• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiZerou

I think the Shadow Triad VS. Striaton Brothers chapters are placed between this and the previous Ichiban chapter. In this picture from the last month's Fan chapter, we see the same Beheeyem and Ferrothorn fighting in the Victory Road:
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq3u4VtgH1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg[/img139]
And this is from the fresh Ichiban chapter:
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/3b699aa675bd606fd26cd13ae762bd1a/tumblr_mfbjppPOxn1r1alb2o7_1280.jpg[/img139]

Anyway, great to see Cheren, Marlon and Looker! And glad that Black managed to get his 8th Badge after all! The guy in the cape looks more like a Pokémon than a human being. I understand it's a mask but still... But I'm disappointed that Hiker Andy isn't here. : (

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I think the Shadow Triad VS. Striaton Brothers chapters are placed between this and the previous Ichiban chapter. In this picture from the last month's Fan chapter, we see the same Beheeyem and Ferrothorn fighting in the Victory Road:

Didn't Coronis state that in the previous thread?

It is worth noting that the Pokemon League has already started in the Keldeo chapter, so it happens after the current Ichiban chapter and probably the next too, since the next Ichiban issue likely focuses on Black's battle with Drayden, before the actual start of the Tournament (Black's argument was that the rules stated challengers may enter the League as long as they collect 8 Badges before the Tournament starts. The inauguration ceremony has begun, but not the lot drawing, and thus not the Tournament itself).
~

Ah, he did.

Anyway, great to see Cheren, Marlon and Looker! And glad that Black managed to get his 8th Badge after all! The guy in the cape looks more like a Pokémon than a human being. I understand it's a mask but still... But I'm disappointed that Hiker Andy isn't here. : (

Maybe...maybe he's the guy in the cloak.

Seems random to just have some guy hide his identity like that. At least Looker has a point for it.

1) Tepig vs Snivy vs Oshawott.
2) Black, Bianca, and Cheren are introduced.
3) Tep is nicknamed.
4) Black meets Hiker Andy. (Volume 1)
5) Black meets White.
6) Black and White meet Team Plasma.
7) Black vs. N part 1. (Volume 2)
8) Black vs. N part 2.
9) Black, Bianca, and Cheren vs. Striaton Gym Leaders part 1.
10) Black, Bianca, and Cheren vs. Striaton Gym Leaders part 2. (Volume 3)
11) Black and White meet Fennel.
12) Black and White at Nacrene.
13) Black vs. Lenora part 1. (Volume 4)
14) Black vs. Lenora part 2.
15) Black and Burgh vs Team Plasma.
16) Pinwheel Forest and Black vs Janitor Geoff.
17) Tep vs Zorua. (volume 5)
18) Black vs Burgh part 1/ Bianca's stolen Pokemon.
19) Black vs Burgh part 2/ Bianca's Pokemon retrieval.
20) Black and White on Liberty Island. (volume 6)
21) Black and White in the Desert Resort.
22) White sets up the Pokemon Musical.
23) Musical starts.
24) Black vs Elesa. (volume 7)
25) White and N.
26) Marshal appears.
27) Marshal vs Alder.
28) Black teaches White about Pokemon battling. (volume 8)
29) Black vs Zorua.
30) White meets Shauntal
31) Black and Cheren in the Cold Storage.
32) Black vs Clay part 1.
33) Black vs Clay part 2.
34) Black and Clay arrive in Mistralton/ Black vs Skyla part 1
35) Black vs Syla part 2/ Gym Leaders vs Shadow Triad part 1
36) Gym Leaders vs Shadow Triad part 2
37) Gym Leaders vs Shadow Triad part 3
38) Brycen trains Black part 1
39) Brycen trains Black part 2
40) Brycen trains Black part 3
41) Brycen trains Black part 4
42) Black and White reunite
43) Alder vs N
44) Black, White, and Cedric vs N
45) Pokemon League begins
46) Black vs Drayden

???) Black has a flashback part 1
???) Black has a flashback part 2
???) Black at the Mistralton Cave part 1
???) Black at the Mistralton Cave part 2
???) White vs Subway Bosses/ Bianca and Meloetta part 1
???) Bianca and Meloetta part 2
???) Shadow Triad vs Striaton trio (part 1)
???) Shadow Triad vs Striaton trio (part 2)

Last edited:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Brief summary of what goes on in these 2 chapters.

Ichiban:
Drayden agrees to Black's challenge at the gate of the Pokemon League, but warns that he doesn't have much time because the performance part of the opening ceremony is about to finish, and he needs t get back to continue hosting the event. Brav has trouble keeping up with Druddigon's speed, even after using Tail Wind, and Drayden notices that Black isn't really connecting with his Pokemon. Black admits that he isn't really at his top shape, because when Musha left, he realized the harsh truth that what he thought was a close bond between him and a childhood Pokemon actually didn't exist. This affects his view on his other childhood Pokemon, Brav. Just when Brav is losing, the front door is flung open, allowing the blizzard outside to blow in, and Caitlin arrives to share with Black what the captured Gymleaders want to say to him (via Gothitelle). Apparently the Gymleaders are safe, but are locked up in some pitch black place and they have no idea where they are. The six Gymleaders voice out their individual encouragement to Black, and Black regains his trust in his Pokemon. He gets Brav to do an Air Slash, barely scratching Druddigon, but the attack swings the gate door open again, allowing in the Blizzard once more. Druddigon gets immobilized due to the cold, and Brav takes the chance to defeat its opponent. Drayden awards Black the Legend Badge, and announces on TV that they have the 32nd participant. And so, the Tournament begins, and the 32 participants are soon halved to 16, and then 8. The last scene shows the 8 final participants: Black, Cheren, Iris, Marlon, Looker, Zinzolin, a trainer that's a cross between a Younger and PokeManiac, and also a mysterious trainer in hood and mask.

