• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 9th: PM2019 012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
No, the three silhouetted people who won the Indigo League were never named. John Dickson is the name of the character of the day that won the Johto League beating Harrison because of the fact that Harrison wasn't able to use his Blaziken do to it being to injured from it's previous match against Ash's Charizard.
Oh, right. Ash actually screwed the League-Only Rival that one time.

And has never done so after that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Personally I want Lance to win but that's probably not gonna happen since they have to hype Leon up *sighs*...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Personally I want Lance to win but that's probably not gonna happen since they have to hype Leon up *sighs*...

Same. I actually like Lance, he's an interesting character and *gasp* powerful but they don't remember you about it every 5 seconds! Plus Megas are better
I don't give a **** about Leon(He's boring and they tried way too hard on making him seem a big deal. His only personality trait is getting lost... so interesting!) but if they're hyping him up as a powerful unbeatable character, then hopefully it ends with Ash kicking his ass in the final episodes. I don't want it to be another XY situation with a certain Gary Stu and his Zard X where Ash loses in the end and it felt like a colossal waste of time.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The Pokémon World Championships is a tournament to determine the best Trainer in the world! It transcends regions and is open to all!
*The stadium is packed! This is incredibly huge tournament that attracts the attention of the entire world!

I was under the impression this was some super elite invitational. Guess not.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kein said:
Again, Leon isn't being called a Champion, either. I'd take these summaries with a grain of salt, but they're at the same level regardless (and yes, the outcome is predictable anyway because they're promoting a giant Charizard).

Then are we supposed to assume that he hasn't achieved Champion status in the anime yet, and that winning this battle is what will make him Galar's official Champion?

U.N. Owen said:
I was under the impression this was some super elite invitational. Guess not.

Even though it seems open to all, realistically speaking only incredibly powerful trainers like Dande would be able to win anyway, so it probably doesn't matter that normal trainers can also compete since they'd be doomed to failure regardless.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
D

Deleted member 384931

Whats in it for Ash? I mean how can he combine being a research fellow and a Galar gym participant/world champion participant? How would he have to qualify if he enters the world championships? And if you are honest:is a championships not a lot more challenging than regular gyms?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Whats in it for Ash? I mean how can he combine being a research fellow and a Galar gym participant/world champion participant?
I don't think that should be an issue. I mean: the premise of this episode is that Sakuragi sends Ash and Go to watch a tournament lmao. So I assume they have a lot of freedom. And in episodes before, Ash just randomly decided to visit Hoenn with Go. So I don't think there's need to worry about that aspect.

And if you are honest:is a championships not a lot more challenging than regular gyms?
I mean, probably? But considering that writers gave Ash a Dragonite out of nowhere, perhaps they're intending for more challenge in this series.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I don't know why people though Lance was the Kanto/Johto Champion in the anime.

Kasumi: Ano... Moshikashite anata wa Wataru-san ja arimasen ka?
Takeshi: Sou da! Shitennou no chanpion no Wataru-san da!

So we're going to ignore that in the games for Kanto we had Bruno, Agatha, Lorelei, Lance

And in the Johto we had Karen, Will, Koga, Bruno, and Lance.

And that Lance only appeared in the 2nd generation anime, where he caught red Gyarados (which was a 2nd generation concept).

And there's only ONE Elite Four and Champion? (maybe at the time)

The second gen takes place a couple years after the first, and has you travel to Kanto to challenge the one and only Elite Four/Champion, because that's where it's located. It wasn't until gen 3 they started retconning in that all regions had their own leagues and Elite Fours. This has obviously caused a bit of an issue when they have to reference the fact that Kanto and Jouto share the same league apparently just because.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
but does the battle actually take place? this is the pokemon anime we are talking about i bet they will find someway to avoid them battling or showing the conclusion, my money is on Leon getting lost to the battle since hes really bad with directions.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I don't give a **** about Leon(He's boring and they tried way too hard on making him seem a big deal. His only personality trait is getting lost... so interesting!) but if they're hyping him up as a powerful unbeatable character, then hopefully it ends with Ash kicking his ass in the final episodes. I don't want it to be another XY situation with a certain Gary Stu and his Zard X where Ash loses in the end and it felt like a colossal waste of time.
Alan was not a Gary-Stu, he was literally the most flawed character in the whole series who made constant mistakes at all times. Being manipulated by Flare, hurting his friend’s feelings, even his own Pokémon thought strangely of him, in the end of he gave up on battling and his stones because of his actions and felt deeply ashamed. You know you can dislike characters like Gou, Alan, Suiren, or whoever without throwing around terms incorrectly.

Amazing how it took so long to see the Kanto Champion in action (yes I consider him a champion). I’m way more interested in E4 members and the like when they aren’t portrayed as broken, perfect fighters who’s Pokémon can stand still, take punishment then go onto OHKO. That was always ridiculous to me and a true sign the anime was stagnant.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Alain was a mess of a character and full of cheesy tropes. Plain and simple.
Whats in it for Ash? I mean how can he combine being a research fellow and a Galar gym participant/world champion participant?
We just went through him messing around being a student and shoehorning his Island Challenge duties whenever he liked (which was veeeeeeeeery odd for someone like him, like the complete opposite of how he was in early AG).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Will Ash dynamax his Pokémon at one point? I mean he also skipped Mega Evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.