Ash's Pokemon that weren't caught in their debut episode.
True, but that example proves that there is a possibility that Poipole bonds with Ash by helping him+ is caught in this episode.

Litten and Rockruff being the two most recent examples. Also the fact that none of the upcoming episodes are focusing on Poipole gives me the implication that it isn't getting caught here.
Neither did Rowlet or Litten get one that soon though(after capture).

Status
Not open for further replies.