Fan:
Outside the P2 Lab, the Striaton brothers continue their fight against the Shadow Triad. Although the Triad mocks the brothers for being weak, unnecessary for the Nacrene battle, and needing 3 people to secure 1 Gym, the brothers reveal that they were in fact individually qualified as an independent Gymleader, but decided to stay in one Gym because Lenora found their combination crucial to beginning trainers, teaching them the concept of types. They also reveal that they were intentionally absent from the Nacrene Gym, because they serve as a backup to chase after the Shadow Triad. Another reason for their absence was their need to locate certain items, which were the evolutionary stones. The brothers evolve their monkeys, and continue to fight the Triad. The Musketeers arrive, and Cobalion is apparently not impressed that humans are fighting against each other again. It tells Keldeo that there are no good and bad sides to humans, but they are all selfish. But Keldeo, after observing the battle, senses an ominous feeling about the Triad, which is the same vibe it gets from the P2 Lab. It decides to cut in, and attacks the Triad as well as their Pokemon. However, it gets ambushed by Lilligant's Grass Knot, and just as the Triad attempt to catch it, the three other Musketeers interrupt. The 3 Musketeers unleash their swords on everyone (yes including the Striaton brothers), and Cobalion mentions to Keldeo that there is another hidden sword, and it needs to learn to access it with its 'resolution'. The Triad, beaten, swear that they will seek revenge when the Kami trio's Therian Forme investigation is complete, and the Striaton brothers decide to abdicate as Gymleaders.

====================

Indeed, this month's issues confirm that the Keldeo chapters happen between the last 2-3 pages of the current Ichiban issue. I wonder what that 'Dark Vader'-like trainer in the League is. Personally I can't think of any important character right now that needs a secret appearance. Wonder if it's someone from before (e.g. Maxie resurrected), somewhere from Unova, some original character or actually just a mysterious placeholder which the writers haven't even decided on who it is yet.

Btw, since the pictures posted by Lolipiece basically cover most of the important scenes already, I won't be rescanning them. Let me know if there are particular scenes that you want to see.

Coronis~

P.S. Eleven Pokemon left from the 5th Gen to get featured now:
Dewott, Gigalith, Krookodile, Zoroark, Reunicles, Sawsbuck, Jellicent (male), Klang, Chadelure, Haxorus, Mandibuzz
(just realized that Musharna has had an appearance already, but in the form of Black's explanation of Munna's nickname choice)

Last edited:

Pokemonspecialgerman

Thank you very much Coronis!! And thanks for the pictures guys!
Holy ****! That's what a amazing Pokemon League should look like.
But Iris is in there too?! You know what that means. She will probably win the tournament and not Black.
But I hope Lookers appereance means that the plasma castle will shoot out of the ground, just like in the games x)
And the guy with cloak is strange. I am sure he will be very important somehow.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So, League speculations?

First, why is Marlon here? I doubt he's a Gym Leader now...

Is this a way to have him battle without having a Gym battle in the BW2 chapter? (Whenever. That. Starts.)

If he's here, where's Roxie?

Is Iris going to win, and thus, become Champion?

Why is Zinzolin entering?

And for that matter, why is Looker entering? Shouldn't he be looking for the other sages?

And didn't Cheren state he wasn't interested in the League? Is his team going to be evolved? Will he have Serperior?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
With Iris there, Black's chances of winning the league are now cut in half. Not that I care since I am indifferent to all things Pokemon League related (That's what watching the anime for years will do to you) but I am interested that Looker is on the scene. I wonder if he still has his wacky gadgets that bust up? Either way I am excited to see Looker back. I loved him in the Platinum arc, he should win a 'Best Expressions' award XD I was surprised to see Cheren at the league. I know in the games he wants to be the champion or something of that nature but Adventures Cheren didn't seem all that motivated for the league. At least as far as I read he hasn't been. Speaking of champion, is Alder still the champ? Didn't N defeat him already? Or was that not a official title battle?

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Kinda odd that they're starting to introduce B2W2 elements already... or maybe not, but Marlon and Zinzolin in B2W2 gear is strange, especially since the BW plot hasn't resolved yet (Reshiram hasn't even appeared in full yet).

As for Looker, he can't chase all 7 sages at once. Maybe he's tailing Zinzolin right now and entered the league.

Should I stir the conspiracy pot/talk about the elephant in the room? Caped Person = Sird? Since the chance of her reappearing in HGSS is kinda slim now. Haha... but man, she is so unnecessary as a character now they just need to kill her off for closure at this point.

