• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

Lmao Red stole almost half of his badges, and another one was just given to him off screen. To this day I still don't think he ever got his damn Earth Badge. Black's quest for the badges is probably the best written badge storyline in the manga, actually. (Well him or Platinum)

Actually, I don't think Kanto/Johto required badges to compete in the league. At least not the Elite Four (who were then the prototype for Team Plasma).

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
What are those, Unova League competitors? Who's the jackass in the cap and the little kid, why the hell is Looker wearing fake glasses and a fake nose? Looks exciting and unpredictable, wonder how Marlon will be portrayed. Oh and Cheren, almost forgot he existed. Him and Bianca, idga about. Did Black win the Legend Badge solely from his one-on-one against Drayden?

Well, Drayden did say he didn't have a lot of time... plus the writers probably didn't know what other Pokemon to give Drayden since they're probably saving Haxorus for Iris

P.S. Eleven Pokemon left from the 5th Gen to get featured now:
Dewott, Gigalith, Krookodile, Zoroark, Reunicles, Sawsbuck, Jellicent (male), Klang, Chadelure, Haxorus, Mandibuzz
(just realized that Musharna has had an appearance already, but in the form of Black's explanation of Munna's nickname choice)

Reuniclus, Sawsbuck, Mandibuzz - White's pokemon, Reuniclus may not appear til B2W2 because of the 2-stage evo?
Dewott - not sure, I'd like it to have more than a cameo in the tournament
Gigalith - on of the trainers in the tournament?
Krookodile - one of the trainers in the tournament? or maybe Grimsley has one
Zoroark - hopefully N
Jellicent (male) - Marlon
Klang - one panel cameo probably
Chandelure - not sure why didn't give it to Shauntal initially, I thought maybe because of Bianca's Litwick, but I doubt it at this point
Haxorus - Iris

Last edited:

SmartD

This is getting really interesting. Marlon, Zinzolin, and Looker are in the tournament, I'll look foward to see how this turns out.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Anyone else wondering why the Gym Leader's outfits are fixed again?

Kind of sounds wrong in hindsight.

[img139]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9333/gymd.png[/img139]

Btw, since the pictures posted by Lolipiece basically cover most of the important scenes already, I won't be rescanning them. Let me know if there are particular scenes that you want to see.

Well...uh. Maybe...

1) Black defeating Drayden's Druddigon.

2) Some more panels of the League?

3) The Monkey's evolving

4) Keldeo fighting

5) The part where the Striaton trio get hurt. The picture I posted only shows the Shadow Triad.

Uh, Lolipiece, I don't see anything mentioning anything about Roxie's father competing in the tournament unless it's another chapter.

What does Roxie's father have to do with anything?

Majiata

Lmao Red stole almost half of his badges, and another one was just given to him off screen. To this day I still don't think he ever got his damn Earth Badge. Black's quest for the badges is probably the best written badge storyline in the manga, actually. (Well him or Platinum)
If I remember correctly, in Kanto the badges weren't needed while in Johto, people with eight badges were allowed to skip the pre-rounds (it was said that they made that rule to make the gyms more attractive or so).

Anyways, I really like how Black can enter the tournament only in last minute. Although it was clear that he would win, it is a nice idea.
And since his bond with Musha doesn't really exist, I wonder if that would make him an illegitimate dexholder or so if Oak would see that? Since for the dexholders (especially for the ones basing on the playable main character) their pokemon are always friends, partners, or whatever.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't see how Musha leaving makes Black a illegitimate dexholder. It's not like they're going to take back the Pokedex from him. While Musha was just in it for the dreams, it seems, Black actually cares for his Pokemon, hence why Musha's betrayl hurt him.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Originally posted by lolipiece
What does Roxie's father have to do with anything?

Well, you did mention that one person is in the competing in the tournament unless it's someone else. It's this one:

Originally posted by lolipiece
If he's here, where's Roxie?

