• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moni_22

Don't know how I will handle summaries. I don't think I can pull it off in the same way that Coronis does it, but I'll try to share some stuff!
To find it all: https://twitter.com/taddlelegacy/status/1076174968310849537
Du9Y2N6VsAA31aS.jpg

Aether Employee Girl tells Gladion that Solgaleo doesn't look like it was captured, but became one with whatever the claw was that took it, which we (the readers) all know as: Dusk Mane Necrozma.
Du9aUDfU8AAz3TD.jpg

Aether Employee is explaining that she recalls what Anabel said and reveals to Lillie and co. that Anabel is from the world beyond the hole and that she has info that they don't even have.
Du9cRiBU0AACWqK.jpg

Sun and Moon have been in that world for nearly 4371 hours, aka 182-183 days if they were going to use the regular measure of time they're familiar with back in their world.
Du9XAdNUwAAzXcm.jpg

Du9XQLkVsAAwgH5.jpg

Zygarde finally appears in the newest Pokespe SM・USUM chapter. It can break down and split itself back into individual Zygarde Cells.
Du9dT3vUwAEyAB0.jpg

Sun wonders where's Guzma because he was abducted by the same Ultra Beast that they're running into now, but he hasn't seen anyone since coming here and ponders if he was even brought here.
Du9eagOUwAATS-z.jpg

Thanks a lot for this! This format works really well ^-^

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sun has a Z-Power Ring on the calendar poster. Can't tell what's in it; I'll need a bigger version of the image. Anyways, it's nice to see that Poipole is more or less confirmed for our heroes due to its placement. It'd be a waste if none of our heroes got one after so many other Pokedex holders got Legendaries and Mythicals.

Also, nice to see an effective use of the timeskip. Zygarde's here and we don't need to waste a bunch of panel time explaining what it is to our heroes. But when did Sina, Dexio, or Sun obtain a Core? Up until now, it was just Cells. Eh, they look basically the same, so I wouldn't be surprised if they mistook a Core for a Cell.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Sun has a Z-Power Ring on the calendar poster. Can't tell what's in it; I'll need a bigger version of the image. Anyways, it's nice to see that Poipole is more or less confirmed for our heroes due to its placement. It'd be a waste if none of our heroes got one after so many other Pokedex holders got Legendaries and Mythicals.
It's one of the new Z-crystals that sport a three-diamond shape. Also Poipole isn't a legendary... all the more reason why Moon needs an extra lol cute poison-type on her team. Cute and poison... how Poipole represents that very well.

Lucky3

Don't know how I will handle summaries. I don't think I can pull it off in the same way that Coronis does it, but I'll try to share some stuff!
Du9Y2N6VsAA31aS.jpg

Aether Employee Girl tells Gladion that Solgaleo doesn't look like it was captured, but became one with whatever the claw was that took it, which we (the readers) all know as: Dusk Mane Necrozma.
Du9aUDfU8AAz3TD.jpg

Aether Employee is explaining that she recalls what Anabel said and reveals to Lillie and co. that Anabel is from the world beyond the hole and that she has info that they don't even have.
Du9cRiBU0AACWqK.jpg

Sun and Moon have been in that world for nearly 4371 hours, aka 182-183 days if they were going to use the regular measure of time they're familiar with back in their world.
Du9XAdNUwAAzXcm.jpg

Du9XQLkVsAAwgH5.jpg

Zygarde finally appears in the newest Pokespe SM・USUM chapter. It can break down and split itself back into individual Zygarde Cells.
Du9dT3vUwAEyAB0.jpg

Sun wonders where's Guzma because he was abducted by the same Ultra Beast that they're running into now, but he hasn't seen anyone since coming here and ponders if he was even brought here.
Du9eagOUwAATS-z.jpg
So why is that Aether girl talking with Lillie and Gladion? Did she defect? Wicke too?

shoz999

So why is that Aether girl talking with Lillie and Gladion? Did she defect? Wicke too?
My guess is that they, the entire Aether Foundation, still care about Lusamine in the end despite her sanity and they want everyone's help to bring her back, even those that Lusamine brushed off as annoying or enemies. A common theme with villainous organizations is the loyalty they have to their bosses so it should be no surprise here that it's the same with the Aether Foundation.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
That and, for all effects, Gladion and Lillie are still Lusamine's heirs. They (and Mohn) are probably the ones to who anyone at Aether should answer. I assume Wicke acts as their guardian while their mom are "disabled", to say the least.

shoz999

Whoa. Here's an interesting "Did you know" fact about Moon. She's based on Bae Doona, who plays a master archer, from the Korean monster movie, "The Host". I freaking love that movie! But man the CGI has not aged that well.