Last edited:

arawn

So this can explain how Cheren and Marlon will be the new gym leaders and Iris will be the new champion .
Hmm , no Roxie . . . But Looker and Iris look very cool . I think the result will be Iris win .

Pokemonspecialgerman

The armored man is hiker andy in disguise. Sird gave him an armor to help him with his fire weakness, just because she is such a nice person xD
Btw, I wonder how looker could beat drayden =o

Looker: That was all thanks to my new international police secret weapon X8: Action Replay! Wahahahaha!
-------

Ah I see o.o

e9310103838

Kinda odd that they're starting to introduce B2W2 elements already... or maybe not, but Marlon and Zinzolin in B2W2 gear is strange, especially since the BW plot hasn't resolved yet (Reshiram hasn't even appeared in full yet).

As for Looker, he can't chase all 7 sages at once. Maybe he's tailing Zinzolin right now and entered the league.

Should I stir the conspiracy pot/talk about the elephant in the room? Caped Person = Sird? Since the chance of her reappearing in HGSS is kinda slim now. Haha... but man, she is so unnecessary as a character now they just need to kill her off for closure at this point.

Maybe Ghetsis, just guessing. ;212;

Weedy Spyze

Go Musketeers! Great to see them defeat the Shadow Triad so easily. :D

And it's pretty obvious Iris is winning the league lol. Marlon is probably only in it to introduce his character, he and Cheren might get their gym leader promotions based on their performance in the league.

Hopefully she died when she fell into her bottomless plothole. Don't want to see her jacking this league into some kind of nonsense.

That's possible too.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Hmm. I was guessing it was the director who's always blaming Black for trouble in Unova and his dimwitted assistant would be his sidekick XD. But it being Ghetsis would be cool, assuming he doesn't appear by other methods. Or it could be Cynthia. *Shudders*

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Originally posted by Coronis
The last scene shows the 8 final participants: Black, Cheren, Iris, Marlon, Looker, Zinzolin, a trainer that's a cross between a Younger and PokeManiac, and also a mysterious trainer in hood and mask.

So, those are the last qualified players. Seems almost legit unless you count Zinzolin. What a creep!

So that's how Iris became a Champion. And that means PokemonSpecialGerman is right after all.

As for Looker, I think he's just undercover looking for the sages to arrest. His target will be Zinzolin. But how is he winning? His only Pokemon is Croagonk.

And lastly the hooded figure, how many of you bet it's someone else? Or, how many of you bet that's N as the hooded figure?

Originally posted by lolipiece
If he's here, where's Roxie?[/QUOTE

Uh, Lolipiece, I don't see anything mentioning anything about Roxie's father competing in the tournament unless it's another chapter.

Pokemonspecialgerman

Battle theories, anyone?
For example:

Black vs. Looker
Cheren vs. Youngster
Marlon vs. Masked man
Iris vs. Sage

And Semifinale could be:
Black vs. Cheren & Marlon vs. Iris or Black vs. Marlon or Iris vs. Cheren.

And the final round: Black vs. Iris or Marlon vs. Iris.

So many epic battles are possible!!

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
This is so funny. Today we find out that in the Anime Ash loses to some ding dong that couldn't even bother to catch six Pokemon. The Manga goes and obliterates the Anime with one of the coolest sounding Leagues I have ever seen. Thank you Manga for having me not lose faith in Pokemon.

ReiZerou

Didn't Coronis state that in the previous thread?

Oh, forgot. Well, now it's confirmed.

Maybe...maybe he's the guy in the cloak.

Seems random to just have some guy hide his identity like that. At least Looker has a point for it.

That crossed my mind too, but then I thought: why would Andy be hiding if his dream finally came true? Maybe the authors are just trolling us again and the cloaked guy is a nobody. Or he's a very important character from the past chapters. Either way, I don't think he will last long in the tournament.

I'm really glad that Iris is entering the league. Now I have no idea if Black is going to win or if they're going to make Iris the champion. It can go either way so it's exciting. Black is probably going to fight against Marlon, Cheren and Iris. Although I kind of want to see him battling Looker...

matt0044

But how is he winning? His only Pokemon is Croagonk.

This is PokeSpe remember. He could have a Dragonite for all we know (not that I want that).

why would Andy be hiding if his dream finally came true?

Maybe that armor is to protect him from any sort of heat. It could happen. Only in PokeSpe.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
What are those, Unova League competitors? Who's the jackass in the cap and the little kid, why the hell is Looker wearing fake glasses and a fake nose? Looks exciting and unpredictable, wonder how Marlon will be portrayed. Oh and Cheren, almost forgot he existed. Him and Bianca, idga about. Did Black win the Legend Badge solely from his one-on-one against Drayden?

Most battles in Pokemon special are like that, remember how Red got his badges?

Weedy Spyze

Lmao Red stole almost half of his badges, and another one was just given to him off screen. To this day I still don't think he ever got his damn Earth Badge. Black's quest for the badges is probably the best written badge storyline in the manga, actually. (Well him or Platinum)

Status
Not open for further replies.