• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
While we wait for the new chap, here's the cover to Pokespe Sword and Shield vol 2.

Epi-WZIXUAUVfvk.jpg

Have you seen these Pokemon?

G-SANtos

I already posted in the Upcoming Manga release thread.

Well, I guess I'm going to quote the rest of my post there then.

Is this the earliest anyone has got their full team in a cover? Yeah, 5 of them are actually a poster, but still.
Also, both Soudo and Shieldmillia have all their Pokémon in the cover. Yamamoto didn't hold back.

And Hop and Beet are in the background. Judging by this and volume 1, it seems the pattern for SwSh volumes will be Soudo and Shieldmillia with their Pokémon in the foreground, and some other character(s) in the background.
I wonder if we'll ever get Gym Leaders in the background, or if that will be reserved for important characters. If it's the latter case, the only other characters that can appear are Mary (Marnie), Rose, Olive (Oleana), MAYBE Nezu (Piers), possibly Sonia, and the royal siblings. And also DLC characters if the DLCs don't get their own arcs. Mary might only show up in a cover when they get to Spikemuth, but I hope she actually appears in volume 3.
Strange Manabu (Marvin) hasn't shown up in a cover yet, despite traveling with them and possibly being an actual main character.

Quick prediction on next covers' backgrounds:
-Volume 3: Mary, and maybe Manabu.
-Volume 4: Rose and Olive.
-Volume 5: Swod and Shildy.
-Volume 6: Eternamax Eternatus instead of a human.
Vol. 3 and 4 predictions could be interchangeable, because Rose shows up in Stow-on-Side.

EDIT: By the way, Yamamoto changed his Twitter banner to part of the cover.
What do you think of my cover theory?

lolipiece

Staff member
'Ello 'ello! It's time for Pokespe SWSH for December! Last chapter of the year!

EpuVRjbU0AA48zb.jpg

EpuVdJbU8AAmKfi.jpg

EpuVfPGVgAADg-u.jpg

EpuVknDUYAApiyt.jpg

Soudo backstory time.

Something is happening to Bede and it's not good.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Dex time:
"Rumor has it that its gigantic mouth leads not into its body, filled with cursed energy, but instead directly to the afterlife. "

"It lays traps, hoping to steal the lives of those it catches. If you stand in front of its mouth, you'll hear your loved ones' voices calling out to you. "

Is Allister trying to KILL Sword?

Also, who is the tea woman?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
She doesn't wear that headpiece and have that little hair, though...are the Sinistea and Polteageist hers, or Alister's?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I do like how the manga is more slower paced coz it feels like the writers are actually taking their time with their story, unlike SM/USUM and to an extent, XY and B2W2. Feels like they are really out of their crunch period now and have time to properly focus on good slow placed arcs, unless all the endgame stuff quickly happens now

lolipiece

Staff member
EqFoIb6UcAI8AQN.jpg

Back cover.

Lucky3

According to an Amazon preview, it seems Viz will be going with Henry and Casey for the names of the protagonists of the Sword and Shield arc.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Huh... so is Sou gonna be related to Kurt somehow?
Meister Master' garb seems awfully familiar... but could be a generic yukata I suppose

lolipiece

Staff member
According to an Amazon preview, it seems Viz will be going with Henry and Casey for the names of the protagonists of the Sword and Shield arc.

...OK? One quick skim through Google and these names seemingly have nothing to do with "Sword" or "Shield".

So I hope their last names (assuming they keep that) follow the naming pattern otherwise this is a pretty random name change.

...I guess they could be the nicknames, too. Henry could be short for Heinrich and Casey for Cassandra, but those also don't fit.

Huh... so is Sou gonna be related to Kurt somehow?
Meister Master' garb seems awfully familiar... but could be a generic yukata I suppose

A distant relative potentially, but that outfit is what blacksmiths wear, apparently.

e9310103838

...OK? One quick skim through Google and these names seemingly have nothing to do with "Sword" or "Shield".

So I hope their last names (assuming they keep that) follow the naming pattern otherwise this is a pretty random name change.

...I guess they could be the nicknames, too. Henry could be short for Heinrich and Casey for Cassandra, but those also don't fit.

Obviously Henry was taken from Henry the Fowler (Heinrich) who has the title Handleless Sword. Several British kings are also named Henry.

And Casey, I’m not sure, but it might be taken from Casey Holliday, the discoverer of the Aegisuchus.

Last edited:

iml908

Was really hoping Viz was just gonna name them Sword and Shield and keep up the naming pattern. Well, Blake was known as Rachel in the Viz preview of his manga, so there's always a chance they'll change it.

Macromind101

So, any word/idea on what the status of Bea is?
I’m not surprised that Allister is the gym leader, though, since Bea appeared in the anime. And the manga has mirrored the anime with the opposite version in the past (Jirachi creates Groudon in the anime while it creates Kyogre in the manga, Team Plasma pursues Reshiram in the anime while it pursues Zekrom in the manga, Nebby evolves into Solgaleo in the anime while it evolves into Lunala in the manga).

Lucky3

I think something will happen to Allister and Bea will have to replace him for the rest of the challengers.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I think what I can find interesting about Soudo is his natural chill and closed eye manner even in battle for a male character. No overly drawn out heroics, drama or huge declarations about dreams. Just a very causal protagonist much of the time. I haven’t cared for Dex Holders in recent years since I feel like they’re mostly meh these days (you only have so many archetypes you can cycle through tho, I understand.)

The preparation for the Water gym with Sunny Day was clever and being a swordsmith isn’t a bad theme for a Dex Holder. His Pokémon choices are all pretty obscure which is nice to see along with these obscure ‘mon being some of my faves. I like weird and creative picks but a team based around weaponry items for a swordsmith trainer...never knew the picks could turn out so well. We get to see lesser popular “ugly” ones like Gurdurr and Oranguru.

Pokémon Special is still moving sort of fast admittedly but they’re making things like Hop more interesting (his crush and interactions with Schilly > his fantasizing of Leon and Hau-like loser-cheery act) Glad the game still isn’t being prioritized in that regard. Do something different with these characters.

I think something will happen to Allister and Bea will have to replace him for the rest of the challengers.
Yeah he ran off so I think she’ll confront Schilly.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm not reading but for what I've seen so far is really interesting. I'll admit the whole thing of them getting actual names - even if punny - and a NPC like Marvin being given a starter really picked my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.