• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feebas' Prism Scale! (1120)

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
this was an alright and enjoyable episode but TR felt compltetely unneccessary

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Like I expected, Chloe made the episode. That scene with Cerise telling her that you'll never succeed if you don't try was so nice. It gave her the courage to take charge in preparing Nami and Feebas for that contest. Chloe got so invested in helping Nami win that I think she got one step closer to finally becoming a research fellow like Ash and Go. "Pokémon are amazing."

I loved how Chloe interacted withe the others in this episode as well.
* Nami calling her Big Sis is super sweet.
* I'm glad that Parker gets along with Chloe so much that he asked for her help in the bullying situation.
* Chloe went full on Mimikyu with the Gyaru Girls.
* Goh playfully teasing Chloe about her not caring for Pokémon and Chloe's "Oh... there are more now." were nice and goes to show they've been friends for a while.
* Chloe said she asked for Goh and Ash's help in this situation but interestingly only spoke to Goh in the beginning about it. Ash kinda tagged along. Then, rightfully scolded Ash about battle training not being necessary here. Now, I wish we could have seen her scolding Ash when Pikachu ran away.

Overall, I think this episode could have been super boring without Chloe's involvement as even TR seemed shoehorned in. Goh caught a Wingull. Okay. It was a C+ episode imo.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Okay, the fact they actually leave Vermillion makes this episode vastly better on it's own. Why can't more of the fillers be like this instead of every single competition/event/etc seemingly taking place in Vermillion? Also this means Hoenn got a third episode before the other older ones got a second but eh... at least Hoenn's not as overdone as Kanto! Hope we get Unova soon

I loved how much development Chloe's received in such a short time, sadly she probably isn't showing up again for a few episodes but I love how they already made her travel with the boys! All we really need now is an episode where her and Ash get to bond. She's by far the best part of the episode and if they keep this up I think she has potential to rival Dawn as best Pokegirl, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with her. I don't think anyone other than Kiawe become one of my favorites as quick as she did

I also loved how they got pissed off at Goh, that was awesome

She and Ash were both awesome, Team Rocket I love.... but why even include them if Chewtle's not here? "But the Gacha is random" lol so is the League yet Ash conveniently faces all the rivals other than Trip in later rounds, it's obvious they aren't drawing Pokemon names from a hat. It's a Water themed episode, they own a Water type... I really don't want Chewtle's third appearance to be his evolution :/

9/10 Definitely the best non-Ash/PWC related episode so far, add Chewtle and remove the unnecessary Wingull capture and this would be a perfect 10

UnovaMaster

Best to avoid a Chloe/Ash bonding episode, lest the pervs/Ash fandom decides that she's Ash's possession and that any time Goh is speaking to her that damages Ash's turf

This could be the best trio since the original if people learn to appreciate how good we have it with all three members of it

D

Deleted member 384931

Best to avoid a Chloe/Ash bonding episode, lest the pervs/Ash fandom decides that she's Ash's possession and that any time Goh is speaking to her that damages Ash's turf

This could be the best trio since the original if people learn to appreciate all three members of it
This isnt a Trio this is a duo with Koharu as side character.

D

Deleted member 384931

No this is a trio, the entire episode was about them being a trio even if Chloe did most of the Feebas work
Then you see things that I dont see. That is fine. I arent even going to discuss something like this. I am just following the official descriptions that has been given by the beginning of the series, like everyone should

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Then you see things that I dont see. That is fine. I arent even going to discuss something like this. I am just following the official descriptions that has been given by the beginning of the series, like everyone should

Just because Ash and Goh are protagonists while Koharu doesn't have that main status yet doesn't mean they can't be called a trio, especially when all three of them as a group helped the COTD with her Pokémon. Plus it seems they are slowly building up Koharu to join the boys permanently too

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
This episode reminded me of the Adventures manga and the subplot involving Ruby and his Feebas. Initially he thought Feebas was ugly, much like how the pre schoolers thought it looked weird. Also in both instances, the turning point of both plots happened in Slateport, by which I mean the contest in this episode and in the Adventures manga, Ruby getting mad at Feebas losing causing it to swim away in tears. In addition, in both instances shizzle went down, the TR attack in this episode and Hoenn beginning to flood in the chapter Ruby entered the Slateport contests.

Another thing, what is it with Contests in Slateport City being won by Milotics? The contest in AG and the Grand Festival (also held in Slateport) was won by a Milotic trainer and this contest had an award given to a Milotic trainer.

>Koharu: "The contest is not about battling!"
In Ash's defence, (Anime) Pokemon Contests in Hoenn do have a battling segment.
I also liked Koharu moan at Go at capturing Wingull despite it not being another him episode.

Last edited:

dentula

Feebas evolving was awesome. I wish they didn't force TR to make it happen, though. TR was so obviously a plot ploy that I would have preferred the evolution to occur organically during the performance.

I hope that Milotic will remain the girl's walking pokemon, casually towering over everything like a boss.

I loved that Koharu joined Satoshi and Gou on their trip to Houen with Nami, although I didn't necessarily like the Water-type Pokemon Friendship Contest since it was rather bland. It made me question why the Contest had to be set in Kaina City when it looked like it could've easily been held on a beach in Kuchiba City instead.
My thoughts, too. It's the sort of competition that could happen at literally any local fair or festival. It's generous of the kids' parents to buy international travel tickets for everyone.

