• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 9th: PM2019 012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The official anime twitter notes that Lance is still an active G-Man

Continuity bro’s, we won!
Now hopefully they wont throw that away with Ash saying something stupid to contradict continuity lol

Observer

Mostly watching
I doubt that, when it comes to E4 members and Champions he's met over the course of the series Ash will remember them, so I'm confident he won't say anything that would contradict this.

Now if he interacts with them or not is a different story though.

Lunanight

I wouldnt be surprised if that happend tbh

I feel like the closest we'd get to that is Ash remembering Lance from OS but not remembering the AG encounter. It wouldn't be that bad of an error given Lance honestly had no business being in AG in the first place, and it should have been Steven (whether as a champion like R/S or as a powerful wandering trainer like in Emerald) who appeared in that dull Kyogre-Groudon two part special. The main thing about Mega Evolution Special Act 3 that I liked was that it showed what the Kyogre vs Groudon special episodes could have been like if they were done better. Up until MES Act 2, Steven got less focus than every other champion aside from Alder. However, the difference is that Alder was shafted due to the fact Team Plasma were shafted. Steven in AG, however, was shafted due to poor writing.

Unlike Lance, Steven was just a CotD in his AG episode who never even revealed that he was the Champion, meaning it was completely irrelevant whether XY Ash even remembered Steven as that one guy he met in AG. If anything, I'm glad Ash didn't remember Steven from AG because of how poorly that episode was handled. Lance was completely different because Ash not only met him twice across two seperate series, but Lance was immediately recognised by Misty and Brock in his debut. IIRC, May and Max had no clue that Steven was the Hoenn champion, and not even Brock knew either.

All I remember that episode saying Steven was a great trainer, which is vague since 'great trainer' could also apply to literally any trainer capable of beating multiple gym leaders (in AG, a random CotD deemed Ash a great trainer for having seven badges even without knowing Ash's past experiences). This is completely different with Lance, where Misty and Brock outright clarify how powerful of a trainer Lance is. So any continuity inconsistencies with Lance would be harder to overlook, whereas Steven being pseudo-retconned in XY massively improved him.

Knowing the anime, they'll have Ash and Lance recognise each other while never outright stating that they actually met face-to-face. So something like Lance introducing himself to Go without introducing himself to Ash (since they already know each other), and never outright confirming or denying that Ash and Lance met before. I doubt we'll be getting any flashback to the Lake of Rage episode or to the Kyogre vs Groudon AG special. What I do expect is it being heavily implied Ash met Lance from the past without it needing to spoonfeed a continuity-obssessed audience.

Observer

Mostly watching
I feel like the closest we'd get to that is Ash remembering Lance from OS but not remembering the AG encounter. It wouldn't be that bad of an error given Lance honestly had no business being in AG in the first place, and it should have been Steven (whether as a champion like R/S or as a powerful wandering trainer like in Emerald) who appeared in that dull Kyogre-Groudon two part special. The main thing about Mega Evolution Special Act 3 that I liked was that it showed what the Kyogre vs Groudon special episodes could have been like if they were done better. Up until MES Act 2, Steven got less focus than every other champion aside from Alder. However, the difference is that Alder was shafted due to the fact Team Plasma were shafted. Steven in AG, however, was shafted due to poor writing.

Unlike Lance, Steven was just a CotD in his AG episode who never even revealed that he was the Champion, meaning it was completely irrelevant whether XY Ash even remembered Steven as that one guy he met in AG. If anything, I'm glad Ash didn't remember Steven from AG because of how poorly that episode was handled. Lance was completely different because Ash not only met him twice across two seperate series, but Lance was immediately recognised by Misty and Brock in his debut. IIRC, May and Max had no clue that Steven was the Hoenn champion, and not even Brock knew either.

