• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I find it hard to believe X will end up getting fennekin. During the Super training chapter X looks like he likes Chespin a bit. And Fennekin is pretty much set up to where it'll show up with the third main character whoever that may be.

X and Chespin will probably bond. Chespin's sunny and cheerfulness will rub off on X's gloomy, frowning attitude. I do hope Fennekin will be alright wherever it is. I wonder who will get Fennekin if Chespin and Froakie go to X and Y. Obviously a third character, but I wonder who. A new character like Emerald and Yellow, or maybe a new game character in the next Gen 6 game?

LordSerperior

I personally don't think the lost Fennekin would be suddenly found and be given to X, because I think if that was the case they wouldn't have lost Fennekin's poke all in the first place. I believe X will eventually bond with Chespin; I remember Crystal initially refused to let Chikorita joined her team.

iml908

I'm pretty confused. Does Y have Froakie yet? It seems to be operating on it's own, and they aren't really seen together.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I just want to see Y officially standing next to Froakie! I've been waiting a long time to see this. They robbed me in the anime and stuck her with Fennekin, but now Adventures just might be giving me what I wanted to see. Y and Froakie. Maybe they'll be double kind and give her Pancham. A flying Pancham with a suit of it's own.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm pretty confused. Does Y have Froakie yet? It seems to be operating on it's own, and they aren't really seen together.

No one has any of the starters yet.

G-SANtos

Not even in the Super Training chapter? Honestly, if Kusaka is taking so much time to give out the Starters, he's gotta to be planning something, or may even be trying to mislead us into thinking X will get Harimaron and Y will get Keromatsu when he could be thinking something else.
Alternatively, he may be wanting to finish BW2 before deciding which Starter goes to who, and may not have given the Starters out yet to keep the possibilities open.

The Trimmian (Furfrou) chase in the games is in which city? How much cities until this? Because it seems obvious to me that Sana'll get Trimmian back at that point. Perhaps Fokko will also appear at that point.

lolipiece

Staff member
Not even in the Super Training chapter? Honestly, if Kusaka is taking so much time to give out the Starters, he's gotta to be planning something, or may even be trying to mislead us into thinking X will get Harimaron and Y will get Keromatsu when he could be thinking something else.
Alternatively, he may be wanting to finish BW2 before deciding which Starter goes to who, and may not have given the Starters out yet to keep the possibilities open.

I doubt it. At the rate we're going, BW will finish in either volume 51 or 52. By the time B2W2 finishes in the volumes, it'll be 2015. That's too long.

The Trimmian (Furfrou) chase in the games is in which city? How much cities until this? Because it seems obvious to me that Sana'll get Trimmian back at that point. Perhaps Fokko will also appear at that point.

Parfum Palace, with is located north of Route 7, right after Camphrier Town. We're still three cities away.

Assuming they don't split off to cover more ground, we won't be seeing it for a while.

G-SANtos

I doubt it. At the rate we're going, BW will finish in either volume 51 or 52. By the time B2W2 finishes in the volumes, it'll be 2015. That's too long.
What if they decide to have an online serialization for it? Would that change anything? Digimon World Re: Digitize: Encode will be a webseries from next month on, nothing stops SPECIAL to have an online arc. Honestly, Kusaka and Yamamoto should seriously suggest this to Shogakukan. Someone should tell them about this on Twitter.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Aw, I was waiting for Coronis's translation before dipping in on this thread but I'll go ahead and go anyway.

Harudon looks great but I still want my Horubi first and foremost. Best early route in-game vermin ever. X looks so cool and smart using Harimaron's hard, rock-like quilled head as a defense to save the baby. And Y's Keromatsu saving the gang with its bubbles is great, me thinks the Kanto big three are going to be under the care of Sana, Toroba and Tierno. Not against the idea at all, Sana with Lizardon Y pls I could see them giving those starters to X and Y 2 too as well. I just wanna see Y fight more, she seems like such a badass. The way she climbed outta her house with her Yayakoma handling the maid was great.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
After White doing next to nothing in the Team Plasma fight (magazine I know) I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Y fight some more. In fact I hope she does the Gym Leader battles, since her anime counterpart isn't allowed too. Don't know if she will or not but I hope to see her battle a lot. If she got a Kanto Starter, Charmander would be the likely one simply because it becomes Charizard and can fly, something a Sky Trainer would favor. Whatever I just want to see Froakie sit on her head when it's not fighting. I also wonder what Shauna, Tierno, an Trevor are going to do? Will they be official Dexholders or be even more Wallys or Wallies.

SerenaStar16

Sky Trainer
Could anyone please explain what happened in the X and Y chapter for this month? For the chapter this month and the chapters last month, there hasn't really been any summary, just bits and pieces.

arawn

I think Coronis was busy these days . So we didn't get X Y chapters summary anymore . Hope he could comeback . I love him .

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I think Coronis was busy these days . So we didn't get X Y chapters summary anymore . Hope he could comeback . I love him .

Next best thing and only thing is wait for Dogasu to give us summaries, though his are short and lack an immense amount of detail that Coronis adds to his translations for us monthly unfortunately.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Dogasu posted the summaries along with the February one.

dogasu.bulbagarden.net/manga/pocket_monsters_special/current_xy_corocoro_ichiban.html#February_2014

lolipiece

Staff member
[img139]https://24.media.tumblr.com/4c223439e255d540004d2af8555ad8bc/tumblr_mz34tuVZwP1r1alb2o1_400.png[/img139]

One more to the big-5-O. I have to wonder if they'll do anything special for when we get to volume 50. No other Pokemon manga has ever gotten this far and at this rate, none ever will. Closest is Pocket Monsters, but it restarts its numbers everytime it goes to a new arc.

The Topic section has updated with volume 49 cover.

Highlight added last month's Ichiban pages.

Product's also been updated. I wish people would translate these.

Pokedex has added Black's Nite, Burgh's Leavanny, and Team Flare's Amoonguss. They also added Relic Song and Dragon Tail.

And finally, the timeline page has added B2W2 and XY to its section.

Also, they broke Ruby's hat.

[img139]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2635/mpgn.png[/img139]

Last edited:

diakyu

So chespin is now his yes?

lolipiece

Staff member
No. And it probably won't be for a while.

diakyu

Hmm, Dogasu makes it seems like it is. He says Tierno suggests X should let Chespin on his team and he reluctantly does so.

ReiZerou

Dogasu's summaries have had serious translation mistakes in the past, so they're not entirely reliable. Note that Trevor still keeps both of the starters in his bag in the Super Training chapter which clearly happens after the other ones released so far. And X explicitly says they don't belong to anyone yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.