Like I expected, Chloe made the episode. That scene with Cerise telling her that you'll never succeed if you don't try was so nice. It gave her the courage to take charge in preparing Nami and Feebas for that contest. Chloe got so invested in helping Nami win that I think she got one step closer to finally becoming a research fellow like Ash and Go. "Pokémon are amazing."

I loved how Chloe interacted withe the others in this episode as well.
* Nami calling her Big Sis is super sweet.
* I'm glad that Parker gets along with Chloe so much that he asked for her help in the bullying situation.
* Chloe went full on Mimikyu with the Gyaru Girls.
* Goh playfully teasing Chloe about her not caring for Pokémon and Chloe's "Oh... there are more now." were nice and goes to show they've been friends for a while.
* Chloe said she asked for Goh and Ash's help in this situation but interestingly only spoke to Goh in the beginning about it. Ash kinda tagged along. Then, rightfully scolded Ash about battle training not being necessary here. Now, I wish we could have seen her scolding Ash when Pikachu ran away.
Agree! So many sweet moments. And it's great that Koharu is becoming more interested and involved with pokemon. There's plenty of nuance to her character and I look forward to seeing more of her.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This episode was very cute and I really like how much Chloe is developing, especially when Goh cheekily asks her that he thought she didn't like Pokémon. They are building her up really well
Honestly this trio has the potential to be simply amazing because both Goh and Chloe are having proper development, even if Goh's goal rn should be handled better.
Also loved seeing milotic, ever since I saw Tyranitartube's alpha sapphire extreme randomizer nuzlocke and how op Mavis the milotic was, I really have developed a deeper admiration for milotic
All in all a nice episode but man am I looking forward to next week episode

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I found the way Daiki/Go delivered the “Water Festival We’re All Friends Water Type Pokémon Friendship Contest” line to be absolute gold.

This felt like a DP/BW filler - especially the TR interruption- and I really enjoyed it. The kid and her Feebas were cute, and it was surprising to me how well-animated that evolution scene was. Most importantly, we get to see more of Koharu’s genuine personality and of course more of her development; I wouldn’t be surprised if by episode 40 we have another focus episode or two confirming her desire to be a trainer. This episode practically spelled it out at the end, glad to see they’re not dragging it out too long. Overall it was a pleasant episode; fun and engaging.

Consider me invested for next week’s episode....damn. That was a heavy trailer and I’m increasingly curious about what happened to Go in the past

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Did they retcon Kryssa to have a pink lab coat? I could’ve sworn she wore a white one in earlier episodes

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I thought "gyaru" was the Japanese word for dark-skinned blond, but it's just "gal."

Gals and gyaru are the same thing. 'Gal' is written in katakana as 'gyaru' and the term is some times just used to make it more obvious that it is in reference to the fashion style in Japan. There also also different types of gyaru. These girls appear to be 'kuro gyaru' (black gals). Of course, that's kind of...not a very good idea to write, so I'd just call them 'tanned gyaru'.

Anyway, the only other prominent use of gyaru in the series that I can remember is when Musashi and Kojirou dressed up as gyaru back in Kantou to give Satoshi those tickets for the ship. I think Serena was also supposed to be a gyaru but I don't feel like the anime really hammered that home as much. Risa from Movie #21 is also a gyaru.

Of course, there's also Galko-chan! Or several girls from iDOL M@STER: Cinderella Girls.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Jinny learning to swim reminded me of Oshawott in Facing Fear with Eyes Wide Open!

Cherami Leigh's gasp when Team Rocket blew up Jinny's performance sounded like Jun Mizusawa's gasps during the Ganon fight lol

This was a great development episode for Chloe -- I love her!

What an all-time meme came out of this episode. Saving this one forever
If even a new evolved Milotic can beat the Trio.... This episode is so forgetable and predictable. But isnt a filler cause Gou caught Wingull

I would say the real reason it's not a filler has nothing to do with Wingull and everything to do with Chloe's development

Raboot's edginess scaring off children is one of the funniest jokes this series has ever made.

Chloe going Ultra Instinct is a joke I sort of expect out of this series. Honestly reminds me of May's hangry outbursts.

What is Ultra instinct?

Gals and gyaru are the same thing. 'Gal' is written in katakana as 'gyaru' and the term is some times just used to make it more obvious that it is in reference to the fashion style in Japan. There also also different types of gyaru. These girls appear to be 'kuro gyaru' (black gals). Of course, that's kind of...not a very good idea to write, so I'd just call them 'tanned gyaru'.

Anyway, the only other prominent use of gyaru in the series that I can remember is when Musashi and Kojirou dressed up as gyaru back in Kantou to give Satoshi those tickets for the ship. I think Serena was also supposed to be a gyaru but I don't feel like the anime really hammered that home as much. Risa from Movie #21 is also a gyaru.

Of course, there's also Galko-chan! Or several girls from iDOL M@STER: Cinderella Girls.

what about the Nurse Joy from the Orange Islands?