You mean Marlon, right? Sorry, I thought you were talking about Roxie's father. I didn't know Marlon, the narly surfer man, was competing.

matt0044

I think Roxie's busy rocking with her band.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Oh yeah. She's a Gym leader. Does this mean we get to see Hugh battle against Roxie in BW2 or we won't? It's not BW2 without Roxie.

arawn

Maybe Roxie will help Hugh dealing with NewPlasma . I don't think Hugh has any interested in gym challenging . So it would be nonsense for him to battle with Roxie .

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
So of the 8 quarter-finalists, six are important characters, one is a mysterious person and one is just a random trainer.
Who could that masked person be? Colress?

Maybe Black does win the tournament but at the end relinquish his title to Iris, who could end up being the runner up.
I'm Thinking the battles will be something like this:

Black vs Looker (Black wins)
Zinzolin vs Cheren (Maybe Cheren wins since in the games he helps Looker capture the sages)
Iris vs Young-Maniac (Iris wins)
Marlon vs Masked Man (Either one could win)

Semifinals:
Black vs Cheren (Black wins)
Iris vs Marlon or Masked Man (Iris wins)

Final:
Black vs Iris (Either Black wins and relinquishes the title or Iris win)

matt0044

My money's on N being the Masked Man.

matt0044

What purpose would N have to be at the League?

He wins the whole thing and adds champion in addition to Hero. As the Hero of Ideals AND the Champion of Unova, he proves his superiority to the citizens of the region and why he's fit to rule over them as their new King. Which adds to the reason why they should release their Pokemon given it's an order from such a powerful young man.

Just a little theory of mine.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
He wins the whole thing and adds champion in addition to Hero. As the Hero of Ideals AND the Champion of Unova, he proves his superiority to the citizens of the region and why he's fit to rule over them as their new King. Which adds to the reason why they should release their Pokemon given it's an order from such a powerful young man.

Just a little theory of mine.

That may be true, but why would N disguise himself for that? He has no reason to. If a sage can appear at the league with no disguise, then N can do it for sure.

matt0044

That may be true, but why would N disguise himself for that? He has no reason to. If a sage can appear at the league with no disguise, then N can do it for sure.

Um, Zinzolin IS disguising himself. He's wearing his BW2 outfit and not his BW1 outfit.

As for N, Black's there and after the thing with Munna... yeah. Plus, Iris is aware of N being Team Plasma king and possibly Cheren too. The less people on their case, the better and Ghetsis probably wants to take every precaution possible.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Maybe it's Colress and this is how Team Plasma comes to discover him. He doesn't have any real reason to disguise himself, but I've seen stranger things happen...

Also, Zinzolin is disguised. His outfit doesn't have the Plasma emblem on it, and he looks like he's wearing a visor over his face.

Last edited:

Macromind101

Maybe it's Colress and this is how Team Plasma comes to discover him. He doesn't have any real reason to disguise himself, but I've seen stranger things happen...

Also, Zinzolin is disguised. His outfit doesn't have the Plasma emblem on it, and he looks like he's wearing a visor over his face.

Nah I'm sure that if it's Corless then Kusaka would have no reason to slap on a disguise (one with a mask that strangely looks like Accelgor) on him. My bet is that it's Hiker Andy who is using a bodysuit to protect him from the heat that he apparently can't stand. What I'm mostly raging about is what the **** is a random Youngster doing as one of the participants in the Pokemon League. If they seriously ran out of candidates to be battlers in the League and they needed an extra, why a Youngster??? And to top it off, Roxie is still a good candidate so not sure why she wasn't used.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Netkun updated!

[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/fbf03fe6f49a4eee8ebaf6d0952937eb/tumblr_mg3irgC2881r1alb2o1_r1_400.png[/img139]

Nothing important that I'm too lazy to care about, but at least we have the volume 43 cover.

e9310103838

Netkun updated!

[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/fbf03fe6f49a4eee8ebaf6d0952937eb/tumblr_mg3irgC2881r1alb2o1_r1_400.png[/img139]

Nothing important that I'm too lazy to care about, but at least we have the volume 43 cover.

We get three non-dex holders on cover again (well, include Cheren and Bianca).

And Professor Aurea Juniper is first professor on cover. ;335;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.