• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 9th: PM2019 012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Oh Arceus, we're spending some episodes in Isshu...

Just please tell me we'll get some Isshu characters out of the deal.

To add insult to injury, this pretty much means more Galar characters will debut in Twilight Wings before the Show (if they get to be in the Show at all...:confused:)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
while it's nice to see Lance still has that thing and it does make sense from a type standpoint, I also question why he's not using his ace.

of course Gyarados can mega-evolve, so there's that, heck we had an episode where they put Z-moves against Mega Evolution, wouldn't surprise me if Gigantamaxing is next.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I find it hard to believe that was the original intention. Anyway, if they called him a Champion back then, they should still call him that now. It doesn't matter if there are three people below him or four. I'll wait for the actual episode to render the verdict. This summary doesn't refer to Leon as a Champion, either.

It isn't that hard to stick to the GSC version where it's one set shared between two regions and led by Lance as a Champion. Since this is the World Championship rather than a regional Champion League, Lorelei and Agatha could still compete even if they retired from the Elite Four (that's how the PWT handled retired gym leaders).
He easily could have lost the title in the time in between. Champion isn't something you are for life.

D

Deleted member 384931

Wonder when we will see Kalos and Alola episodes. But its a good fight I am looking forward to it.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Another Lizardon, Satoshi got a Kairyu/Barrierd, we have Gyarados, now Gangar at focus. Hibanny doesn’t get to do much aside from chill out. I should really give up on the Galarian Pokémon getting their shine since all we’ve gotten is KAAAaaannnttttooooo and shillmons like Pochama. The line about the Pokémon representing each region annoys me when it’s Kanto v. Kanto.

dman_dustin

Ash: Wow, it's Lance!
Go: Huh, you know him?
Ash: Nope! First time I've seen him!

Which would be weird since he has a red Gyarados, and only previous anime only Lance could've had a red Gyarados so semi continuity would be weird.

dman_dustin

Wasn't he referred to as a champion in the lake of rage episodes? I remember him Being called that and i dont think it was a dub only thing

Was he referred to explicitly as the Kanto Champion, because there is a difference between Johto and Kanto.

And Lance was never the Kanto champion, but he was the Johto champion (games wise, again I'm not sure about anime that's why I'm asking)

Sure, why wouldn't they call him the Johto champion instead of Kanto Elite Four, but I'm sure its whatever. Plus I guess it is weird to have an Elite Four member actually battling a champion of another region in a contest to see who the greatest is, as that might presumably imply an Elite Four member beat Cynthia for example (not that it actually happened, and the writers always have questionable story/plots that ultimately contradict each other, or not clear enough, so I shouldn't expect more.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Was he referred to explicitly as the Kanto Champion, because there is a difference between Johto and Kanto.

And Lance was never the Kanto champion, but he was the Johto champion (games wise, again I'm not sure about anime that's why I'm asking)

Sure, why wouldn't they call him the Johto champion instead of Kanto Elite Four, but I'm sure its whatever. Plus I guess it is weird to have an Elite Four member actually battling a champion of another region in a contest to see who the greatest is, as that might presumably imply an Elite Four member beat Cynthia for example (not that it actually happened, and the writers always have questionable story/plots that ultimately contradict each other, or not clear enough, so I shouldn't expect more.

The kanto and the johto champion are the same thing. They share a league.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm so ****ing happy they're not pulling a Steven on Lance, seeing him with Red Gyarados is pure awesome!
And also basically confirms it is indeed a Mega vs Gigantimax battle like I thought it'd be

Though it is annoying they're downgrading him from a Champion to a Elite Four member... why? Unless they actually plan on introducing the Johto Elite Four then I don't see the freaking point

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm so ****ing happy they're not pulling a Steven on Lance, seeing him with Red Gyarados is pure awesome!
And also basically confirms it is indeed a Mega vs Gigantimax battle like I thought it'd be

Though it is annoying they're downgrading him from a Champion to a Elite Four member... why? Unless they actually plan on introducing the Johto Elite Four then I don't see the freaking point
Ash could still say something stupid about meeting Lance the first time or forget who Lance even is, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.