• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Sorry that I forgot to post the summaries of the January plots, so I'll just combined them here.

Ichiban (Jan):
Chapter starts off with a flashback to 2 days before the Vaniville incident. Apparently, Y's mother Grace was trying to seek advice from X, hoping that she could find a way to dissuade Y from pursuing her Sky Trainer path and return to Rhyhorn racing. X naturally doesn't give much opinion and only replies through paper slips, but Y walks in on the conversation and goes into a quarrel with Grace. Grace then says she will be away for 2 days and won't be back til then. Y is still upset and barks that she wouldn't care even if Grace never comes back.

Back to the present, Cassius has driven his crew in a van to the Battle Chateau for the system maintenance. It is revealed that he has snuggled the Vaniville kids in his van to avoid the enemy ambushing them. Apparently, he has agreed to take them to Cyllage City to find Grace. Cassius tells the kids to stay inside the van while he checks on the system, but X ends up going into the bushes with Elec to train. Cassius returns, feels upset and tries to get them back inside the van with his Gorgeist but X starts to fight him. Trevor intervenes, and it turns out that X is still not very trusting of adults, be it Sycamore or Cassius. Trevor realizes that without Y's mitigation, their groups seems to be falling apart.

Back at the HQ of Team Flare, it is revealed that all the residents of Vaniville were held hostage while the Pokemon were all trapped inside special Pokeballs. The Grunt who was hunting for Mega Stones is tied up and questioned, and a silhouette (who later reveals herself to be Malva) berates him for his failure, though chooses to spare him since he did manage to obtain the Gyaradosite for their boss, and also managed to kidnap Clemont (did not really explain how Clemont ended up in TF's hands after he was sent flying off). Malva sifts through the pile of Pokeballs (they have a Team Flare logo on them), and finds the box with the Pokedex and Fennekin. She destroys the Dex with the heel of her shoe, while deciding to use Fennekin. She also demands the female Pyroar back from Aliana, and tells Xerosic to find one of the hostages as their pawn.

Back at the Battle Chateau, Cassius drives off on his van after finishing business, and approaches a helicopter shaped like a Flygon. He decides to take the aerial route to avoid running into Zubats in the Connecting Cave. However, soon after they go airbone, they are attacked by a swarm of Vivillons led by a group of Sky Trainers (all Vivillons are in different patterns)...

Ichiban (Feb):
Cassius wonders if the Sky Trainers are also after the kids, and X finds it not surprising since the enemy could easily track him with the waves from his Mega Ring. Cassius tries to escape by steering, but the Vivillons attack with a combined Hurricane and nearly knocks the helicopter over. One female Sky Trainer lands on the front window and begins tapping. Cassius wonders what she wants, and Y (who have somehow changed into her sky suit) comes forward and explains that it is the morse code used by Sky Trainers, telling her to come out and fight. Y prepares to do so, and when X questions if she is ok, Y says although she is still not coping with her mother's situation, it wouldn't help to ruminate over it.

Y throws herself out of the helicopter and starts to fight, and Cassius learns from X that the Sky trainers were probably all from the same Sky Trainer School in Vaniville Y attended. The one leading them is named Yvette (Jap: Misora, on route 11 in XY), who was a senior of Y in the school. We go into a flashback of Y's school life, and apparently she had a small feud with Yvette, who was a very high profile girl, famous for her collection of all Vivillons (including the Pokeball and Fancy patterns) since her parents travel around a lot and gather them for her. She makes fun of Y who is also slightly famous due to Grace, and says while her own parents fly around, Y's mother runs around on the ground. She even deliberately drops some notes for Y to pick up, and mocks her being more suited kneeling on the ground. Y storms off, but then Yvette gets irritated when their teacher (a woman whose hair and mouth shape like a Pidgeot) tries to look for Y and says the press is hoping to interview her due to her famous mother. Yvette pretends to help pass on the note to Y, but then destroys it (explains why Y didn't know Alexa and Viola would be interviewing her).

Back to the present, Y knows that the other 14 Sky Trainers are all under Yvette's command, and focuses on battling Yvette. She gains a distance from the helicopter to keep her friends safe, but then X and everyone else on board (especially Shauna) are aware of an 'eye' looking on. Yvette further mocks Y and tells her to stay on the ground like her mother, but Y finally retaliates, and demands Yvette to stop making nonsense. Y says she started out as a Sky trainer to rebel her mother, but whatever the reason, she can be who she is because of her mother. With that, her Fletchling evolves into a Fletchinder, and Y thanks Yvette for finally letting her express her emotions.

