• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 9th: PM2019 012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Not at first, she isn't. I vividly remember her whole team has perfect IVs and have counters to types they're weak against.

To be fair, everybody has different experiences with the games and their team makeups going into a champion match. I know people who got their butts handed to them by Diantha but swept Cynthia and Leon with little issue. For me it was the opposite, Diantha was a breeze but I felt the pressure with Cynthia and Leon's teams.

I really hope that in the episode they clarify the background of this tournament. By that I mean like was this champion's only or any notable strong trainer. Also it would be nice to see the brackets leading up to this final match if the other champions did indeed attend...although I imagine that would create quite the s***storm.

Also the biggest question is will this battle spur on Ash's goal for this series? Hopefully, this will lead him to actually battle his fellow champions. Or at the very least work his way up to being able to face them

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To be fair, everybody has different experiences with the games and their team makeups going into a champion match. I know people who got their butts handed to them by Diantha but swept Cynthia and Leon with little issue. For me it was the opposite, Diantha was a breeze but I felt the pressure with Cynthia and Leon's teams.
Easy.

Diantha was an easy opponent because she just happened to be in the same generation where the Exp. Share shared experience for all team members, making it veeery easy to overlevel.

Cynthia was hard because there weren't enough resources to level grind fast in the game; something the next generation fixed with Audino encounters.

Leon is in a special place because his team happens to be 7 levels or higher than the last strong team a player has to defeat, but he's a cakewalk if people bothered to participate in Max Raid battles and used the candies to level up at an alarmingly fast rate.

Only Cynthia remained hard.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Also Charizard is a horrible Pokemon to be an ace. The rock moves work well! Had Lycanroc been in SWSH, his "unbeatable" Charizard would die faster from it compared to any other move.

and yet what beat Greninja in the Kalos League?

types don't apply as much in the anime as they do the games.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Also Charizard is a horrible Pokemon to be an ace. The rock moves work well! Had Lycanroc been in SWSH, his "unbeatable" Charizard would die faster from it compared to any other move.
I lost to that Charizard because I outlasted its GMAX form and it got the Ancient Power boosts immediately afterward.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Diantha was an easy opponent because she just happened to be in the same generation where the Exp. Share shared experience for all team members, making it veeery easy to overlevel.

Well, it doesn't help that the game is basically built to be easy without exp share. Seriously, not having pokemon with four moves is okay at the early part of the game, but Wulfric? I literally steam rolled him spamming by ice beam against ice types. Candace was a harder gym leader.

Rune Knight

Guys this is ridiculous. We shouldn't be arguing like this. Instead, we should be more mature and rationalize our differences by beating each other senseless like normal people would.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Guys this is ridiculous. We shouldn't be arguing like this. Instead, we should be more mature and rationalize our differences by beating each other senseless like normal people would.
Alright then let’s take this outside rather than decide whether or not Cynthia got ice cream or a sandwich

Red and Blue

Anyone want to place bets on the fact that this episode will turn out to be nothing like people think it will be?
Well we already know Leon and Lance will battle and Leon will most likely win. Not sure what else to expect

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Wonder if Leon will be impressed that Ash is champion of Alola?

he might, I just hope he doesn't laugh it off, cause i'm expecting a certain character to do so if he appears in the anime.

I do have to wonder, if Leon has to rely on gigantamaxing to win, is that really a testament to his true strength?

it's one thing when trainers are on equal footing, using the same external components that can effect the battle against one another (or freaking close as AG wasn't a true mega, but it was close enough) but if one uses said tool and the other does not is it really fair?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
But Cynthia is so easy to beat in the games with little to no preparation. Leon is gonna destroy Lance without breaking a sweat. The only Dragon Trainer he considers his rival is Raihan.

I literally felt zero challenge fighting Leon, I'm pretty sure I one shotted most of his team and I was at similar levels to all his pokemon. Cynthia on the other hand had a pretty powerful team from what I remember.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Lol. These comparisons between trainers are so pointless and unnecessary.

We do not even know if other Elites/Champions other than Lance even bothered showing up to this competition.

And who cares who is stronger and weaker? This thread isn't even about that

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Guys, Cynthia is an archeologist. She is more interested on studying/learning history than wasting time with show-offs like Leon or pitiful guys like Lance (only a region champ in the games because Red and Blue had better things to do)

Rose clearly lobbied with King Masuda so no Lycanrocs would be allowed on Galar, which helps Leon keeping his reputation which is convenient for them

Status
Not open for further replies.