• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

My bet is that Moon gets both Popplio and Rowlet since she's both a medic and an archer. Lillie will naturally have Nebby when she appears and Hau will be like Wally and Shauna where he gets a different Pokemon as a starter.

I can see Hau get pichu since Alolan Raichu does seem like his ace considering reports where his Alolan Raichu gives players difficulty beating it. I like the idea of Moon getting both Rowlet and Popplio since Moon is a archer and Decidueye is a archer as well. Also Moon is a nurse and that fits with Popplio since Primarina is a healer.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
My bet is that Moon gets both Popplio and Rowlet since she's both a medic and an archer. Lillie will naturally have Nebby when she appears and Hau will be like Wally and Shauna where he gets a different Pokemon as a starter.

As awesome as that sounds, I doubt Moon will get both Rowlet and Popplio, since Dex Holders never get two starters from the same generation (X was a different case since receiving a Kanto starter was an in-game feature in XY). She's most definitely gonna get Rowlet though, based on the starter pattern for the girls.

As for Popplio, if we go by the game,
Professor Kukui's probably gonna get it. Or if that Pokemon Stars leak is true, then Popplio'll go to them.
Hau probably won't get any starter, but I expect that he'll be important regardless.

Last edited:

Sakuraba

I'm excited to see the Pokeball shots Moon's gonna make. That'll be a lot of fun to see.

Also, does Sun really have problems with his leg? I thought he was just faking it to make extra cash.

Takaro_SoL

Pokemon Tamer
Next BW2 chapter on January 10. Three freakin' weeks.

This is getting so annoying. Also, I wonder what's the point of delaying it so badly? We're in Gen VII already and they're still struggling with Gen V. I'm afraid that we may be getting a sudden ending in two or three chapters because it's just taking too long and they need to cut it in order to focus on SM.

Nice that they showed Pop Roxie, though.

I dont get it. Why would they cut it off after 3 chapters? Having two arcs running at the same time isnt anything new

e9310103838

I'm excited to see the Pokeball shots Moon's gonna make. That'll be a lot of fun to see.

Also, does Sun really have problems with his leg? I thought he was just faking it to make extra cash.

Obviously his leg injuries were real and not fully recovered. Although we do not know why he was injured. ;386-a;

BlackButterfree

So apparently, Lack-Two and Whi-Two have official English names already; Blake and Whitley. While it makes sense, since they're phonetically similar to Black and White, Whitley is a very weird name I've never heard before, and it's super weird having Dex Holders whose names aren't the game names. Then again, we already have Yvonne, and I wouldn't be shocked if X was revealed to be named Xavier in either the English version or the collected volumes. Since X and Y are nicknames, I really hope Blake and Whitley start getting called B2 and W2 by Bianca or Cheren or something.

And Moon being an archer nurse is pretty badass and epic. I love it.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Someone on Tumblr pointed out that like Moon, Erika also used Pokeball-tipped arrows in the Yellow (or GSC?) arc. That along with the fact that she's a Grass-type expert (thus could possibly have knowledge on herbs and potions) and that Moon is implied to be not from Alola (Kanto like the protag in the games, probably?), it'd be interesting to see if they have some sort of connection. Maybe Moon is Erika's apprentice or something.

So apparently, Lack-Two and Whi-Two have official English names already; Blake and Whitley. While it makes sense, since they're phonetically similar to Black and White, Whitley is a very weird name I've never heard before, and it's super weird having Dex Holders whose names aren't the game names. Then again, we already have Yvonne, and I wouldn't be shocked if X was revealed to be named Xavier in either the English version or the collected volumes. Since X and Y are nicknames, I really hope Blake and Whitley start getting called B2 and W2 by Bianca or Cheren or something.

And Moon being an archer nurse is pretty badass and epic. I love it.

X and Y are only nicknames in the English/French version though, their names have always been X and Y in the original. If we go by the official website's character page, Lack-Two and Whi-Two are technically the official translations of their names as well. Though I guess people can choose what they want to use.

