• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It's the last Pokespe chapter of the year!

[img139]https://24.media.tumblr.com/28b3f1aca1718c27e9a96cf8c8b42bd0/tumblr_my3dahj1tF1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://24.media.tumblr.com/7885414415862946315f06e5ca6efd3d/tumblr_my3dahj1tF1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://24.media.tumblr.com/b28a9fa057d4f5d3ac1d08e831ff4008/tumblr_my3dahj1tF1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://31.media.tumblr.com/4dfc79c6e27b04f85f462f256ac99c39/tumblr_my3dahj1tF1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://31.media.tumblr.com/9beebcdb6a0136db3218a8bb9a47e20a/tumblr_my3dahj1tF1r1alb2o6_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://31.media.tumblr.com/11e7715d1ef6fedddad9e509cbb92d00/tumblr_my3dahj1tF1r1alb2o8_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://24.media.tumblr.com/fa41b7acd1bc39e5b20be6f1c8de542b/tumblr_my3dahj1tF1r1alb2o9_1280.jpg[/img139]

Oh no. The Kanto starters are here. I'm worried now.

Last edited:

arawn

Wow how could Chespin defeat those 2 Scientists in one shot ? Seeing Froakie in use was great . I love it bubble very much . I don't mind the Kanto starter , just like in game . This isn't the first time one Dex holder have two starters .
And yauu Lysandre was hot as **** .

DanteKoriyu

I'm hoping that maybe Sycamore will say that the three Kanto starters are gift from Oak to help research Mega Evolution or something and that he'll just keep them for himself instead of handing them out to the dex holders. He did use them, and eventually their evolutions, against the player in the games. So...

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Damn, is X always this moody? D:

e9310103838

I guess Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno will get those Kanto starters. But they still do not have a Pokedex.

I began to suppose that we might get an original character, if we do not get sequel versions like B2W2. ;287;

arawn

Did they pass Santalune ? Because i think Sycamore was in Lumiose city .

It's about time that starter distribution must be screwed up .

lolipiece

Staff member
Did they pass Santalune ? Because i think Sycamore was in Lumiose city .

It's about time that starter distribution must be screwed up .

They're in Aquacorde.

diakyu

Making Lysandre look very fierce there.

And now I'm interested in the explanation for the new kanto starters.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Not to sound impatient or anything but has Froakie been confirmed to be Y's Starter yet? That's still the thing I want to know most.

Other then that Lysandre shows up eh? They're just diving into Team Flare aren't they? Not that I mind. I wonder who will be doing the Gym Battles in Kalos. And I hope to see some new expressions from X soon. The character looks interesting but I don't just want his only expressions to be angry and depressed, oh well just give it time. Y on the other hand seems to be brimming with expressions both serious and wacky, like that one next to X and the Pokedex.

As for the Kanto Starters, I hope they were bred from Red, Green, and Blue's and they get mentioned by it as well as Prof. Oak. I'm not surprised to see new Kanto Starters, as it was unlikely for the Kanto Dexholders to show up in this story, maybe in the Z story they'd appear. But I hope we get to at least hear about them.

diakyu

I half expected Team Flare to have disappeared by now but they just keep showing up.

As for the Kanto Starters, I hope they were bred from Red, Green, and Blue's and they get mentioned by it as well as Prof. Oak. I'm not surprised to see new Kanto Starters, as it was unlikely for the Kanto Dexholders to show up in this story, maybe in the Z story they'd appear. But I hope we get to at least hear about them.
I see this happening. And with that NPC in the games mentioning Blue, I can see Sycamore mentioning Blue dropping them off at Oak's request or some crap. Or it could be Green who dropped them off in hopes that Sycamore could help research their mega evos.

But this also means X and Y will most likely get more starters (with Fennekin's mystery trainer getting the third kanto starter?).

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I half expected Team Flare to have disappeared by now but they just keep showing up.

I see this happening. And with that NPC in the games mentioning Blue, I can see Sycamore mentioning Blue dropping them off at Oak's request or some crap. Or it could be Green who dropped them off in hopes that Sycamore could help research their mega evos.

But this also means X and Y will most likely get more starters (with Fennekin's mystery trainer getting the third kanto starter?).

If they don't give them to Shauna and the boys that is. This will be the first time we get to see Squirtle isn't it? We only saw Blue's when she stole it on a security camera. Unlike the anime that reuses the Starters in multiple ways, we rarely see numerous Starters so I'm okay with them showing up. If X and Y do get them, then I really hope Red and the Kanto gang show up and we get the Dexholder senior-junior relationships. I miss those.

lolipiece

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the reason why Team Flare keeps showing up is to tie into X and Y's trust issues with other people.

Last month, we had that old woman that was working for Team Flare. In last month's Pokemon Fan, that guy at the Super Training dome was fully aware of who X was, and at the end, he actually recorded X's battle with Team Flare and planned on selling it to advertise Super Training.

diakyu

I'm pretty sure the reason why Team Flare keeps showing up is to tie into X and Y's trust issues with other people.

