• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyNotCrt

https://twitter.com/taddlelegacy/status/1075233266427293697
Duv-5aBVsAIZ_JZ.jpg
https://twitter.com/taddlelegacy/status/1075234810635837440
DuwAPatVAAALFZP.jpg
Got the Memorial Artboard~

https://twitter.com/taddlelegacy/status/1075253021330665472
DuwQ4wxUYAAYruW.jpg

Volume 4 cover.

Also, this marks the first time where the e-book release is simultaneous with the physical release. This could simply be because digital is more convenient now as other Shogakukan products do this, but it could also be that Pokespe's doing really poorly in book sales physically that they're simply offering the digital version at the same time to try to get some sales.

Last edited by a moderator:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Hey, @TotallyNotCrt, if a new chapter's about to come out, just make a new thread if we happen to get some important news during that period. No point in adding to the previous thread when it's about to be closed, after all.

As for the volume cover, oh, Anabel's aura is red? I guess that makes sense since UBs are technically fallers, too, so they would have the same color as her.

...Can she use Beast Boost?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Hey, @TotallyNotCrt, if a new chapter's about to come out, just make a new thread if we happen to get some important news during that period. No point in adding to the previous thread when it's about to be closed, after all.

As for the volume cover, oh, Anabel's aura is red? I guess that makes sense since UBs are technically fallers, too, so they would have the same color as her.

Just a thought. You know how in the anime, Anabel can wield telepathy? Basically she's what you call a Psychic, a human who has strange abilities. It's the same label used for people like Yellow, Sabrina and Morty. Well the way Anabel is portrayed there, it looks like she's not just lifting her glove to show off the aura but to actually wield it similar to that of a Psychic. As you said, it's most likely Beast Boost. Although it could just be part of the fact that during the recent chapters, she revealed herself to be a Faller.

lolipiece

Staff member
Oh wow, the Pokespe site's updated for the first time since January! Unfortunately, every other page now leads to an under construction image like the Pokedex page.

Not sure what it says, but it involves the Daisuki club. Translations are appreciated.

Also, a preview of the calendar poster. Looks like it's a newly drawn, colored version of last month's chapter's final panel.

DuxQnD4W0AAZvO1.jpg

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
yay, I've finally caught up and can take part of the current discussion :)

what, she knocks someone out and then what? does she get stronger? more resistant? faster?

Oh wow, the Pokespe site's updated for the first time since January! Unfortunately, every other page now leads to an under construction image like the Pokedex page.

Not sure what it says, but it involves the Daisuki club. Translations are appreciated.

Also, a preview of the calendar poster. Looks like it's a newly drawn, colored version of last month's chapter's final panel.

DuxQnD4W0AAZvO1.jpg
I spy with my little eye something giant, white+gold-ish, that looks like a dragon, so no, I don't think it's just last month's final page, and I think we all know where this is going

lolipiece

Staff member
Now that it's finally confirmed, we can use the monthly plot threads to discuss any potential USUM stuff instead of the future plot thread.

I'm not surprised, honestly. We've been getting USUM elements for over a year now.

Also, Yamamoto posted a teaser on this chapter today, confirming we'll be seeing the Ultra Recon Squad in it.

So it's pretty clear that there won't be any new Dex Holders then (not like that's not a surprise or anything).

Did people actually expect this? It's not like the SM protags and the USUM protags are different people.

TotallyNotCrt

Now that it's finally confirmed, we can use the monthly plot threads to discuss any potential USUM stuff instead of the future plot thread.

I'm not surprised, honestly. We've been getting USUM elements for over a year now.

Also, Yamamoto posted a teaser on this chapter today, confirming we'll be seeing the Ultra Recon Squad in it.

Did people actually expect this? It's not like the SM protags and the USUM protags are different people.
b-b-but muh PLACEHOLDER NAMES (even though you can get the original haircuts and clothes of the SM designs in USUM)

shoz999

Ultra Recon Squad...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASH!