Pokemon.Manga

Du9Y2N6VsAA31aS.jpg

Du9aUDfU8AAz3TD.jpg

Du9cRiBU0AACWqK.jpg

Du9XAdNUwAAzXcm.jpg

Du9XQLkVsAAwgH5.jpg

Du9dT3vUwAEyAB0.jpg

Du9eagOUwAATS-z.jpg

Did Sun catch/befriend Zygarde during the timeskip and how did he manage to form the 10 percent form without the machine? Does it have a nickname? I am surprised it had a cameo in this chapter.

shoz999

Did son catch/befriend Zygarde during the timeskip and how did he manage to form the 10 percent form without the machine? Does it have a nickname? I am surprised it had a cameo in this chapter.
Probably from the looks of things. He now has a dog on his two-cat team lol.

On a different note. There is one little detail I've noticed. The Ultra Recon Squad members, Dulse and Zossie. Look at their body language, Zoffie holding onto Dulse's arm as he's getting a little nervous at her lol.

lolipiece

Staff member
Did Sun catch/befriend Zygarde during the timeskip and how did he manage to form the 10 percent form without the machine? Does it have a nickname? I am surprised it had a cameo in this chapter.

Zygarde doesn't need the machine to change form. That's just an in-game method of switching between its 10% and 50% Formes. It has no purpose here.

TotallyNotCrt

Zygarde doesn't need the machine to change form. That's just an in-game method of switching between its 10% and 50% Formes. It has no purpose here.
It's also not stable at 10% forme anyway,
it breaks down into individual 1% cells and Sun wonders if it was always like that or if it's because of the Ultra Space world they're in.
Yeah, Aether Employee defected with Wicke because Faba took over the foundation and rules it with an iron fist and branded anyone who didn't agree with his ideology as traitors, including those who annoyed him in the past like Gladion and Lillie.

Translation's out, so feel free to discuss.

Last edited:

shoz999

It's more funny seeing Dulse saying "ALOLA!" with a smile than it is with a blank face in the games. On a different note, this version of Lusamine is honestly kind of a sad one. I know it's only a glimpse but you can already tell that Mohn is definitely the cause behind her insanity in how she claims that she feels abandoned. This obvious connection on how Mohn affected Lusamine's mental health this early on is already kind of sadder than her game and anime counterpart.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
It's more funny seeing Dulse saying "ALOLA!" with a smile than it is with a blank face in the games. On a different note, this version of Lusamine is honestly kind of a sad one. I know it's only a glimpse but you can already tell that Mohn is definitely the cause behind her insanity in how she claims that she feels abandoned. This obvious connection on how Mohn affected Lusamine's mental health this early on is already kind of sadder than her game and anime counterpart.

Took Kasuka long enough! Though it seems Faba is taking over as the big bad and I'm honestly not impressed that the worse that came out of all those Beasts being left undisturbed for six months was Malie City getting wrecked and Poni Island being the island they and Lusamine squander in... doing nothing.
Poni Island, the one island that doesn't have civilization or any people at all. The place that the Beasts are perfectly comfortable with being at and no motive what so ever to cause havoc like people wanted them to.

*SIIIIIIIGGGGGH!*

I ranted about how the manga wasn't so kind to Lillie's development wise among other things, I am leaving it at that before I cause a flame war here!

lolipiece

Staff member
Kusaka's blending elements of both games again.

In Sun and Moon, it's mentioned the UBs attack because they're in a new world and scared. Here, it's because their worlds are devoid of light (aka Necroma's doing) and they're scared of it.

Took Kasuka long enough! Though it seems Faba is taking over as the big bad and I'm honestly not impressed that the worse that came out of all those Beasts being left undisturbed for six months was Malie City getting wrecked and Poni Island being the island they and Lusamine squander in... doing nothing.

Lusamine's goal has always specifically been to create a paradise meant only for herself and the UBs (and possibly Pokemon in general, but whatever), and she got what she wanted. Obviously she doesn't want others to be there, but it seems to mostly be a case of "don't bother us, we won't bother you".