Meanwhile, Shauna's Skitty has detected the location of the 'eye', and Cassius steers the helicopter to discover the floating Aegiflash. X mega evolves Elec to fire off an electric attack, just as Fletchinder hits Vivillon with a Flame Charge, fainting both and breaking Aegislash's control over the Sky trainers. They all collapse, and the Vivllons catch them.

It is revealed that Malva was controlling the Aegislash (which means Celosia probably didn't own it either). At the end of the chapter, there was this little joke where Cassius tells X 'we can go search for your girl's mother now'. But X gets angry, pinches his chair, and says Y isn't his girl, and Cassius sweatdrops and backs off...

Fan:
We start off with the owner of the Shabboneau Castle who wishes to see Diancie and dispatches his underlings to find it. We then go back to Korrina, Gurkinn, and Diantha. It is night time, and Korrina is shocked to hear from Diantha that a Gymleader like her could one day become a champion. Diantha says such a thing has happened in other regions (we see the sihoeutte of Wallace). They then go on to talk about the Elite 4: Wikstrom being a mature but sometimes stubborn person; Drasna always witty and friendly; and Siebold a great cook. Malva, however, is mysterious and prefers to stay on her own. At that moment, they see a horde of Carbinks running around in the wild.

Korrina and Diantha turn to their tent to find Gurkinn, who is polishing their mega equipments. Diantha tells Gurkinn about the Carbinks, and Gurkinn becomes wary. He suggests them check out the cave nearby, where the Carbinks live, and they soon discover a horde of fainted Carbinks. At the end of the tunnel, they find a guy who wears a mask, and has apparently taken hold of Diancie, the pink diamond princess. The guy pretended to work for the Shabboneau owner, and learns of information on the Pokemon to aide his mission. The guy sends out three Binacles to fight, and Gurkinn lures them all back outside the cave.

Once under the moonlight, Diancie attacks with Moon Blast and frees herself, even breaking the man's mask (more like a spiderman-ish garment over his head). The Shabboneau owners arrives at that moment, and starts kicking the man (who referred to the owner as a fallen elite). Clouds start to cover the moon, and the guy thinks it's his chance, but Diancie attacks him with a Diamond Storm, and sends him running off.

The guy goes back to his employer, who turns out to be Malva, and gives her the few diamonds he managed to find. Malva isn't happy, and rewards him with a flamethrower from her Pyroar.

The sun rises, and the Shabboneau owner decides not to capture Diancie and let find a new home with the Carbinks. Diancie shows interest in the key stones before she leaves, and Gurkinn reveals that it is because Diancie is capable of mega evolving as well. The group then waves Diancie goodbye...

=========================

Interesting how the writers manage to showcase all the Vivillon forms (I didn't count but there were at least 17-18 Vivillons despite only 15 Sky trainers, so I assumed there were all there). Fletchling evolving is great, because I'm starting to fear the slow motion of the Pokemon development. I wonder if Malva really owns that Aegislash or if she borrowed it from Wikstrom (who may or may not be evil as well?).

Anyway, Malva seems to be quite the antagonist in these few chapters, he demeanor somehow reminding me of Lorelei.

On another note, I wonder how will the Fennekin part turn out. A third version to XY is still unconfirmed, but if there is a third but not repaired sequel, I wonder if Z or whoever it is will turn out to be a Team Flare grunt who somehow picked up the Pokedex and kept it til it gets repair later. Just a thought.

Coronis~

arawn

Wow, Fletchinder debut. I'm happy Y has a chance to shine this time, hope her situation with Grace will be solved soon.

I wonder what Diantha talked with Korrina about Gym leader being CHampion could foreshadow anything in the next game ... Could Korrina being the champion the next Kalos game just like Iris ?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
But if Aegislash isn't Celosia's, then her only other Pokemon is Manectric...

I guess she could use Drapion like in the games.

Oh well, finally Yako-chan evolves! I'm surprised we're a year in (and then some) and none of the starters have evolved yet.