BlackButterfree

Someone on Tumblr pointed out that like Moon, Erika also used Pokeball-tipped arrows in the Yellow (or GSC?) arc. That along with the fact that she's a Grass-type expert (thus could possibly have knowledge on herbs and potions) and that Moon is implied to be not from Alola (Kanto like the protag in the games, probably?), it'd be interesting to see if they have some sort of connection. Maybe Moon is Erika's apprentice or something.

X and Y are only nicknames in the English/French version though, their names have always been X and Y in the original. If we go by the official website's character page, Lack-Two and Whi-Two are technically the official translations of their names as well. Though I guess people can choose what they want to use.

I thought Yvonne Gabena was the official Japanese name for Y?

And hasn't it been longer in the manga than it has in the games (roughly 10-12 years)? Maybe Moon is Erika's daughter.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
I thought Yvonne Gabena was the official Japanese name for Y?

And hasn't it been longer in the manga than it has in the games (roughly 10-12 years)? Maybe Moon is Erika's daughter.

Capture.jpg

Nope. Her official full name is Y na Gabena. Yvonne is a Viz add-on. I'm actually surprised they didn't bother to have X be short for Xavier as well, then again only Y had a last name.

The idea of Moon being Erika's daughter is interesting, but I kinda doubt any game character would suddenly have children in this adaptation, no matter how much time has passed.

AnimePsyclone

Mew... Mew... Mew...
View attachment 16390

The idea of Moon being Erika's daughter is interesting, but I kinda doubt any game character would suddenly have children in this adaptation, no matter how much time has passed.

Well, if Erika is 16 in RGBY, it’s been 20 years and she’d be 36. Moon is around 12, so Erika would have had her at age 24, maybe younger or older. So it is possible, and that’s if RGBY Gym Leader Erika was only 16! She might be older.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Sun nicknaming his Pokemon after currency is amusing. Moon being a medic is unexpected, but I love how Kusaka always tries to do something new. Maybe she hopes to run a Pokemon Center when she gets older? Her being an archer is really cool. The similarities to Erica are fitting with all the Kanto references the games had.

Black/White2 getting chapters again is really exciting. Being the equivalent of a third game arc I doubt it'll be able to do too much, but I am looking forward to seeing what all happens with it.

Red and Blue

Just realized something. If Stars is the third game then maybe Hau can be the third Dex Holder and go by Stars in Adventures

TDMFAN

Maybe Moon is from Celadon? They never explained in the games which part of Kanto the protagonist is from so that must've left a lot of opporunities to get creative. Also, her Rotom hasn't done much to protect her so I'm guessing its sole purpose is to be used for her pokedex?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Pokespe site updated.

Nothing special, as far as I could tell from basic observation. However, ORAS was removed from the front page. That only happens when an arc is finished in the volumes.

We've never had cases where currently running arcs are collected in volumes separate from the main ones before XY, so it probably doesn't mean it won't get collected again and thus get extra material in the full volumes. Hopefully.

So I'm guessing since XY's final volume comes out this month, it'll be removed from the front page later...

Also, chapter 12 of B2W2 will be released on the 21st.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Well, Moon is described as seemingly distrustful of Pokemon.

However, when she wanted to say the reason was interrupted by Sun and Tapu Koko...

And Moon will give professor Kukui the goods is Rotom. ;479;

TheHumanPokedex

Just realized something. If Stars is the third game then maybe Hau can be the third Dex Holder and go by Stars in Adventures

Possibly. They would have to hold off on showing him as acharacter for a while though. Unless Stars would be a yet to be revealed last/middle name for Hau

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Possibly. They would have to hold off on showing him as acharacter for a while though. Unless Stars would be a yet to be revealed last/middle name for Hau

I think either Kukui will keep Popplio or Hau will get it but get the Wally/Cheren/Bianca treatment if they end up making an original character named Stars (i.e. hand over his Pokedex and starter)

Ominous Wind

What a hilarious chapter. Sun's Meowth is named Dollar, and it doesn't get along with En (Yen). I love this arc already.

4de_92

I think I will love Sun!! because x and lack-two don't convice me as male protagonists. Sorry I don't like them really . Sun's team will be a cat team
Maybe moon is erika'sdaughter ( is crazy theory) XD

Status
Not open for further replies.