She rejected Guzma in the games, but didn't mind him just sitting a few dozen feet away from her doing nothing. When the player and Lillie tried stopping her, she went for the murder option.

At least it makes more sense than in the games where she just goes to the Ultra Deep Sea for Nihilego with no way of getting back despite making it clear she wanted all the beasts.

shoz999

Kusaka's blending elements of both games again.

In Sun and Moon, it's mentioned the UBs attack because they're in a new world and scared. Here, it's because their worlds are devoid of light (aka Necroma's doing) and they're scared of it.

Lusamine's goal has always specifically been to create a paradise meant only for herself and the UBs (and possibly Pokemon in general, but whatever), and she got what she wanted. Obviously she doesn't want others to be there, but it seems to mostly be a case of "don't bother us, we won't bother you".

She rejected Guzma in the games, but didn't mind him just sitting a few dozen feet away from her doing nothing. When the player and Lillie tried stopping her, she went for the murder option.

At least it makes more sense than in the games where she just goes to the Ultra Deep Sea for Nihilego with no way of getting back despite making it clear she wanted all the beasts.
I don't know if it's completely like that. I think her obsession for beauty is a escape way from the fact that she felt "abandoned" by Mohn and over time "betrayed" by her children which she mentions those specific words as her main reasons for loving this "paradise" because this "beauty", these Ultra Beasts won't abandon or betray her like her family did. Honestly the more you think about how this take on Lusamine is taking consideration into her history with Mohn and her kid more often early on in the story than other adaptations, albeit in a subtle way, the more depressing it kind of is actually to see Lusamine smiling like she's in paradise but in reality she must be depressed, terrified and angry all at once. I guess to put it simply this take on Lusamine seems to express her denial.

Last edited:

Lucky3

I mean, that was always implied to be the reason for her madness. Kusaka is just being a lot more a straightforward than the games, as he usually is.

So it looks like we're mixing the end of SM (Lusamine going off with the UBs) with the post-game of USUM(Faba taking over Aether Foundation), and they actually make a lot of sense together.

I like this take on Lusamine. It seems they've toned down her cruel and mean side but kept all the crazy. The fact that she's had that sweet smile in literally every single panel she's ever appeared in is actually pretty unsettling. I just hope she does something relevant.

shoz999

I mean, that was always implied to be the reason for her madness. Kusaka is just being a lot more a straightforward than the games, as he usually is.

So it looks like we're mixing the end of SM (Lusamine going off with the UBs) with the post-game of USUM(Faba taking over Aether Foundation), and they actually make a lot of sense together.

I like this take on Lusamine. It seems they've toned down her cruel and mean side but kept all the crazy. The fact that she's had that sweet smile in literally every single panel she's ever appeared is actually pretty unsettling. I just hope she does something relevant.
Actually that's what I mean. Mohn being the source of her madness hinted in a subtle way this early on feels honestly far more believable than even her game counterpart's source, key-word source. Her game counterpart I honestly think is more believable, simply because it's not only well-defined but is complete in storytelling from beginning to end but in terms of the source of her madness, I always thought that Lusamine had an obsession with beauty which was fairly interesting in it's own right. I didn't really hear the whole Mohn connection until post-game after I found out a fan theory on this. I honestly thought that Lusamine's loss made a lot of sense but it still felt kind of lacking that Lusamine really is more obsessed with beauty. You can even see it in her anime adapted counterpart where Mohn has never been mentioned once. I'm gonna guess Mohn is going to make an appearance but before that, right now, it seems like Lusamine only went crazy because of her obsession with beauty which is modeled after the games. Here in the Adventures manga, it's really implied here that it has less to do with beauty and more with family denial which I really like as it's setting itself up for an even more believable Lusamine. I liked the game and even the anime counterparts, I actually don't understand why most SM anime fans don't seem to like Lusamine's villain role in the anime lol, it was fairly interesting but this might outdo the game version if explored properly, making her more of a human villain than just simply portrayed as downright insane at first.

Last edited:

diakyu

Man I really hope Sun ends up with Zygarde. One part because I think it's one of the cooler legendary pokemon, and another part because i want to see him command complete form Zygarde against Ultra Necrozma.

Status
Not open for further replies.