LordSerperior

Y gets some focus! I'm really happy about that and its nice to hear her Fletchling evolving! Really interested to see where Fennekin and Malva will be going! Malva being Lorelei is really interesting, I loved her in RGB. Also I'm hoping Diancie doesn't get the Meloetta treatment, I'm sure she will appear for the mega form but still I have a feeling it will be largely ignored specially with Hoopa coming up soon. Well we can still visit Meloetta again in B2W2 but frankly its extremely unlikely.

lolipiece

Staff member
Meloetta only had two chapters because I don't think Kusaka intends on doing another clash between Legendaries like in Platinum.

Diancie will show up again because it can Mega Evolve. But I wonder who will Mega Evolve it.

Red and Blue

Y would be a good canidate to evolve Diancie. It would give her a mega evolving pokemon, plus a legendary.

Speaking of Legendaries, I wonder when Mewtwo will show up? I hope Kusaka doesn't wait to bring him back until the very end of the arc during the final battle. I want to see him bond with X

shawn_o1

So the Sky Trainer Y battles the Sky Trainer whose name begins with Y. (I would've called Serena's counterpart Yvette and gave the 'other' Yvette a completely different name. Something like... Winda?)

btw, Volume 52 just over a week away. I'm expecting Zinzolin to turn Black into a Plasma pawn

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/206?articleID=157559

Viz is releasing Pokespe XY on Free Comic Book Day. It'll also have some of BW and Emerald.

Also, pics.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/gNjJYtg.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/8P8kzzP.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/BQhMSMF.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/CpDkJV4.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/K3dy30F.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/CMYXhhO.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/ylRnU7v.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/NgkgEpu.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/QdnyzCI.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:
Ah, X's reaction to Cassisus's joke makes me think X isn't interested in Y romantically, as I'm reminded of the time someone thought I was my brother's wife. I think I roughly made the same expression ^-^. But yay, because I definitely see the two as pseudo-siblings rather than potential shipping material.

Majiata

Aren't those school uniforms some of the clothes you could wear ingame? I like how they seem to want to show off at least some of the clothes, with Diantha wearing some of the boy's clothes as a disguise in one of the earlier rounds and now this.

lolipiece

Staff member
Aren't those school uniforms some of the clothes you could wear ingame? I like how they seem to want to show off at least some of the clothes, with Diantha wearing some of the boy's clothes as a disguise in one of the earlier rounds and now this.

Yep.

Tie-Neck Blouse Gray and Pleated Kilt Skirt Black

arawn

Y was so cute in her uniform and that double kill was awesome.
I think X didn't have any feeling toward Y. That was a fresh from RuSa DiaPla and BlackWhite.

Ajui13

Interesting how the writers manage to showcase all the Vivillon forms (I didn't count but there were at least 17-18 Vivillons despite only 15 Sky trainers, so I assumed there were all there). Fletchling evolving is great, because I'm starting to fear the slow motion of the Pokemon development. I wonder if Malva really owns that Aegislash or if she borrowed it from Wikstrom (who may or may not be evil as well?).

And let's not forget Dragalge, the one that appeared with the Flare Admin. It could turn to be Drasna's. I'll stop trusting the elite 4 when another grunt, admin or scientist bring out a Barbaracle.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Y was so cute in her uniform and that double kill was awesome.
I think X didn't have any feeling toward Y. That was a fresh from RuSa DiaPla and BlackWhite.

The shipper in me refuses to acknowledge this and instead turns it around and speculates that maybe X is just in denial.
Or, well, whatever. They're still young and an evil organization is loose. Trivial things such as feelings can come later.

I think X is embarrassed to admit (or ignorant to feeling) this like Ruby, maybe. ;310;

Not with that expression. ( :

That's an expression of you sick *#@*. Quite common among siblings or people who see themselves as siblings.

Wonder if Malva's got rest of the Elite 4 brainwashed too. Diantha does seem to be close with them, or at least knows them well.

Last edited:

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Sorry that I forgot to post the summaries of the January plots, so I'll just combined them here.

Ichiban (Jan):
Chapter starts off with a flashback to 2 days before the Vaniville incident. Apparently, Y's mother Grace was trying to seek advice from X, hoping that she could find a way to dissuade Y from pursuing her Sky Trainer path and return to Rhyhorn racing. X naturally doesn't give much opinion and only replies through paper slips, but Y walks in on the conversation and goes into a quarrel with Grace. Grace then says she will be away for 2 days and won't be back til then. Y is still upset and barks that she wouldn't care even if Grace never comes back.