I cannot contain my excitement. I take it from this Necrozma's going to have quite an interesting and complicated story in the future. I hope they show a much better look at Ultra Megalopolis than the games did.

lolipiece

Staff member
Speaking of which, Karubi's posted the usual pics!

Du2TZFWUcAACtwY.jpg

Du2TgQlUYAAmRG6.jpg

Du2TpyxUUAAjlfE.jpg

Du2TsGgVYAEv2PG.jpg

Rowlet's evolved! Finally! New clothes get!

shoz999

Speaking of which, Karubi's posted the usual pics!

Du2TZFWUcAACtwY.jpg

Du2TgQlUYAAmRG6.jpg

Du2TpyxUUAAjlfE.jpg

Du2TgQlUYAAmRG6.jpg

Rowlet's evolved! Finally! New clothes get!
Moon's change in clothings reminds of me of Y's change in clothes and hair. However what's interesting is that from the looks of those torn-up shirts, it appears they've been lost in the Ultra Wormspace for a long while with little contact to society. On the other hand, it seems like they have made contact... with Pikachu Valley lol? Those Pikachu clothings they both have pretty much points to one particular location. I wonder how Pikachu valley will fit in the Ultra Wormspace stuff. Alternate universe maybe. Maybe an USUM universe separate from the SM universe? Also it's one step closer to Decidueye, my favorite Alolan final-evolved starter!

Meron

Since they're in the world where Guzma was taken to but he's not around, maybe he was saved by the URS and has been in Ultra Megalopolis for the past six months.

shoz999

Since they're in the world where Guzma was taken to but he's not around, maybe he was saved by the URS and has been in Ultra Megalopolis for the past six months.
Ultra Megalopolis would make a lot of sense as sort of a "hub" or "checkpoint" world for people like Guzma and Lusamine to stay at while the heroes go off to save the day.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
It evolved? When?

And the new images buy in to my theory that Sun and Moon will end up in a "better" universe where they don't exist but CAN stop a less crazy USUM-personality Lusamine, while the one they came from will become the Ultra Ruin...in the process killing off all of the "old" dexholders so that LGPE can happen...

Moni_22

That's actually very likely, I mean he wouldn't have been able to survive 6 months alone.

It evolved? When?

During the six months they were away.

---

I'm liking where the story is going right now, they made a clever connection between SM and USUM. Also they look great with the USUM designs, I always loved them more than the SM ones, Moon especially looks great with long hair, I like that Kusaka made a realistic reason for the change of look.

I think they are talking about the Beast Ball in the last page, maybe we'll see it in action next chapter. Also this is a good oportunity for Moon to get either Nihilego or Poipole, the later most likely.

shoz999

So who else thinks this is going to be less of a finale storyline and more like a Part 2 Story Arc to SM? Cause it does sure seem like that way considering how things were left on a cliffhanger. It kind of feels like how Emerald is Part 2 to FRLG and how Platinum is Part 2/Finale but full-fledge story arc to Diamond and Pearl. If you think about it, the whole wormhole scenario is a classic way to tell different adventures at different locales at quick haste. We could see Sun and Moon at Megalopolis in one moment, we could see them exploring the Ultra Beasts homeworlds the next and we could see them accidentally stepping into a world where Team Rocket wins as a little side-story rather than an epic clash since SM already has it's hands full with the UB storyline.

That's actually very likely, I mean he wouldn't have been able to survive 6 months alone.

During the six months they were away.

---

I'm liking where the story is going right now, they made a clever connection between SM and USUM. Also they look great with the USUM designs, I always loved them more than the SM ones, Moon especially looks great with long hair, I like that Kusaka made a realistic reason for the change of look.

I think they are talking about the Beast Ball in the last page, maybe we'll see it in action next chapter. Also this is a good oportunity for Moon to get either Nihilego or Poipole, the later most likely.
I like it when characters hair-styles and clothings change overtime. Love how there continuing on that tradition with the female characters at least. Moon looks fantastic with her hair like that. I hope they do this for the guys in the future but you know GameFreak. They always limit the customizable choices for guys.

Lucky3

To be fair, Emerald also had the same protags as RS and we still got a new character, so the precedent was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.