All I remember that episode saying Steven was a great trainer, which is vague since 'great trainer' could also apply to literally any trainer capable of beating multiple gym leaders (in AG, a random CotD deemed Ash a great trainer for having seven badges even without knowing Ash's past experiences). This is completely different with Lance, where Misty and Brock outright clarify how powerful of a trainer Lance is. So any continuity inconsistencies with Lance would be harder to overlook, whereas Steven being pseudo-retconned in XY massively improved him.

Knowing the anime, they'll have Ash and Lance recognise each other while never outright stating that they actually met face-to-face. So something like Lance introducing himself to Go without introducing himself to Ash (since they already know each other), and never outright confirming or denying that Ash and Lance met before. I doubt we'll be getting any flashback to the Lake of Rage episode or to the Kyogre vs Groudon AG special. What I do expect is it being heavily implied Ash met Lance from the past without it needing to spoonfeed a continuity-obssessed audience.

This right here, this is why I believe that Ash will remember Lance if they meet face to face in this episode, he remembered Looker when he showed up in BW.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For all we know, Ash might not even see Lance face-to-face. He'll just watch him battling in the crowd.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
My hope is for Leon to destroy Lance with no effort. Show us just what league Leon is really in.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
He's got a giant unique Charizard in a stadium. Suffice to say, he's golden.
What's more, he's at a clear type disadvantage and as we all know, the person with the type disadvantage always wins.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
My hope is for Leon to destroy Lance with no effort. Show us just what league Leon is really in.
No effort? A champion is a champion, Leon winning with no effort would devalue Lance too much I think, plus make the battle less interesting. Besides, in the game itself its not like Leon doesn't ever struggle in battles. He's undefeated, but it's noted he's had some serious competition from some of the gym leaders.

TheWanderingMist

No effort? A champion is a champion, Leon winning with no effort would devalue Lance too much I think, plus make the battle less interesting. Besides, in the game itself its not like Leon doesn't ever struggle in battles. He's undefeated, but it's noted he's had some serious competition from some of the gym leaders.
It's not from SOME of the Gym Leaders, it's from one specific leader, Raihan, who is, and I quote, "The only Trainer Leon considers his rival".

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It's not from SOME of the Gym Leaders, it's from one specific leader, Raihan, who is, and I quote, "The only Trainer Leon considers his rival".
Even though it's true the same Raihan struggled against Piers and never defeated Melony. Melony on t he other hand lost to Allister as the Champion Cup.
I guess the major League Gym Leaders are quite close in power.

Also Rose once won the second place in a Champion Cup so he either lost to Raihan or Leon directly.

TheWanderingMist

Even though it's true the same Raihan struggled against Piers and never defeated Melony. Melony on t he other hand lost to Allister as the Champion Cup.

Also Rose once won the second place in a Champion Cup so he either lost to Raihan or Leon directly.
This implies that only Raihan is capable of giving Leon a struggle, though the others themselves can make Raihan struggle.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

I'm pretty sure Rose is older than Raihan and Leon and Rose participated before they were a Gym Leader and a Champion

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
This implies that only Raihan is capable of giving Leon a struggle, though the others themselves can make Raihan struggle.
Either that or all of them barely lost against Raihan and never had a chance to fight against Leon.

By my powerscalling I would say most of the Gym Leaders would lose 6-4 against Leon (or 3-5 if we consider everyone uses 5 Pokemon in the Cup) with only Raihan (and potentailly Rose) loosing 6-5 (or 5-4).

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I'm pretty sure Rose is older than Raihan and Leon and participated Rose before they were a Gym Leader and a Champion
I believe Rose did participate in the League in it's current state, the one he created.
We know that Leon is a Champion since he was 10 (so around 10-15 years) and that Mustard was a Champion prior to Dynamax being introduce in the Gym Challenge (and was a Champion for 18 years, right?) just before Leon.

So either Rose lost against Mustard or younger Leon. Actually, taking part in the system he created and loosing to the yound Leon prodigy would be a good way to promote the system he created and the candidate he endorsed himself,

Status
Not open for further replies.