• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 9th: PM2019 012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Unless they found a way to deal with this, Dynamax/Gigantamax requires the pokémon to go back to the Pokéball
And in over 20 years this only happened once in an AU movie
I wonder how they will deal with this... They seem to avoid it compared to Z-moves

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Unless they found a way to deal with this, Dynamax/Gigantamax requires the pokémon to go back to the Pokéball

It doesn't require the Pokemon to go back to the pokeball what? It is just a beam of light. And considering how z moves are so much different in the anime where the Pokemon don't need to hold them, they can easily bypass them. Is this seriously your argument against Pikachu gigantamaxing ? Ash definitely gigantamaxes his Pikachu lol

D

Deleted member 384931

It doesn't require the Pokemon to go back to the pokeball what? It is just a beam of light. And considering how z moves are so much different in the anime where the Pokemon don't need to hold them, they can easily bypass them. Is this seriously your argument against Pikachu gigantamaxing ? Ash definitely gigantamaxes his Pikachu lol

I arent sure yet. With the region hopping and he can only use it in Galar.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Explain how wild Pokemon Dynamax then? Also Pikachu got caught in a clone ball in movie 1.

JoaquinLorie

Apart from the huge battle: What are the predictions?
1. Ash will start to go more frequently to Galar inspired by Leon?
2. Is Pocket Monsters 2019 going to be super long impying that:
a. Ash is actually inspired by Lance and rechallenges Kanto league?
b. Ash keeps going through all the region with random episodes for about 2 more years, getting captures, training his old pokemon.
-After 2-3 years the Galar animes comes out? After a lot of DLC in the actual games, more content, so the anime takes shape based on it?

D

Deleted member 384931

b. Ash keeps going through all the region with random episodes for about 2 more years, getting captures, training his old pokemon.
-After 2-3 years the Galar animes comes out? After a lot of DLC in the actual games, more content, so the anime takes shape based on it?

Number 2 is not realstic. Number one is, but I don't feel it

dman_dustin

Explain how wild Pokemon Dynamax then? Also Pikachu got caught in a clone ball in movie 1.

I'm going to theorize (which might be wrong), but a wild Pokemon can only Dynamax or even Gigantamax only if its exposed to the dynamax phenomenon for a long period of time, I know that Snorlax in the anime just decided to Gigantamax suddenly, but I'll take that to mean Snorlax did absorb a lot of that type of energy. It would have to make sense that way given that you can't Dynamax everywhere (at least if I'm correct) why it could Gigantamax there, I'll take it to likely being anime mechanics.

Perhaps, caught Pokemon can no longer absorb the energy to trigger the reaction normally, since I don't recall an instance of that happening, it's always been with a Poke ball, right? A character didn't just send out a Pokemon and it automatically dynamaxed, right? Or did that happen? I don't know.

Anime mechanics could throwaway the need for a Pokemon to have the Gigantamax factor, it makes sense Gamefreak would impose technical limitations so that not every Pokemon could Gigantamax but could at least Dynamax, I think the anime could easily take liberties and just allow any Pokemon they want to Gigantamax.

Although to be honest I'd prefer they focus more on Mega evolutions and Z-moves, to be honest, since those can happen anywhere.

I actually wonder if Lance will mega evolve Gyarados or not.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm going to theorize (which might be wrong), but a wild Pokemon can only Dynamax or even Gigantamax only if its exposed to the dynamax phenomenon for a long period of time, I know that Snorlax in the anime just decided to Gigantamax suddenly, but I'll take that to mean Snorlax did absorb a lot of that type of energy. It would have to make sense that way given that you can't Dynamax everywhere (at least if I'm correct) why it could Gigantamax there, I'll take it to likely being anime mechanics.

Perhaps, caught Pokemon can no longer absorb the energy to trigger the reaction normally, since I don't recall an instance of that happening, it's always been with a Poke ball, right? A character didn't just send out a Pokemon and it automatically dynamaxed, right? Or did that happen? I don't know.

Anime mechanics could throwaway the need for a Pokemon to have the Gigantamax factor, it makes sense Gamefreak would impose technical limitations so that not every Pokemon could Gigantamax but could at least Dynamax, I think the anime could easily take liberties and just allow any Pokemon they want to Gigantamax.

Although to be honest I'd prefer they focus more on Mega evolutions and Z-moves, to be honest, since those can happen anywhere.

I actually wonder if Lance will mega evolve Gyarados or not.
The Perrserker that Dynamaxed on Route 7 in game where there are no nearby Raid Dens disagrees with this theory. All one needs is a sufficient amount of Dynamax energy, like say, the overflow from the Chairman's experiments.

Leonhart

Imagineer
JoaquinLorie said:

I don't really have any predictions involving Satoshi in this episode, although I really hope that Satoshi won't have to challenge the Kanto League again even on the off chance that Dande's appearance here inspires Satoshi to enter the World Championship circuit later on. That'd be a significant waste of time.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The Perrserker that Dynamaxed on Route 7 in game where there are no nearby Raid Dens disagrees with this theory. All one needs is a sufficient amount of Dynamax energy, like say, the overflow from the Chairman's experiments.
Not to mention the literal first cutscene in the game has Leon Gigantamaxes his Charizard without returning it to its Pokéball. They probably do it for dramatic impact/showcase the character’s personality like how characters in the anime have personalized chants when they Mega Evolve and use Z Moves with their Pokémon.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Since the stadium looks really dark inside, I'm guessing the fight takes place at night. That gives me the same vibes as those movie openings where it shows high level matches, and I'm hyped that we'll finally see one of them have full focus in the main anime.

ShadowForce720

Maybe Lance won't mega evolve his Gyarados but it'll be Dynamax Gyarados vs Gigantamax Charizard.

Then they could just had him sent out Dragonite instead and have it be Dynamax Dragonite vs Gigantamax Charizard. If anything I think they switch it to the Shiny Gyarados so they could do Shiny Mega Gyarados vs Gigantamax Charizard because otherwise there wouldn't really be any other reason for Lance to be using his Shiny Gyarados over his Dragonite.

Henry's Journey

Then they could just had him sent out Dragonite instead and have it be Dynamax Dragonite vs Gigantamax Charizard. If anything I think they switch it to the Shiny Gyarados so they could do Shiny Mega Gyarados vs Gigantamax Charizard because otherwise there wouldn't really be any other reason for Lance to be using his Shiny Gyarados over his Dragonite.

Probably they didn't use Dragonite for being repetitive now that Ash owns one. I don't know, it would look like Leon is way too overpowered fighting with that powerful Gigantamax Charizard against a tiny shiny Gyarados, Lance has to pull either a mega or dynamax I think.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Since the stadium looks really dark inside, I'm guessing the fight takes place at night. That gives me the same vibes as those movie openings where it shows high level matches, and I'm hyped that we'll finally see one of them have full focus in the main anime.
It also gives me the same vibe as the intro for Sword & Shield since that scene looked like it took place at night.
The only thing I'm hoping for is that either Hop or Chairman Rose will also make their debut in this episode. Otherwise I'm not predicting anything for this episode & I'll just wait to see what happens.

CupidKirby

With Ash catching a Dragonite and this episode choosing to pit Lance against Leon rather than any other champion, I wonder if this series is setting Ash up to become the Kanto Champion...

Status
Not open for further replies.