Back to the present, Cassius has driven his crew in a van to the Battle Chateau for the system maintenance. It is revealed that he has snuggled the Vaniville kids in his van to avoid the enemy ambushing them. Apparently, he has agreed to take them to Cyllage City to find Grace. Cassius tells the kids to stay inside the van while he checks on the system, but X ends up going into the bushes with Elec to train. Cassius returns, feels upset and tries to get them back inside the van with his Gorgeist but X starts to fight him. Trevor intervenes, and it turns out that X is still not very trusting of adults, be it Sycamore or Cassius. Trevor realizes that without Y's mitigation, their groups seems to be falling apart.

Back at the HQ of Team Flare, it is revealed that all the residents of Vaniville were held hostage while the Pokemon were all trapped inside special Pokeballs. The Grunt who was hunting for Mega Stones is tied up and questioned, and a silhouette (who later reveals herself to be Malva) berates him for his failure, though chooses to spare him since he did manage to obtain the Gyaradosite for their boss, and also managed to kidnap Clemont (did not really explain how Clemont ended up in TF's hands after he was sent flying off). Malva sifts through the pile of Pokeballs (they have a Team Flare logo on them), and finds the box with the Pokedex and Fennekin. She destroys the Dex with the heel of her shoe, while deciding to use Fennekin. She also demands the female Pyroar back from Aliana, and tells Xerosic to find one of the hostages as their pawn.

Back at the Battle Chateau, Cassius drives off on his van after finishing business, and approaches a helicopter shaped like a Flygon. He decides to take the aerial route to avoid running into Zubats in the Connecting Cave. However, soon after they go airbone, they are attacked by a swarm of Vivillons led by a group of Sky Trainers (all Vivillons are in different patterns)...

Ichiban (Feb):
Cassius wonders if the Sky Trainers are also after the kids, and X finds it not surprising since the enemy could easily track him with the waves from his Mega Ring. Cassius tries to escape by steering, but the Vivillons attack with a combined Hurricane and nearly knocks the helicopter over. One female Sky Trainer lands on the front window and begins tapping. Cassius wonders what she wants, and Y (who have somehow changed into her sky suit) comes forward and explains that it is the morse code used by Sky Trainers, telling her to come out and fight. Y prepares to do so, and when X questions if she is ok, Y says although she is still not coping with her mother's situation, it wouldn't help to ruminate over it.

Y throws herself out of the helicopter and starts to fight, and Cassius learns from X that the Sky trainers were probably all from the same Sky Trainer School in Vaniville Y attended. The one leading them is named Yvette (Jap: Misora, on route 11 in XY), who was a senior of Y in the school. We go into a flashback of Y's school life, and apparently she had a small feud with Yvette, who was a very high profile girl, famous for her collection of all Vivillons (including the Pokeball and Fancy patterns) since her parents travel around a lot and gather them for her. She makes fun of Y who is also slightly famous due to Grace, and says while her own parents fly around, Y's mother runs around on the ground. She even deliberately drops some notes for Y to pick up, and mocks her being more suited kneeling on the ground. Y storms off, but then Yvette gets irritated when their teacher (a woman whose hair and mouth shape like a Pidgeot) tries to look for Y and says the press is hoping to interview her due to her famous mother. Yvette pretends to help pass on the note to Y, but then destroys it (explains why Y didn't know Alexa and Viola would be interviewing her).

Back to the present, Y knows that the other 14 Sky Trainers are all under Yvette's command, and focuses on battling Yvette. She gains a distance from the helicopter to keep her friends safe, but then X and everyone else on board (especially Shauna) are aware of an 'eye' looking on. Yvette further mocks Y and tells her to stay on the ground like her mother, but Y finally retaliates, and demands Yvette to stop making nonsense. Y says she started out as a Sky trainer to rebel her mother, but whatever the reason, she can be who she is because of her mother. With that, her Fletchling evolves into a Fletchinder, and Y thanks Yvette for finally letting her express her emotions.

Meanwhile, Shauna's Skitty has detected the location of the 'eye', and Cassius steers the helicopter to discover the floating Aegiflash. X mega evolves Elec to fire off an electric attack, just as Fletchinder hits Vivillon with a Flame Charge, fainting both and breaking Aegislash's control over the Sky trainers. They all collapse, and the Vivllons catch them.