Last month, we had that old woman that was working for Team Flare. In last month's Pokemon Fan, that guy at the Super Training dome was fully aware of who X was, and at the end, he actually recorded X's battle with Team Flare and planned on selling it to advertise Super Training.
Looks like you're right. They could do a lot with Lysandre's reveal with Team Flare.

shadowF

I really hope X gets charmander!

e9310103838

X want to Kangaskhan Mega Evolve but failed.

Kangaskhan carries the Mega Stone.

Trevor found the key of Mega Evolution is the connect with the trainer and Pokemon.

X refused to Chespin join his team, but we all know that it will join him sooner or later. ;253;

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
X want to Kangaskhan Mega Evolve but failed.

Kangaskhan carries the Mega Stone.

Trevor found the key of Mega Evolution is the connect with the trainer and Pokemon.

X refused to Chespin join his team, but we all know that it will join him sooner or later. ;253;

X refused Chespin? Well now you just know he's going to bond with the little grass Pokemon, they'll make the dynamic team of grouchy and cheerful. I wonder who will get the Kanto starters if Trevor, Shauna, and Tierno don't? If so I'd kinda like to see X get Squirtle and have Mega Blastoise well along with Mega Kangaskhan of course. You can have multiple Mega Pokemon, you just can't use them altogether in battle.

Hey, maybe that will be X's Pokedex title, the Mega Stone Trainer or something like that.

lolipiece

Staff member
X not taking Chespin was pretty obvious since the Super Training chapter takes place after this. But where does it take place? Clemont made Super Training, so I guess near Lumiose?

What's more confusing is why they're taking their time with giving him the Pokemon. C'mon, Kusaka. You don't have time to waste with stuff like this. I guess it'll work out in the long run.

Lysandre has Gyarados and Sycamore has the starters (no....), so the likelihood of old Dex holders showing up is getting smaller.

But...how will they show off the Mega Evolutions? Mega Evolution requires a Pokemon and a Trainer. And what about Mega Blaziken? Are we getting a second Torchic with Speed Boost?

And, of course, we need to find out what happened to our favorite psychic cat, Mewtwo.

Since we finished Aquacorde, we should be seeing Viola again in Santalune next month.

G-SANtos

What's more confusing is why they're taking their time with giving him the Pokemon. C'mon, Kusaka. You don't have time to waste with stuff like this. I guess it'll work out in the long run.
Maybe he's intending on breaking the tradition and give Fokko to him, and having Harimaron around is a red herring. I mean, X and Y have completely opposite personalities, like Red Oni and Blue Oni. It would be a waste to not represent this with their Pokémon, and even if you take into account that in East Asia blue and green were once considered the same thing, it still doesn't work with the current Pokémon, as Y already has Keromatsu, the blue one.

Ruby and Sapphire also had a Red Oni and Blue Oni thing going on, and since this shows so much in Japanese media, I doubt Kusaka would refrain from repeating it simply because he already used it.

Lysandre has Gyarados and Sycamore has the starters (no....), so the likelihood of old Dex holders showing up is getting smaller.
I honestly think these will go to Sana and the others, and maybe they will also receive Dexes and break the naming tradition. I mean, it's pretty much set in this manga that you need a Pokédex to be a main character, and having Sana, Tierno, and Trova travelling with X and Y all the time and not being considered main characters is just stupid.

But...how will they show off the Mega Evolutions? Mega Evolution requires a Pokemon and a Trainer. And what about Mega Blaziken? Are we getting a second Torchic with Speed Boost?
Maybe Kusaka is expecting a Hoenn remake. Either that, or some original Flare member will use it.
Honestly, I think we'll have a Hoenn remake. I have a very big theory about what will happen in the 3DS games, but I'm still not finished typing it. I'm almost done, and I intend in posting it soon.

And, of course, we need to find out what happened to our favorite psychic cat, Mewtwo.
Maybe he already appeared in the World Tournament. We'll probably have to wait two years to know. Kusaka should seriously consider asking Shogakukan to allow him to serialize some chapters online.
Alternatively, my theory also mentions the possibility of Kanto remakes again.

Also, my theory states that the next games will be Generation VII, instead "Z". If this actually happens, what do you think Kusaka will do with Fokko? He has got to showcase the Fokko line at some point.

diakyu

I find it hard to believe X will end up getting fennekin. During the Super training chapter X looks like he likes Chespin a bit. And Fennekin is pretty much set up to where it'll show up with the third main character whoever that may be.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Maybe he already appeared in the World Tournament. We'll probably have to wait two years to know. Kusaka should seriously consider asking Shogakukan to allow him to serialize some chapters online.
Alternatively, my theory also mentions the possibility of Kanto remakes again.

Yea, we can only wait for the B2W2 volumes slowly introduced, oh......

Also, my theory states that the next games will be Generation VII, instead "Z". If this actually happens, what do you think Kusaka will do with Fokko? He has got to showcase the Fokko line at some point.

Then this will be a waste to Zygarde's setting. ;253;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.