• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 9th: PM2019 012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This isn't an exhibition match. This is the battle to decide the strongest trainer in the whole world, interrupting this battle would be one of the worst things the writers could do. Then again, Yonemura kinda tends to interrupt battles.

I just can't see them deciding between Lance and Leon tbh. Also the strongest trainer is the world is Cynthia so this isn't even a contest lol.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I just can't see them deciding between Lance and Leon tbh. Also the strongest trainer is the world is Cynthia so this isn't even a contest lol.
I'm pretty sure they're trying to imply this tournament is why Cynthia isn't recognized as the strongest in the world.

Red and Blue

Since when was Cynthia confirmed to be the strongest in the world?

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Cynthia gets a invite and decides to go and her match is the second one so she decided to watch the first one but wants a snack.She walks over to the snack booth which is run by Team Rocket of course but she runs into a problem.She can’t decide what ice cream flavor to get because there’s tons.Then fans start crowding the stand wanting Cynthias autograph and being the great person she is Cynthia signs every one then realizes her match has ended but Cynthia isn’t mad because she knows she could’ve won easily and can you guess who her opponent was?Ritchie!He is excited that he “beat” Cynthia and looses his next match due to over confidence.:)

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It's not "obvious." The episode didn't even air yet and we don't know if every single Champion of other regions were invited to this tournament, or even if it was only Champions that are participating. It's also not "obvious" that as soon as Alola gets a proper Elite 4 going that Ash would be thrown off his spot automatically because he doesn't "have six Elite 4 or Champion tier Pokemon." These are just facts that you're fabricating when at the end of the day, we know nothing and the writers can make Ash as strong or weak as they please at the snap of a finger. We can't even discern how strong PM 2019 Ash is because Ash has yet to go all out or actually be challenged in a Pokemon battle.

And oh, powerscaling is most definitely opinionated. I don't even think it's possible to powerscale without having some bias in there unless the author actually explicitly ranks the characters themselves with numbers. Case in point, no one can seem to agree whether Greninja is "champion tier" or not because of his showing against Diantha. And no one can agree if Ash's entire Alola / Orange Island's team is "champion tier" or not because they faced off and defeated Kukui's and Drake's team. Similar to how you're arguing that Drake and Kukui are not "real" champions while others think that they are. Or how some people here like to argue that Diantha probably fell out of bed backwards and sprained her ankle and was spiked up on coffee on the day that she faced Ash and hence Greninja's showing against her was a fluke. Powerscaling is doused in opinions.

If there are some champions that won't be participating it's obvious they didn't bother to show up. He wouldn't be thrown off automatically but probably challenge Ash to battle where Ash would get thrown off.
This "writers can do anything" stuff is so overused on this site it's really annoying. Like NSS( no sh*t Sherlock) annoying. Of course writers can do anything. But we're talking about feats and facts that are given to us in the time which proves that current Ash's Pokemon are not E4 except Charizard and Peakachu. That's why I said in other comment that if writers decide to throw in Sceptile, Infernape we will see how strong are those Pokemon, which obviously writers are dodging that. DP is last time we have seen old Ash's Pokemon battle which is 9 years ago. Ash only possessed 3 Pokemon that went in E4 level: Pika, Chari and Greninja.

Powerscaling is definitely NOT opinionated it's based on facts and feats. Powerscaling is not " which battle you like the most or which is the best series". Liking = subjective, powerscaling = objective.
About powerscaling and bias it depends on the users, there are tons of users like me who are neutral who are looking at both sides and episodes to determine which Pokemon is stronger and which level they are. Even if I like/dislike someone more. Example, I like Ash's Sceptile and Infernape more than Peakachu and Greninja but P and G > them, that's a fact.

People who disagree with facts are wrong, obviously. Greninja is not "champion tier" he's more mid-high E4 tier based on Diantha's feat. He made Base Gardevoir evolve, that's a fact which automatically means he's E4 level. No one claimed he was champion tier. Kantonian and Alolan Pokemon are definitely not even E4 tier except said SM Peakachu. Those are all feats and facts presented in episodes and with certain logic involved.

People who think Kukui is real champion are wrong. Drake is stated to be a champion in the anime and that's fact. Kukui is nowhere near stated that he's a Champion, he's just a professor. Diantha= what? Again, powerscaling has nothing to do with opinions, it's all in feats and facts. Based on your logic if someone says that Krillin is stronger than Kefla it's just an opinion, or if someone says that Naruto would beat Goku it's just opinion. Lmao no, they'd be wrong. I hate how people who never had powerscaling debates over years try to act smart and teach people who had powerscaling debates in years and years like me. I lived on powerscaling debates when it comes to DBZ and Naruto and sometimes DC, this is my field, so I know what I am talking about..

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It’d actually be nice if Lance had a Gen VIII Dragon like Dragapult. Or he can teach Leon who’s the real better Pokemon with a Fisheous Rend from Dracovish.

hatching-chick.png
What?This is little bit cringe-y, not gonna lie.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm pretty sure they're trying to imply this tournament is why Cynthia isn't recognized as the strongest in the world.

They could imply whatever they want but Cynthia would wreck Leon lol.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
They could imply whatever they want but Cynthia would wreck Leon lol.
But Cynthia is so easy to beat in the games with little to no preparation. Leon is gonna destroy Lance without breaking a sweat. The only Dragon Trainer he considers his rival is Raihan.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They should’ve used Raihan here instead tbh.

Unless we have information about who participated in this, Leon winning wouldn’t be indicative of Cynthia’s strength.

It really should have been honestly. I'm not really a fan of them having Leon beat the superior Lance or Cynthia, if they have Ash beat the "undefeated" champion and had said "undefeated" champion take out most of the champions.... that's basically saying "Ash is the best" in the most laziest way. I'd rather see Ash battle Lance, Cynthia, Steven, and Alder rather than beat somebody who beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.