• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 9th: PM2019 012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDark

Breeder
why wasn't ash invited to this tournament? He's a champion

D

Deleted member 384931

And there are tournaments in other regions to decide if you can enter it?

nuzamaki90

I mean, I guess?

But does that mean Ash qualifies instantly for the PWT (being an Alola Champion)? We need something like gym challenges to fill this series.

Unless there are like several PWT tournaments or something.
Maybe that’s how you are able to enter. I don’t think just being Champion will cut it. It doesn’t even acknowledge Leon’s status as Champion in the summary, neither does it for Lance but we know he’s a Champion in the anime. Leon was able to enter because at this point in time he’s an undefeated trainer in Galar.

Maybe that little mini Battle Frontier tournament was a sign of things to come. Ash is gonna enter a bunch of tournaments or events in all the different regions to qualify for the tournament, or even battle trainers like Milo and Nessa who are just regular famous trainers from Galar rather than Gym Leaders, in order to meet the criteria.

game3524

But does that mean Ash qualifies instantly for the PWT (being an Alola Champion)? We need something like gym challenges to fill this series.

They may include the gym challenge, but I really don't think it is necessary for a potential PWT. They can find other ways to show Ash improving as a battler without going back to the gym challenge format.

game3524

Maybe that’s how you are able to enter. I don’t think just being Champion will cut it. It doesn’t even acknowledge Leon’s status as Champion in the summary, neither does it for Lance but we know he’s a Champion in the anime. Leon was able to enter because at this point in time he’s an undefeated trainer in Galar.

Maybe that little mini Battle Frontier tournament was a sign of things to come. Ash is gonna enter a bunch of tournaments or events in all the different regions to qualify for the tournament, or even battle trainers like Milo and Nessa who are just regular famous trainers from Galar rather than Gym Leaders, in order to meet the criteria.

It could be some bastardized version of the gym challenge from SS. Maybe you don't have to challenge gym leaders, but you still need to get a sponsor. Maybe that will be Ash's challenge for the series, to get a sponsor to enter the tournament.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Hmm, they mentioned Lance winning "the elite 4 cup", so what if Ash has to do the same?
Well, Alola doesn't have one of those, while Kanto does. Alola may be too recently created to qualify however, even if we did learn Pikachu can (basically) 1v1 a Legendary and win now.

Status
Not open for further replies.