• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well, if you want to think about it like that, Black is the only Dex holder whose hair resembles Ash's enough for Ash-Greninja design to work. X's hair is too straight.

But then again, Black's hair is brown, not black. (Dyeing is an option?)

As for the starter distribution, Y having Greninja fits perfectly. She's a Sky Trainer and can fly with her magic suit that doesn't actually follow the laws of how flying works. Greninja is a frog, which are known for their jumping skills.

Heck, the Pokemon website says that Ash-Greninja has increased leg strength. If Ash-Greninja does show up in Pokespe, they could reference that. They mentioned how good Croaky was at jumping when it was still a Froakie, so it'd be a nice call back.

And the depressed loner X having the super cheerful and friendly Marisso works as a nice contrast. I already pointed out why Malva having Delphox fits.

e9310103838

I do not think Ash-Greninja is the original product of anime. I am pretty sure that they decide Ash-Greninja will enter in the game in the first and entrust anime to publicity in advance (I think). And anime (and manga) are very rarely to used the original Pokemon (The three legendary birds and crystal Onix is still not a new original Pokemon form in my opinion, well)

They even created a new ability for it. I think that's why Kusaka used it because this is part of the game.

I do not think Kusaka will make its appearance reference to Y. This could have said that the special Greninja had always been like that. But who knows? Maybe Kusaka wanted it appearance to refer to Y.

And I do not think Ash-Greninja will crush Chesnaught or Delphox since Charizard also has two Mega evolution. And our protagonist X use Chesnaught, remember? (poor Delphox again)

The only thing I worry about is that Kusaka has made X and Croaky to get a bond. Although I do not expect Y to get "the very important" scene since our protagonist is still X in this arc (I think this has already enough for her to get Xerneas), but she still deserves to get some scene with Croaky.

And I think the next problem Kusaka will face is Pikashunium Z... lol ;317;

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The Battle Bond Ability could just be chalked up to "we're not going to actually put in the effort to make a whole new game mechanic just for a single Pokemon".

How would a Bond Phenomenon even work in the games? In the anime, Ash actually feels Greninja's pain. That wouldn't exactly translate well in the games, though it wouldn't be impossible since we see Trainers behind their Pokemon.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Touch up the lore and retcon some things so it fits in Pokespe and it will be fine, it won't be that hard to disconnect it from Ash.

I stan for Greninja regularly so I don't take issue with the inclusion as along as they can actually make the form work and erase all connections it has to Ash because otherwise it wouldn't make sense. But that's my two cents on it it's not the end of the world

Janovy

Banned
Touch up the lore and retcon some things so it fits in Pokespe and it will be fine, it won't be that hard to disconnect it from Ash.

I stan for Greninja regularly so I don't take issue with the inclusion as along as they can actually make the form work and erase all connections it has to Ash because otherwise it wouldn't make sense. But that's my two cents on it it's not the end of the world
Pretty much.

The whole transformation can only be improved upon, it can't be any worse than what we already have.

e9310103838

Well, if you want to think about it like that, Black is the only Dex holder whose hair resembles Ash's enough for Ash-Greninja design to work. X's hair is too straight.

But then again, Black's hair is brown, not black. (Dyeing is an option?)

As for the starter distribution, Y having Greninja fits perfectly. She's a Sky Trainer and can fly with her magic suit that doesn't actually follow the laws of how flying works. Greninja is a frog, which are known for their jumping skills.

Heck, the Pokemon website says that Ash-Greninja has increased leg strength. If Ash-Greninja does show up in Pokespe, they could reference that. They mentioned how good Croaky was at jumping when it was still a Froakie, so it'd be a nice call back.

And the depressed loner X having the super cheerful and friendly Marisso works as a nice contrast. I already pointed out why Malva having Delphox fits.

And Chespin family are the Pokemon who the body covered by a shell. This is the perfect reflection that X is a cocooning. ;266;

And About arrow and Pokeball, in fact, except Erika we also get some other characters to use the Pokeball by special props.

Like Yellow use fishing rod, Koga and Janine use shuriken, Bruno use nunchakus, Falkner use boomerang, Bugsy use insect net, Clair use whip, Gold use cue stick, Crys and Wally use the launcher ring, etc.

Last edited:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just came across this yesterday. According to this interview excerpt, it seems that it was an anime director's intention to make Ash's Greninja special, but it was GF who ultimately 'designed' Ash-Greninja per say.

I vaguely recall rumors prior to the release of Sun and Moon that more were planned for the Alolan starters akin to how they handled Ash-Greninja, and then there were claims that whatever this plan was ultimately got dropped. Of course, this is just rumors but the 'Ash-Greninja' phenomenon could have been more widely implemented during its conceptualization.

Coronis~

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I vaguely recall rumors prior to the release of Sun and Moon that more were planned for the Alolan starters akin to how they handled Ash-Greninja, and then there were claims that whatever this plan was ultimately got dropped. Of course, this is just rumors but the 'Ash-Greninja' phenomenon could have been more widely implemented during its conceptualization.

Coronis~
Indeed, there were rumors, Rockruff was said to have a secret in its split evolutions meanwhile, the starters were said to have their own secret which was never unveiled or could have easily been clickbait hype. But either way this secret was never officially announced. Their humanoid appearances lead many to believe synchro was an honest new thing rather than an invention to shill Greninja and Satoshi. The secret being they all would get Battle Bond, people still cling to this theory due to their odd stat distributions.

Last edited:

ertineaqiuo

Watch them relate Ash-Greninja to how X looks since Ash in XY was based off of Calem. They can say because Y is such good friends with X it manifested in her Greninja. It sounds bad, but I seriously doubt they'll reference Ash directly.

In retrospect, they really got screwed over with the starter pattern this time (though Chespin is my personal favorite). Ash-Greninja under X would have been perfect and it would even transform like all his other Pokemon.

Ash didn't based on Calem.

Calem / X's hair was straight, medium length.
If your referirng to his outfit in XY, for me it pretty much like Red's FRLG attire colored with the same shade of blue of Calem's clothes.
BTW Ash's DP were based on Lucas minus the scarf and red hat and his SM attire really resembles to Sun's.

Regarding your worries on Pikashunium Z. Just let Red and Pika showcase it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.