It is revealed that Malva was controlling the Aegislash (which means Celosia probably didn't own it either). At the end of the chapter, there was this little joke where Cassius tells X 'we can go search for your girl's mother now'. But X gets angry, pinches his chair, and says Y isn't his girl, and Cassius sweatdrops and backs off...

Fan:
We start off with the owner of the Shabboneau Castle who wishes to see Diancie and dispatches his underlings to find it. We then go back to Korrina, Gurkinn, and Diantha. It is night time, and Korrina is shocked to hear from Diantha that a Gymleader like her could one day become a champion. Diantha says such a thing has happened in other regions (we see the sihoeutte of Wallace). They then go on to talk about the Elite 4: Wikstrom being a mature but sometimes stubborn person; Drasna always witty and friendly; and Siebold a great cook. Malva, however, is mysterious and prefers to stay on her own. At that moment, they see a horde of Carbinks running around in the wild.

Korrina and Diantha turn to their tent to find Gurkinn, who is polishing their mega equipments. Diantha tells Gurkinn about the Carbinks, and Gurkinn becomes wary. He suggests them check out the cave nearby, where the Carbinks live, and they soon discover a horde of fainted Carbinks. At the end of the tunnel, they find a guy who wears a mask, and has apparently taken hold of Diancie, the pink diamond princess. The guy pretended to work for the Shabboneau owner, and learns of information on the Pokemon to aide his mission. The guy sends out three Binacles to fight, and Gurkinn lures them all back outside the cave.

Once under the moonlight, Diancie attacks with Moon Blast and frees herself, even breaking the man's mask (more like a spiderman-ish garment over his head). The Shabboneau owners arrives at that moment, and starts kicking the man (who referred to the owner as a fallen elite). Clouds start to cover the moon, and the guy thinks it's his chance, but Diancie attacks him with a Diamond Storm, and sends him running off.

The guy goes back to his employer, who turns out to be Malva, and gives her the few diamonds he managed to find. Malva isn't happy, and rewards him with a flamethrower from her Pyroar.

The sun rises, and the Shabboneau owner decides not to capture Diancie and let find a new home with the Carbinks. Diancie shows interest in the key stones before she leaves, and Gurkinn reveals that it is because Diancie is capable of mega evolving as well. The group then waves Diancie goodbye...

=========================

Anyway, Malva seems to be quite the antagonist in these few chapters, he demeanor somehow reminding me of Lorelei.

On another note, I wonder how will the Fennekin part turn out. A third version to XY is still unconfirmed, but if there is a third but not repaired sequel, I wonder if Z or whoever it is will turn out to be a Team Flare grunt who somehow picked up the Pokedex and kept it til it gets repair later. Just a thought.

Coronis~

Thank you soo much for the summaries Coronis and hehe X's reaction.

Yaay another Y-centred chapter and Yako-chan finally evolved!!! Nice to see a bit of Y's past. So Sky Trainers go to school first? wow I didn't know, that's really interesting and she looks good in the uniform. Gotta love how Kusaka is evolving his manga! more and more depth. And I love how X is turning to become after all that travelling, sure he still distrusts adults, but well the story isn't even close to finish.

I wonder if Emma is going to end up with Fennekin in the end.
So Malva decides to use Fennakin, I wonder how that will turn out.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/206?articleID=157559

Viz is releasing Pokespe XY on Free Comic Book Day. It'll also have some of BW and Emerald.

Also, pics.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/gNjJYtg.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/8P8kzzP.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/BQhMSMF.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/CpDkJV4.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/K3dy30F.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/CMYXhhO.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/ylRnU7v.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/NgkgEpu.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/QdnyzCI.jpg[/img139]

But if Aegislash isn't Celosia's, then her only other Pokemon is Manectric...

I guess she could use Drapion like in the games.

Oh well, finally Yako-chan evolves! I'm surprised we're a year in (and then some) and none of the starters have evolved yet.

And thank you for the pictures, gotta love X' reaction, like a haunted guy who wants to kill someone. And yeah about time one of their Pokémon evolved. Manetric doesn't count because he evolved before joining X' team.

ATM I not shipping anyone in the XY arc, so I'll just see what will happen. I hope Y get's another Pokemon in her team soon, like Onbat!!! That's a must have for her!

diakyu

Geez, X's reaction was a bit too intense, he looks like he's two seconds away from snapping Cassius' neck lol. I think there's something going on there that we don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.